LegacyGT.com

The complete Megan Racing catback info thread. Pics, vids and dynos!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, it looks like the exhaust will meet or exceed everyone's expectations!

any word on a wagon fitment?

:whore:

this is good news, pending a fitment for us wagon peeps. I'd imagine you could sell 20+ units for the wagon in no time flat. I'll buy.

Man I just love the stock tips. It would suck to see them go. They work so well on the back of the car....

How is the butt dyno?

Stock hangers?

More pisc of tips please. Good pics. :icon_bigg

i vote for more pics of the car, but not so up on the exhaust. like to see the entire car from some distance.

So, around $600 shipped is what the group buy price could potentially be? I'm assuming there will be a group buy.

Oh, and great work on being on top of this entire exhaust release; with the pics and vids and dyno. All very appreciated. Thanks

Any idea of MR is going to offer just the mid and Y? (basically the catback minus the mufflers/axel back) I like the price, but I'm turned off by the quad tip (straight cut) setup.

I love the way it sounds and the dynos are great!

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Any idea of MR is going to offer just the mid and Y? (basically the catback minus the mufflers/axel back) I like the price, but I'm turned off by the quad tip (straight cut) setup.

most likely not because this catback system was not built with OEM changable parts in mind, so if parts (matching lengths, flanges, etc..) are swapable, it's purely coincidents...you can't get anything better at this price, but as far as looks wise, it's all subjective (like you said) :)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Or you could buy my perrin y/center pipe and I'll get the megan exhaust.

Matt

Well, I have to admit, it looks much better than the earlier versions.

Does anybody have experience running a stainless system like this in the rust belt?

It looks nice now, but I am thinking after a winters worth of road salt, it would start to get pretty rusty?:icon_conf

Morgan

Any chance of a Limited Edition with fancier tips? I'm not a big fan of single-wall. This exhaust would look GREAT with some nice rolled or double-wall tips.

I like the single-walled tips and don't know if rolled/double-walled tips will be available, but wouldn't aftermarket/Kragen/Pep Boys slide-on tips work? :icon_bigg

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Boostjunkie cited 304 stainless - you should be fine in even the snow-belt.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I was there yesterday for Paul's dyno comparo on the Megan v. Stock catbacks. Those dyno figures are completely accurate. No monkey-business. Run on the dyno with the Megan. Move car. Exchange exhaust system. Back on dyno again. No ECU tuning involved.

Got to take a short ride in Paul's LGT with the Megan on. Sounds really nice. Muted idle with just a tad of burbling rumble. Under normal driving nearly stock quiet with just a nice sound. And WOT sounds much meaner than stock - a really good combination of around-town quiet and boy-racer roar.

Well, I have to admit, it looks much better than the earlier versions.

Does anybody have experience running a stainless system like this in the rust belt?

It looks nice now, but I am thinking after a winters worth of road salt, it would start to get pretty rusty?:icon_conf

Morgan

The system is 100% stainless steel.... they stuff that DOESN'T rust (well, is extremely rust resistant). If you live in the snow belt, a stainless steel exhaust is exactly what you want.

I like the single-walled tips and don't know if rolled/double-walled tips will be available, but wouldn't aftermarket/Kragen/Pep Boys slide-on tips work? :icon_bigg

:lol::lol::lol: Part of the reality of a "mass production" item, and the pricing advantages that come with it, is that not everyone can have it exactly their way. Megan Racing may consider producing a version with different style tips in the future, but as of right now, what I have posted in this thread is what is coming.

I know that it is not for everyone. Nothing is. Different strokes for different folks. I know that many people love the look. I know that some are okay with it, while others favor another style altogether. My hope is that the people on the fence about the look will see that they are getting an exhaust that is dyno proven, makes all the right sounds and is built to the same quality standards as other options priced 50% higher.

Heck, if you really want some different tips on it, you could buy them on your own, weld them up and still spend less than on some other exhausts on the market.

Another question. Any issues fitting the exhaust with an upgraded rear sway? Don't some exhausts have clearance issues when a Cusco or similar rear sway is installed?

My only problem with the quad tips is that I'll have to buy 4 whistle tips! ;) WooWoo!

Archived