LegacyGT.com

2007 JDM Legacy tuned by STI

chenc544

The mantra that NorAm is "not getting it" is really getting old and a waste of energy to swim upstream against. We, the idiot fringe that would instantly put money on a Sti/6MT/wagon with more HP are stuck in our own blind canyon. Our desire is not supported by sales numbers a BP or internal Subaru partner contracts etc.

If you are not a sedan spec B fan, stop thinking about Subaru Legacy. I love my LegGT/MT wagon and in about 15k more miles, it is very likely that Subaru will NOT have a wagon that will make me a repeat customer.

Wake up, how many times in how many ways does SOA need to say NO to LegGT sport wagon enthusiasts? No MT, No more HP, No Sti, No McIntosh, No, No, No.

My 05/LegGT/MT wagon is so good that I will check back with Subaru before making my next purchase, but while Subaru is saying NO, other manufacturers are upping the bar and offering some very interesting options.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...My 05/LegGT/MT wagon is so good that I will check back with Subaru before making my next purchase, but while Subaru is saying NO, other manufacturers are upping the bar and offering some very interesting options.

:( +1...regretably, my next may be an Audi. Wagon line-up with big HP!

...We, the idiot fringe that would instantly put money on a Sti/6MT/wagon with more HP are stuck in our own blind canyon...

I'm thinkin' Porsche 911 Turbo...has everything my LGT doesn't have, 'cept the two back doors and the trunk. Anybody got an extra $80K lyin' around you don't need?? I'll take it off your hands and put it to good use. :icon_bigg

True that Audi has a horrible reliability and service record, but it is not the only option. The new Acura RDX and Toyota products are getting very interesting and hit right between the LegGT and Outback on the Sport/Utility scale. BTW, 250 is no longer a big deal.

If you are very price restricted, Subaru may be your only AWD option, but if you have any price flexibility, There is a growing list of more interesting options. Anyone that is very price restricted, would not be able to buy a Leg/sti anyway. Potential Leg/sti customers have new Acura RDX, Toyota/s, new Land Rover LR2, Infiniti and BMW as options.

Even with options, I would buy a Leg/Sti/wagon/290+ HP, if it was offered, but SOA has said NO many times in many ways.

GT-silverspoiler, you may see me driving around Sierra Madre, San Marino, Pasadena in my silver GT wagon. Get it back from body shop today with new tailgate and bumber. I have no rear name badges and 18 inch prodrives on my car. see you around

Good luck with Service!!!!:lol::icon_conf:lol:

Might as well buy a used boat while you're at it!

J

for the 3 to 5 years that I might have the car, I seriously doubt that any serious issues would arise. I have some audi connections through Zumbach in NYC (my buddy owns the stealership). And really, I'm still hoping that SOA has a rep checking threads on here, so that I might be able to get a 5MT wagon here in the US when I'm ready to trade-up!

for the 3 to 5 years that I might have the car, I seriously doubt that any serious issues would arise. I have some audi connections through Zumbach in NYC (my buddy owns the stealership).

You'll need it...right about year four to be exact!

Confidence and preparation is the key to success?

Enjoy!

Axis008, are you saying that the Legacy Wagon, in all forms is going to be dropped and Legacy will be sedan only?

Regardless, it is another indicator that the non-business significant group of us looking for a "Legacy Sport Wagon" are getting a big NO from Subaru.

Maybe Subaru plans a mega outback on steroids or maybe the pig nose Tribeca is their focus?

Axis008, are you saying that the Legacy Wagon, in all forms is going to be dropped and Legacy will be sedan only?

Regardless, it is another indicator that the non-business significant group of us looking for a "Legacy Sport Wagon" are getting a big NO from Subaru.

According to this thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/subaru-news-rumors/34513-new-08-legacy-pics.html, post #385 by Jon in [CT], who is just the messenger, that is correct. No Legacy wagon, only in Outback form. No Outback sedan, only in Legacy form.

-ben

According to this thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/subaru-news-rumors/34513-new-08-legacy-pics.html, post #385 by Jon in [CT], who is just the messenger, that is correct. No Legacy wagon, only in Outback form. No Outback sedan, only in Legacy form.

Yep, I saw that thread too - The words used by the source: "No overlapping body styles between Outback and Legacy anymore."

In response to earlier comments on Impreza-based models being Japan-sourced, that will change in '08. Impreza production for North America will be in SIA starting then. That news was announced almost a year ago (or at least six months ago).

Yep, I saw that thread too - The words used by the source: "No overlapping body styles between Outback and Legacy anymore."

In response to earlier comments on Impreza-based models being Japan-sourced, that will change in '08. Impreza production for North America will be in SIA starting then. That news was announced almost a year ago (or at least six months ago).

I'm not sure the production capacity is there in SIA unless Isuzu unloads their chunk of that.

And I'm not sure the Japanese market will stand for no Legacy Sport Wagon as I understand those units outsell the sedans by a significant margin. If they get it, we'll get it. It doesn't make sense for the JDM to have the BP if the USDM won't. Too much tooling for the production rates involved.

But who knows, maybe Toyota is starting to exert their influence too, only more subtly (as I would expect from Toyota) than GM did.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm not sure the production capacity is there in SIA unless Isuzu unloads their chunk of that.

And I'm not sure the Japanese market will stand for no Legacy Sport Wagon as I understand those units outsell the sedans by a significant margin. If they get it, we'll get it. It doesn't make sense for the JDM to have the BP if the USDM won't. Too much tooling for the production rates involved.

But who knows, maybe Toyota is starting to exert their influence too, only more subtly (as I would expect from Toyota) than GM did.

SBT

Isuzu already unloaded their chunk of SIA. It's no longer called Subaru-Isuzu Automotive, now it's Subaru of Indiana Automotive. Toyota will be filling the former Isuzu space.

I haven't been able to find the article talking about the '08 Imprezas being made there. That news might have been before the JV with Toyota materialized, and may have been cancelled.

If I find it, I'll post it.

I think it really makes sense for Legacy to be "sedan" and Outback to be "wagon". As soon as we heard that the wagon MT was dropped and the non-Ltd GT was dropped, I posted the idea of giving up on two wagon lines.

This "could" be a really good thing for more than the bean counters. Being optimistic, the Legacy sedan lovers will likely get their Sti. The Japanese market and world wagon lovers could be satisfied with variations of Outback.

The basic bargin outback would do just fine for all the non-turbo, low-cost buyers that have only budget and right brain approach to generic wagon. Keep the high end Outback in LLBean or rugged FJ like Trim for the Lux/DirtRoad buyers. To satisfy the Japanese market and world sportwagon market, give us an Outback that is slightly lower, sans body clad, more road sport turbo model in current GT trim and our dream Sti wagon version. Three levels of outback in five trim levels is still less than Outback trim levels today.

This could be a good thing for the SOA/SOJ finance guys and their customers. Less could deliver more personality and less vague overlap.

I did start this fantasy by saying let's be optimistic. :lol:

I'll say it again, if this ends up being correct, and the Legacy wagon is dissappearing, it will be a mistake.

One step forward, two steps back, yet again. Maybe not everyone wants a tall wagon? DaYaThink?

Why not just offer two cars. That'll cut costs...

A gray legacy sedan, and a beige Outback wagon. No options, no choices, no haggle, no ifs ands or buts. Like it or lump it.

If this does happen, I wonder how common suspension swaps will become common on outbacks to bring the ride height back down, and tighten up the car.

"IwannaSportSedan" your user name says it all. This should work for you. Better chance of getting Sti Legacy Sedan.

I agree that everyone does not want a high rider. My last post did spec a lower (not as low as current LegGT) stance for the sport version of the Outback. I understand that lower is always better for sport handling, but a bit taller than currnet LegGT with all the Sti suspension bits, 290+ HP, 6/MT or improved faster shifting paddle shifter would still be an awesome sport wagon.

I think the off paved road, snow country crowd would love a Toyota FJ inspired Outback with 290 HP and attitude. The econo Outback and LLBean version can always be there for the historic Outback buyer.

Archived