LegacyGT.com

The complete Megan Racing catback info thread. Pics, vids and dynos!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the MR quiter than the Autospeed? (did you just here these on stationary cars reving in neutral?) I know, I've asked this a couple of times. I realize in a bigger city, it's kind of nice to have the stealth of stock exhaust.

Hey All,

I was at the SCS meet this Saturday as well, and Paul was kind enough to demo the MR Catback... and I have to say, it was hella SWEET! :)

* Looked Classy and had a Clean Design.

* Great combination of Quiet but just a touch of the Rumble. It was probably the best-sounding exhaust I heard at the show. (I also listened to some GReddy's, Autospeed, and a few other exhausts, but truly this Megan Racing one was the nicest, IMHO.)

* And given the price it's a steal! :)

Just wanted to chime in and say it was all people are making it out to be and more.

Q: Cobb DP tapers to 2.5" at the end, no? Can it be made into full 3" DP by cutting something so it's straight 3" until Y-pipe with MR catback? It looks like it (in the last) picture like the 2.5" portion was cut and replaced with 3" flange. I am sure it was discussed somwhere but can't find it...

Q: Cobb DP tapers to 2.5" at the end, no? Can it be made into full 3" DP by cutting something so it's straight 3" until Y-pipe with MR catback? It looks like it (in the last) picture like the 2.5" portion was cut and replaced with 3" flange. I am sure it was discussed somwhere but can't find it...

Yes it can be modded by a qualified welder/muffler shop. Maybe $50 would be my guess.

• 3 weeks later...
Suggestion: Can you post a dyno pull vid of a STOCK LGT? Would give a nice comparison. (Yes, I know we can all listen to our own vehicles, but nice to switch back and forth and compare.)

I dont understand why ppl are asking to see dyno charts comparing stock catback to megan catback without any addl mods. Everyone here who is mildly educated knows the whp gains will be somewhere between 0-10 whp at best at thats probably at the higher end of the power band. Has anyone seen a case of a catback alone bring dramatic power gains to any make car, NA or turbo?

My point is, ppl can ask for a dyno plot, but how is that information going to help you to decide wether to buy it? Is it going to seriously influence your decision on wether you buy this catback or not, he's already shown us the important plot points and thats with the other pipes modded as well (uppipe/downpipe).

Most ppl know what they get when they get a catback alone: a little extra flow and hp, a different non-stock look, and a better sound. Thats it.

Ed

I dont understand why ppl are asking to see dyno charts comparing stock catback to megan catback without any addl mods. Everyone here who is mildly educated knows the whp gains will be somewhere between 0-10 whp at best at thats probably at the higher end of the power band. Has anyone seen a case of a catback alone bring dramatic power gains to any make car, NA or turbo?

My point is, ppl can ask for a dyno plot, but how is that information going to help you to decide wether to buy it? Is it going to seriously influence your decision on wether you buy this catback or not, he's already shown us the important plot points and thats with the other pipes modded as well (uppipe/downpipe).

Most ppl know what they get when they get a catback alone: a little extra flow and hp, a different non-stock look, and a better sound. Thats it.

Ed

+1 /\ Well said,,,,

nice to see you over here Ed:icon_wink

i know that this exhaust is quiet inside the car

with the windows up i cant really hear anything

windows down it still pretty quiet

unless iget on it then i sound liek a mad crazy 2.5L evo

( i have = length headers)

TDC Tunings LGT Forum

Cobb, Perrin, APS, Invidia, Megan racing and MORE!!

Your #1 source For Subaru / Legacy GT performance parts!

i know that this exhaust is quiet inside the car

with the windows up i cant really hear anything

windows down it still pretty quiet

unless iget on it then i sound liek a mad crazy 2.5L evo

( i have = length headers)

i dont like how 2.5L evo's sound...its loud a almost rice-esque...but its FQ :lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I have no idea on the wagons, since the CBE was made and fabbed for the sedans originally. I would expect it to be a good deal louder on a wagon since I've been in WRX_LGT's wagon with just a Prodrive axleback (which are definately on the mild side) and it seemed about the same as my car.

Some prelim thoughts, just had my catback system installed this morning aand drove 300 miles to monterey, CA and back and my initial thoughts is i love the sound, you cant hear it at all at idle with a stock downpipe and the sound at full throttle is great but low enough it doesnt attract the wrong kind of attention. Subtle, smart and cool. Plus having the smaller dual tips makes for a much low key and classier look than large single tips.

Will have pics later.

Ed

Archived