LegacyGT.com

2007 JDM Legacy tuned by STI

chenc544

Looks like an amazing car, and I hope SOA considers bringing this over here.

My question is this, will there be any power upgrades with this car, or is this another aesthetic/suspension/brake modified car? Because to be honest, if Subaru can put this power up close to the 300-hp level, then they may have something.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like an amazing car, and I hope SOA considers bringing this over here.

My question is this, will there be any power upgrades with this car, or is this another aesthetic/suspension/brake modified car? Because to be honest, if Subaru can put this power up close to the 300-hp level, then they may have something.

For the only kind of driving that matters, this car has plenty of power. Only thing the LGT lacks off the floor is wheels-rubber/brakes/suspension/gearing.

give it the equivalent of all the wrx sti bits, whether you include the power or not, you're ready to hit the canyons.

Doubt SOA will see a business plan for NorAM, but It is what all us crazy LegGT owners are hoping for. Watch SOA bring the Sedan only. WAGON, WAGON, WAGON.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I would like to see a less exagerated front airdam and close to 200 HP.

2008 MY is the latest I will wait before trading my silver LegGT/5MT wagon.

Please SOA, make me a repeat customer.

Doubt SOA will see a business plan for NorAM, but It is what all us crazy LegGT owners are hoping for. Watch SOA bring the Sedan only. WAGON, WAGON, WAGON.

I am sure I am in the minority, but I would like to see a less exagerated front airdam and close to 200 HP.

2008 MY is the latest I will wait before trading my silver LegGT/5MT wagon.

Please SOA, make me a repeat customer.

"..close to 200 HP."

Why do you want less than what we have now?

Sorry for the typo Pacbreak gt. Should read 300 HP/Ft lbs torque.

I think that 30-50 extra HP combined with a 6MT could make a BIG difference in car that already is so fun. It would make the car a unique, great performer. A small HP increase, 6MT, and all the STI parts, plus great audio system would create a cult classic.

For the only kind of driving that matters, this car has plenty of power. Only thing the LGT lacks off the floor is wheels-rubber/brakes/suspension/gearing.

give it the equivalent of all the wrx sti bits, whether you include the power or not, you're ready to hit the canyons.

I agree that the Legacy needs all of those things mentioned, but I think that when people see a performance version of a car, and lets face it, the STi is just that, they want a power boost from the factory to go along with the suspension/brake/etc. goodies.

how can legacy owners rip on this beautiful car? I dont understand.. thats the most sexy 4 door sedan I've seen in a while other than the white wrx STI my dealer has in their showroom.

If I had more money than sense I'd get the bumpers, fenders, grill headlights taillights and exhaust tips and make my car look like that.. sure it wouldn't have more power, call me a "ricer" if you want to but whats important in the exterior looks of your car is that you enjoy the walk to it in parking lots... and the reaction other people get from it.

280hp is GREAT for a car this size with a motor that size and could EASILY keep away from large chevy trucks.. if not, all you have to do is top 96mph and their speed governor will kick in and you've still got a good 30mph to get ahead (but I'm not condoning excessive speeding or racing of any kind)

the legacy is the perfect car! AWD, 4cyl, sporty, yet still able to haul families on vacations and daily driven to work and back, and priced under 35k, stick that in your camry and smoke it :p

cant wait to see some unglorified pictures, I'm sure I'll still like it but the cars done up like a supermodel ya know? airbrushed :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Sorry for the typo Pacbreak gt. Should read 300 HP/Ft lbs torque.

I think that 30-50 extra HP combined with a 6MT could make a BIG difference in car that already is so fun. It would make the car a unique, great performer. A small HP increase, 6MT, and all the STI parts, plus great audio system would create a cult classic.

Gotcha. I would definitely be in the market for the car you discribe.

I agree that the Legacy needs all of those things mentioned, but I think that when people see a performance version of a car, and lets face it, the STi is just that, they want a power boost from the factory to go along with the suspension/brake/etc. goodies.

I guess what I'm getting at is that my barebones 5mt LGT has plenty of oomph as it is for 2nd-3rd gear 4-6krpm romps through the canyons-- my favorite kind of driving. Not interested in sliding around ovals, buzzing cones, pointing it in a straight line, or racing other guys from light to light. just 20-70 mph in 2nd and 3rd gear with some tasty curves and nice scenery, and as far as I'm concerned, it just doesn't get any better than that. I understand your point, and at the end of the day, there's almost no such thing as too much horsepower/torque in an AWD sport sedan, but bang for the buck-wise, gimmee all the other bits first, and then if I wanna spend the extra coin, I'll spring for the hp/torque. I think Subaru's approach is right on the money (haven't checked all the specs on this one yet), as long as it's got the Brembo reds and all the lateral stiffeners and tight coilovers, that's enough for me at a $35K pricepoint, especially with all the nicer interior bits. Let's hope they bring it here, although I'm holding out for '09-'10.

One thing we must remember is that if and only if it does come here it will probably be made/assembled here too. All Subarus in the US with the exception of the Impreza chassis cars e.g. the forester and the imrpreza itself are made here. It helps to keep the price down while staying competetive.

When I saw the pics, to quote George Castanza, "something moved." :lol:

But like previously mentioned this is merely a facelifted car and really not worth getting worked up over.

Give me the McIntosh, seats, and grille (which will hopefully work with a jdm '06 2.0gt spec.b bumper). Oh and the STi badge for the ricer in me... :)

When I saw the pics, to quote George Castanza, "something moved." :lol:

But like previously mentioned this is merely a facelifted car and really not worth getting worked up over.

Give me the McIntosh, seats, and grille (which will hopefully work with a jdm '06 2.0gt spec.b bumper). Oh and the STi badge for the ricer in me... :)

I'm checking on this grill working with the JDM Spec -b grill with my connections in Japan. At this time I it has not been tried so no one is saying that it will work.

My Spec-b bumper is in tomorrow and I am holding off install until I know if the new grill will work (I've seen them on Japan Yahoo for $150.00).

+1000000000000000000000000000000

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

After driving my car with the STI Conversion and a 5 spd and my brothers STI 6sp tuned to 385 whp I have to say I like the 5 spd transmission (of course I like the 385 whp better).

The 6spd + mods means the power is ON or OFF... no in between (it's like driving a go cart). The 5spd allows you to have more of a daily driver and has the power waiting for you when you are ready.

I'm checking on this grill working with the JDM Spec -b grill with my connections in Japan. At this time I it has not been tried so no one is saying that it will work.

My Spec-b bumper is in tomorrow and I am holding off install until I know if the new grill will work (I've seen them on Japan Yahoo for $150.00).

[napoleon] Lucky! [/napoleon]

It looks like it should work from the very limited pics that we have. I think it would look extra piiimp with the '06 jdm spec-b bumper too. Good thing youre in Alaska so we can both have similar looking cars and never run into each other! :lol:

Does the legacy tuned by sti have any more hp than the normal legacy. It seems like its suspension, brakes, and cosmetic touches. Don't get me wrong i do love it, but is there any more hp :)

One thing we must remember is that if and only if it does come here it will probably be made/assembled here too. All Subarus in the US with the exception of the Impreza chassis cars e.g. the forester and the imrpreza itself are made here. It helps to keep the price down while staying competetive.

And there-in could be THE rub... that STIs are assembled in Japan. I know of no STI product (for U.S. domestic consumption, or any other market either) that is assembled outside of Japan. Unless SOA figures out a way to incorporate STI technology, parts and products into a U.S.-assembled/sold product, and not violate Subaru's agreements with STI - which is wholly owned by FHI, Ltd, then this could be THE showstopper for us.

Other's prognostications about a Legacy STI coming in 2008 notwithstanding, I literally think that the Spec B is as close as we're going to get. I want an STI Forester, didn't/isn't happening. Definitely want a 6MT 300 Hp/Tq Legacy STI wagon (and am willing to pay $35-$40K for it), but don't see this happening either. Everything about the car as engineered/augmented by STI is exactly what I'm looking for in the replacement for my existing 5MT LGT Wagon. If this sounds like buzzkill, then I've said it wrong. I'm just trying to manage my own expectations and will be both overwhelmed and overjoyed if SOA gets their act together and brings this wagon. In fact, I'm waiting with my checkbook right now to put a 50% deposit on it when/if it materializes.

SOA bring the wagon in 6MT form, with STI-enhanced engine power band, suspension, brakes, and bodied form and you'll definitely have a repeat customer. And while you at it, do the same for the Tribeca too. Then you'd really cut into the BMW 3 series and X5 market.

FWIW - Unless something has changed this year (and a check of the VINs at the dealers all start with JF so I don't think so) all Impreza wagon and sedan models (2.5i, WRX, STI) and all Foresters are still assembled in Japan

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Does the legacy tuned by sti have any more hp than the normal legacy. It seems like its suspension, brakes, and cosmetic touches. Don't get me wrong i do love it, but is there any more hp :)

No. Same engine and ECU = same HP & torque.

This Space For Rent

From NASIOC - 2006 Legacy tuned by STI (JDM), pages 5 and 6...

US MY '08 Legacy will have bumpers just like the JDM MY '07

...the 5mph bumpers were designed into the refresh. The JDM model received the short end of the stick so to speak. Their bumpers are longer than before the refresh... ours will be shorter than they are now.
-ben

Archived