LegacyGT.com

The complete Megan Racing catback info thread. Pics, vids and dynos!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boostjunkie,

Sorry if these were answered already.....

Any fitment issues with a lowerd car (20-25mm) and Cusco sways?

Still looking like $600 shipped? Or cheaper with the GB?

Lastly, any pics that are not so up close on the exhuast. Like to see the entire car.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Talked to the folks at Megan Racing today and the exhaust are finished!

They are scheduled to ship next week and will take about 2 weeks to get here. That means they will be here by the 3rd week of September! Nice! Look for my GB thread tonight or tommorrow.

please pm when the GB starts

Saw this exhaust in person today. Pics do it no justice. It looks 100x better in person. This is the exhaust that lgt owners wanted made, PERIOD. Nice boxer rumble, classy and understated but pimp. Nice work on this piece.

Thanks for the kind words Arnold!:wub: I know I done good when someone with fine taste in automotive parts like yourself says nice things about it.:icon_cool

I saw and heard this catback at the SCS, and being very very concerned about the loudness and height clearence, I would have bought it and had Paul install it right there at the meet :icon_bigg .

The sound is PERFECT, and true, the pics and videos here don't do it justice :( . The loudness is just right in that it will capture the attention of enthusiasts, rather than everyone, and the boxster rumble subtle yet noticable.

The ground clearance was good, Paul had it tucked up as much as possible and it looked pretty good :icon_bigg

Also, the dual tips will be tucked up a little more than the pics that he has now!!!...

All I can say is that Paul better be ready for the install meet....bring your cars boys! :icon_bigg:lol:

19528789_SCS31.thumb.JPG.bb96846625bdb7a66716a9eaec6e070f.JPG

713301382_SCS38.thumb.JPG.06c802dd44c5be77f416270d27a4f8e8.JPG

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Boost - Very well done. I hope the sedan variant sells out quickly so you can get on with wagon production.

Recommend you add a separate "interested?" part to your GB thread for those wagon owners who want to get in on a group buy for their vehicles. Put me down for one if/when.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I saw and heard this catback at the SCS, and being very very concerned about the loudness and height clearence, I would have bought it and had Paul install it right there at the meet :icon_bigg .

The sound is PERFECT, and true, the pics and videos here don't do it justice :( . The loudness is just right in that it will capture the attention of enthusiasts, rather than everyone, and the boxster rumble subtle yet noticable.

The ground clearance was good, Paul had it tucked up as much as possible and it looked pretty good :icon_bigg

Also, the dual tips will be tucked up a little more than the pics that he has now!!!...

All I can say is that Paul better be ready for the install meet....bring your cars boys! :icon_bigg:lol:

Yeah I was thinking about going with a Borla but man, this just makes the car sound so re-god damn awesome that I can't pass it up!

Hey All,

I was at the SCS meet this Saturday as well, and Paul was kind enough to demo the MR Catback... and I have to say, it was hella SWEET! :)

* Looked Classy and had a Clean Design.

* Great combination of Quiet but just a touch of the Rumble. It was probably the best-sounding exhaust I heard at the show. (I also listened to some GReddy's, Autospeed, and a few other exhausts, but truly this Megan Racing one was the nicest, IMHO.)

* And given the price it's a steal! :)

Just wanted to chime in and say it was all people are making it out to be and more.

Dont let the GB pressure get to you.... I had the same thing. You show them a great product and they husstle you for a GB because they are impatient. I am willing to wait.....

I hope it is not that loud.... I love my quiet exhaust.

Some of us have been very patient, for quite a long time...

I just ordered my DP and can personally just about taste this group buy!:wub:

Boost - Very well done. I hope the sedan variant sells out quickly so you can get on with wagon production.

Recommend you add a separate "interested?" part to your GB thread for those wagon owners who want to get in on a group buy for their vehicles. Put me down for one if/when.

SBT

I'm in for a wagon version...assuming it isn't too loud.

Tom

Hi Sutter2k,

If you're referring to me, then, "No" :icon_tong. SCS Meet this past Saturday was my first introduction into the world of "Subie mods" (My wallet & bank account will be cursing me forever at this point :(. It was really cool seeing everything, and I met Paul & a bunch of people who told me to "register and check out LegacyGT.com" :).

So here I am. It was a great time on Saturday and I'm glad I was lucky enolugh to be able to check out the Megan Racing catback exhaust before it hit the market.

Peace~

Hi Sutter2k,

If you're referring to me, then, "No" :icon_tong. SCS Meet this past Saturday was my first introduction into the world of "Subie mods" (My wallet & bank account will be cursing me forever at this point :(. It was really cool seeing everything, and I met Paul & a bunch of people who told me to "register and check out LegacyGT.com" :).

So here I am. It was a great time on Saturday and I'm glad I was lucky enolugh to be able to check out the Megan Racing catback exhaust before it hit the market.

Peace~

Feel your pain... I bought the Legacy as an STi lite... Fortunately (or unfortunately if you are my wife), it has not turned out that way!

Archived