LegacyGT.com

'07 Spec. B price released in nasioc.

eqt2010

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Documentation... is the Nasioc poster just someone in the know?

it seems like the person is referring to something, but doesn't list the source... something about a base Legacy wagon with steel wheels...

The spec B pricing isn't bad, and I would be more in line with paying that for the equipment that it gives, rather than the 36k that a recent preview article surmised.

It would be a sale, if there were just a COLOR CHOICE, since I don't like gray. They NEED to offer that car in Newport Blue and Obsidian Black, at least, if not white and silver, as well.

Newport blue with black and blue interior, 6MT, bilsteins, 18"s, torsen, folding seats, aux in, memory seats... I would be more inclined to push the budget for that car. Gray, not so much...

It is intensely frustrating because it would be so EASY for SOA to open the color palette on the spec b to all five of the GT's colors. It is supposed to be regular production now, and all...

Most golf carts come in a wider range of colors than the Legacy, let alone just one bland color.

Nice to see a MSRP drop on the rest of the line of 07s from 06. That will make a Newport Blue GT a bit more attractive, aside from it's taupe interior.

Anybody really want an 07 Spec B with a taupe interior instead?... I'd trade!

it seems like the person is referring to something, but doesn't list the source... something about a base Legacy wagon with steel wheels...

quote]

LOL!

Okay...

Well, its a press release like any other. Its a Subarunet news bulliteen, no big deal.

Spec B suggested retail price before options: $33,995. Delivery charge, $625. Total suggested retail w/ delivery: $34,620.

What else do you want to know?

FYI - I stopped by the Subaru dealer near my work in Lancaster, PA, they have 2 '07s on the lot. A SE and a 2.5i LTD. The MSRP for the 2.5 was @ $22.5K, while the LTD (in the New Urban Gray color) was going for a tad under $27K...

Furthermore, I spoke to the sales manager, he said no 07 GTs were allocated for them for the month of July or August. He's shooting for September at the earliest. I hope good things come to those who wait :)...

There's options for a spec.b? :icon_conf

Yes...options.

• Spoiler
  • Armrest extension
  • Auto-dimming mirror w/compass
  • Auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink
  • Upgraded Security
  • etc...etc...

All dealer installed options. But options all the same.

There's options for a spec.b? :icon_conf

curious about that as well.

does it already come with the sub/amp?

air filter?

upgraded security?

Does the 6MT come with the short shifter already?

question is, does the Spec.B keep the 'Cold Weather' package (wiper de-icer, heated seats and sideview mirrors)?

I could assume that one of the options would be the compass/autodim mirror.

Pricing is cool (considering it stayed the same with more cowbells and whistles), and since they're not a limited run, it'll be better for comparing dealerships that have them.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Thanks for answering the source question. Kostamojen. I figured it was posted somewhere...

Gator, I would think that the USDM Spec B would have identical standard features, plus some, as the GT. Considering how much SOA loves consolidation to only one specification. :( I can't imagine heated windsheild, mirrors, seats, etc. would be going anywhere. Rumor had it that the seats would have cooling, in addition to heating, but unfortunately, that seems unsubstantiated. But they do have memory settings, which the GT doesn't. :mad:

The dealer/port options for the GT should be the same as the GT, as mentioned, the autodimming compass mirror, homelink, security shock sensor, subwoofer, rear reading lamps, etc. Unfortunately not the STI guage package, as it has NAV standard.

I wonder if the rear spoiler option will be the 05-06 wing spoiler, or the rumored availability of the heretofore JDM-only STI Lip spoiler.

so canucks will b payin more then the price of a canadian sti or less?

how much is an STI in the states??

i think us canucks whud import our spec b's from the states... whats the exchange rate at the moment?

lol

Thanks for answering the source question. Kostamojen. I figured it was posted somewhere...

Gator, I would think that the USDM Spec B would have identical standard features, plus some, as the GT. Considering how much SOA loves consolidation to only one specification. :( I can't imagine heated windsheild, mirrors, seats, etc. would be going anywhere. Rumor had it that the seats would have cooling, in addition to heating, but unfortunately, that seems unsubstantiated. But they do have memory settings, which the GT doesn't. :mad:

The dealer/port options for the GT should be the same as the GT, as mentioned, the autodimming compass mirror, homelink, security shock sensor, subwoofer, standard.rear reading lamps, etc. Unfortunately not the STI guage package, as it has NAV

I wonder if the rear spoiler option will be the 05-06 wing spoiler, or the rumored availability of the heretofore JDM-only STI Lip spoiler.

What are you even talking about. Gauge pack? So you can what? Know your boost, for a car you don't have? Get behind the wheel, drive the car the way it was built to be driven and enjoy it. The current GT is an awesome valve, the 06 Spec B is for people who want added valuve for financing mods, the 07 is the closest to a LGT STI we will get, everything except the power mods. If you reply compairing MSRPs then do more research

Yes, it's very easy to make things in different colors, that is not the issue. The issue is inventory management (re: cost) on a product that has a very low production number comparatively. When they sell more spec B's, they'll add more options.

The spec B pricing isn't bad, and I would be more in line with paying that for the equipment that it gives, rather than the 36k that a recent preview article surmised.

It would be a sale, if there were just a COLOR CHOICE, since I don't like gray. They NEED to offer that car in Newport Blue and Obsidian Black, at least, if not white and silver, as well.

Newport blue with black and blue interior, 6MT, bilsteins, 18"s, torsen, folding seats, aux in, memory seats... I would be more inclined to push the budget for that car. Gray, not so much...

It is intensely frustrating because it would be so EASY for SOA to open the color palette on the spec b to all five of the GT's colors. It is supposed to be regular production now, and all...

Most golf carts come in a wider range of colors than the Legacy, let alone just one bland color.

Nice to see a MSRP drop on the rest of the line of 07s from 06. That will make a Newport Blue GT a bit more attractive, aside from it's taupe interior.

Anybody really want an 07 Spec B with a taupe interior instead?... I'd trade!

Inventory management (re: cost)??? So maybe they are calculating that there will be demand for around 1000 spec B's. So just start off making 100 of each color (total 500) and see what color is selling the best after a few months and make more of those colors. My gosh, if Subaru is so strapped they can't afford to offer a car in more than 1 color they might as well hang it up. Sure, I'd rather have a bunch of performance goodies from the factory at the expense of less choice on non-performance features but 1 color is a little ridiculous.

']Joe Spitz has updated his web site with all the 2007 Legacy prices (both MSRP and invoice) and options.

2007 Subaru Legacy Research Page: 2.5i, Special Edition SE, GT Limited, GT spec.B turbo

Thanks for the info Jon.

Fearless prediction: Spec B's will be selling at under invoice within 6 weeks of their introduction.

Archived