LegacyGT.com

2007 JDM Legacy tuned by STI

chenc544

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VhJVGgd7JI]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame] MUST SEE!!!!!!!

Dont know if anyone have posted this video, but this is a race in Japan with the new Legacy STI

Subaru Legacy STI [Driver:Seiji Ara] [Track time:1'09"574]

vs

Jaguar S-Type R [Driver: Daisuke Ito] [Track time:1'11"100]

vs

IMPUL FUGA 650SE (Infiniti M45)[Driver:Kazuyoshi Hoshino] [Track time:1'12"261]

vs

TOM's F070M Celsior GT (Lexsus LS450)[Driver:Keiichi Tsuchiya] [Track time:1'13"064]

Keiichi Tsuchiya is drift king, one of my favourite driver. but he end up at the last place because the lexsus LS450 is just too heavy and was build for smooth driving, not really for track. Anyways, L-STI passed the Jaguar and the Celsior, and was riding on the M45's ass, but there was no time left to pass him.

My buddy has a japanese video of a JDM legacy(looks like the USDM 05) racing against the toyota atlas turbo/awd, vs volvo turbo awd(dont remember model#), vs Legacy 2.5GT wagon AT, vs Audi RS4(?) wagon twin turbo/awd<-over 400hp.

LGT 1st

Audi 2nd

LGT wagon 3rd and riding on Audi's ass. 2 cars behind is the Atlas, and about half track behind is the volvo.

I found the following from a news article...

How much? The "tuned by STi" B4 sedan is the equivalent of $34,515 while the Touring Wagon is $35,699.

How in the hell then is the sticker on our Spec b priced at $34,999 at the Subaru website? The STi tuned version is a Spec B with additional goodies.

I found the following from a news article...

How much? The "tuned by STi" B4 sedan is the equivalent of $34,515 while the Touring Wagon is $35,699.

How in the hell then is the sticker on our Spec b priced at $34,999 at the Subaru website? The STi tuned version is a Spec B with additional goodies.

They really should offer the Spec B and the LSTI as two different trim levels for the same price. That way we can either go luxo with sunroof, navi, and leather, or go performance with no sunroof, no navi, and cloth w/ alcantara inserts.

Leave the Spec B with the turbo H4, but put the turbo H6 in the LSTI (I'm sure they would bump the price for including the H6).

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I'm bracing myself for some critics....

I know I've been away for several months. After I went stage 2 (300 HP and several hundred foot pounds of torque) I went missing in action!

I've put nearly 30k on my Spec B in the first year and it is by far the best car I've ever owned. I couldn't exactly read all 15 pages to catch up to this thread so I have a few questions.

Where is the pic of the lighted cup holders?

Are you guys talking about the japanese brochures someone posted recently?

I can't read those!

Same for telescoping steering wheel?

Do the new Legacy models have folding side mirrors now?

I thought I heard that somewhere!!!

Does everyone realize the Legacy STI has a 2.0.

What is the HP rating for that?

I think it is confusing to have Spec B and STI Legacy.

Don't wait for the Legacy STI!

Go out and buy up all the Spec B models.

If they dont' sell well they will not bring over the STI.

From my VERY quick observation (here is where I brace for your comments), isn't the STI Legacy just a Spec B with a body kit?

It isn't any faster or sportier...

It is actually heavier... it has a rear window wiper.. do we really need that?

I wish the spec b would get some power... the 6spdMT was a nice addition this year but they could have done more.

I like the color too. But it isn't different enough from the 06 to make me go out and swap...which is good... I've already spent too much on the car and I'm not getting my money back.

Even with the aux input... I can't see changing out the 06 for the 07.

SOA will not be able to support the legacy with 3 totally different models plus wagon with similar models.

That is 6 different legacy vehicles. TOO MANY

Legacy Specb/STI not sure how they would define the two.

What is the difference between spec b JDM and Legacy STI?

again... is it just the body kit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VhJVGgd7JI MUST SEE!!!!!!!

Dont know if anyone have posted this video, but this is a race in Japan with the new Legacy STI

Subaru Legacy STI [Driver:Seiji Ara] [Track time:1'09"574]

vs

Jaguar S-Type R [Driver: Daisuke Ito] [Track time:1'11"100]

vs

IMPUL FUGA 650SE (Infiniti M45)[Driver:Kazuyoshi Hoshino] [Track time:1'12"261]

vs

TOM's F070M Celsior GT (Lexsus LS450)[Driver:Keiichi Tsuchiya] [Track time:1'13"064]

Keiichi Tsuchiya is drift king, one of my favourite driver. but he end up at the last place because the lexsus LS450 is just too heavy and was build for smooth driving, not really for track. Anyways, L-STI passed the Jaguar and the Celsior, and was riding on the M45's ass, but there was no time left to pass him.

My buddy has a japanese video of a JDM legacy(looks like the USDM 05) racing against the toyota atlas turbo/awd, vs volvo turbo awd(dont remember model#), vs Legacy 2.5GT wagon AT, vs Audi RS4(?) wagon twin turbo/awd<-over 400hp.

LGT 1st

Audi 2nd

LGT wagon 3rd and riding on Audi's ass. 2 cars behind is the Atlas, and about half track behind is the volvo.

Nice- the legacy ran the quickest lap @1:10

As for the Legacy, Subaru offers a limited-edition STI-tuned model for a substantial premium in Japan (more on that in a future issue) and could easily upgrade that program to full Legacy STI production.

"Everybody tells us about how they want it [a Legacy STI]," said Ishitobi. "It is on our wish list."

Everybody also said that they want that in a 6MT station wagon, too. No, wait-- those were just the voices in my head.

Do you guys watch Subie ads? As long as they see the Legacy as a AWD Camry or Accord we're out of luck. I didn't buy mine as a Camry alt, I bought it as a IS350, TL alt. SOA sent me a survey asking about dealer service, to ensure my repeat business! It ain't the service guys it's the product. Give me more options not fewer. I want an LSTI but I expect to keep my 05 GT-LTD a long time.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

Do you guys watch Subie ads? As long as they see the Legacy as a AWD Camry or Accord we're out of luck. I didn't buy mine as a Camry alt, I bought it as a IS350, TL alt. SOA sent me a survey asking about dealer service, to ensure my repeat business! It ain't the service guys it's the product. Give me more options not fewer. I want an LSTI but I expect to keep my 05 GT-LTD a long time.

I confess I don't watch much TV, but the only Subaru ad I remember seeing was the one with all the other cars driving around with either their front end or back in up in the air.

You're right, Subaru wants to move upscale, yet they still compare themselves to downscale cars - it doesn't make sense. It's like they don't have a clear brand identity yet.

The main reason I bought my Legacy was because I loved the performance image of the Impreza (WRC & the Brit Imprezas (22B, etc.)) but wanted a bigger car. I bought my '98 LGT Limited because I was at a local dealer and drove the Impreza and Legacy one after the other (I was leaning towards the 2.5RS at first). To me there was no comparison - the Legacy rode nicer, had more room, and the interior quality was worlds better. That sealed the deal for me.

That's why I'm rooting for the Legacy STI - I'd much rather start with a Legacy platform and add the performance of the Impreza STI than start with an Impreza STI and try to add the feel of a Legacy. Also, I like the stealth-performance niche of the Legacy. No huge, overt hood scoop and spoiler, just a subtle scoop giving a hint at what's underneath that hood.

Bring us the Legacy STI (or else boost the HP and torque of the SpecB)!

Cobb AP + TDC Stg1 map?

Hmm, good point. Ok, let me restate:

Put a turbo H6 in it and I'll buy it!

The way I see it: any LGT owner can also buy the AccessPort, and thus negate the advantage. I want something that's more unique and more powerful.

If the LSTI doesn't come, I'll end up buying a Spec B anyway, but I would prefer an LSTI.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, good point. Ok, let me restate:

Put a turbo H6 in it and I'll buy it!

The way I see it: any LGT owner can also buy the AccessPort, and thus negate the advantage. I want something that's more unique and more powerful.

If the LSTI doesn't come, I'll end up buying a Spec B anyway, but I would prefer an LSTI.

My sentiments exactly!

My first post and I write a book.....

The wife's FXT 5spd lease is up in November of 07 and she's gonna want to test out the G35X, the 325Xi and perhaps others in that price range. She loves driving my car (05 Imp STi) but she'd rather her own car to have a more subdued wrapper around it. She claims to be spoiled by the sheer power of the FXT and doesn't want to give up the performance of her current ride. I told her the LGT is the only way to fly, but she wants to give the competition a fair look. I'm of course pushing for the LGT.

I stepped her 'up' from an SUV (98 Rodeo) into the Forester Turbo and she absolutely loves it. Has no problem "defending the honor of her hot little red wagon" as she calls it. Next time, she wants a car though and an LSTI appeals to her (and me!). I know that if I can swing the Spec B pmts along with the Impreza's payments, (I'm not giving up my winged-rocket just yet) we'll get one. If the a Legacy STI is available I might consider a bank-heist to get one....C'mon SOA help me slam dunk the upcoming test competition with an STI model for 08!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived