LegacyGT.com

The complete Megan Racing catback info thread. Pics, vids and dynos!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should fit, but since I cannot test fitment I will not know for sure. As for the sound with the equal length JDM headers, I'd guess it to be a bit quieter, with less rumble. I will know what it sounds like with that header since I will be installing my twinscroll sometime in the near future.

UPDATE: Talked to the folks at Megan Racing today and the exhaust are finished!

They are scheduled to ship next week and will take about 2 weeks to get here. That means they will be here by the 3rd week of September! Nice! Look for my GB thread tonight or tommorrow.

Anyway I can hear this in person before committing to buy one? Still kinda undecided if I really want a cat-back anyway.

Come down to the South Coast Subaru show on Saturday. I'm going to be showing my car there. You are more than welcome to take a listen. I'm going to be running the v.3 mufflers, which are the production design internally, but do not hang quite as nicely as the production versions will.

Fitment issues aside, I know I personally wouldn't put a 3" exhaust on a na 4 cyl. You'll most likely see pretty massive power loss at low RPMs, with non-existant to minimal gains up top.

Exactly right. The 3" midpipe will likely cause a large loss of exhaust gas velocity and scavenging, which will definately hurt your low end power. Probably not a wise choice.

For the guys asking about the y-pipe by itself, the answer is no, it will not be available separately. Really you don't want it by itself anyways because, while the bends and flanges are somewhat similar to the stock y-pipe, they are not the same. Stock mufflers, and axle-backs designed to fit the stock y-pipe will not work with the Megan y-pipe.

UPDATE: Talked to the folks at Megan Racing today and the exhaust are finished!

They are scheduled to ship next week and will take about 2 weeks to get here. That means they will be here by the 3rd week of September! Nice! Look for my GB thread tonight or tommorrow.

How many are they shipping? Are there supplies going to dealers as well?

Archived