LegacyGT.com

'07 Spec. B price released in nasioc.

eqt2010

Oh, and I also saw some info on the 2008 models... They will debut at NAIS in January and will go on sale in July. (Imprezas wont be unveiled for the US until the NYC auto show, and wont go on sale until August!!! 2008 STI's wont even be sold until 2008)

Does this mean '08 Legacys will not be the JDM '07s?

-ben

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay for the confusion on Limited/not limited; heres the answer. It is a low production run. Its not limited like the 06s were in that you get a plaque and there is a fus about it. But its not going to be high production model like the LGT. It will be a low volume run because the 06s didn't sell so well for obvious reasons.

That price looks a lot better especially with the 6spd, VDC, and I want to say it has a front diff now. Either way its less than the 06 for more stuff so its okay in my book. If it were gonna have a power bump, I might have considered waiting and getting one of them.

um, no. I'd like to think that since it is the premier Legacy (we get) that it'd have it already...but if not, then I'll throw the dice for it....or try to swindle it into the car at purchase time.

Either way, I'll be rowing shorter throws. :lol:

I am sure they will offer it as an option to make more cash.

To all the people complaining about the single color choice of the Spec.B...

Yes, it would be nice to have it available in other colors, but it's not like releasing a "limited" run of cars in a unique color/option package is without precedent for a Japanese company. For many years, Mazda did it with "M" Edition Miatas and other limited-run cars. Not a single "M" Edition (not to be confused with the last-generation Mazdaspeed Miata) ever had more power than a standard Miata, but each one had: Unique color/interior package, Unique wheel/tire package, and standard features that were either options or unavailable in other Miatas. Sound familiar? I'll grant you that we're talking about a completely different type of car, but Miata "M" Editions are highly collectable, and to this day retain higher resale values than the regular model from the same year.

Honda did it too, with the Integra Type R. They only came in one or two colors, ever. Same with the Civic Si (gah, I hate both those cars, so overrated).

Thankfully, I like the exterior/interior of the spec.B. I just want more power, but Cobb will take care of that for me (after they figure out what they're doing with the SI-Drive).

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

According to the Joe Spitz website you can't get a sub/amp with navigation.

IMO That's really really lame

curious about that as well.

does it already come with the sub/amp?

air filter?

upgraded security?

Does the 6MT come with the short shifter already?

question is, does the Spec.B keep the 'Cold Weather' package (wiper de-icer, heated seats and sideview mirrors)?

I could assume that one of the options would be the compass/autodim mirror.

Pricing is cool (considering it stayed the same with more cowbells and whistles), and since they're not a limited run, it'll be better for comparing dealerships that have them.

Okay for the confusion on Limited/not limited; heres the answer. It is a low production run. Its not limited like the 06s were in that you get a plaque and there is a fus about it. But its not going to be high production model like the LGT. It will be a low volume run because the 06s didn't sell so well for obvious reasons.

That price looks a lot better especially with the 6spd, VDC, and I want to say it has a front diff now. Either way its less than the 06 for more stuff so its okay in my book. If it were gonna have a power bump, I might have considered waiting and getting one of them.

A. wheres your information coming from on the limited/unlimited production run? proof please.

B. Where did you see that the 6MT is coming with a front diff? I'm assuming that since they haven't specifically mentioned that it is getting one, that it won't have one. It is a 6MT DERIVED from the STI....and I don't think they are speaking in terms that some of the gearing is the only thing that changed.

IF the spec.B came with a front LSD from Subaru...holy crap....I'd be sleeping at the doorstoop of a respectable Subaru dealership waiting for those puppies to come in. But I doubt it, therefore, its back to my comfy bed.

Right now, I think the power level is fine. I'm coming from lowly non-turbo'd cars/trucks and would like to get used to it (won't take long....I've had plenty of test rides in STIs and LGTs lately :icon_bigg ) but I think once someone properly cracks that SI drive, hoo-doggy, that'll be the toy to have!! Pour some power on and select the map you want when you want with a twist of the 'Power Knob' :lol:

anderson,

yeah, I'll still get it....maybe install it myself....I dont' put a $ amount to my time, so that won't bother me...besides, I'm Kartboying the bushings for the shifter anyway, so some nuts and bolts have to come apart anyhow. :icon_mrgr

rally,

that is lame-o....NAV = no amp/sub. Well, if thats the case, I just saved a couple hundred bucks. Thanks Subaru! :icon_bigg I survived w/o it on my 98...I can do w/o here too!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Maybe... I might have too much time. Oh, well. :icon_neut

It ISN'T that they didn't cater to me. THEY DON'T CATER TO ANYONE! It is subaru's way or the highway on something as simple as paint or interior color. They have the paint in the assembly line, and they have the interior parts in both taupe and black.

It isn't as if I am asking for my initials monogram embroidered on the seats...

Just a freaking paint or interior color choice! It is like SOA is the quarterback kneeling on the football half a yard before the goal line, with no defenders around, rather than just getting the touch down, and winning the game.

I have exhaustively looked at MANY other cars. None others have the fundamentals and value that the Legacy GT does.

The basics are there in SPADES, with a detail, but a significant detail, out of place.

It is like Bob Ross. A beautiful landscape painting... everything is great... then, he paints a big dead tree in the middle of the thing, and ruins it.

If the Legacy weren't such a GREAT car, and Subaru a company with such potential, I would be writing them off my list. I only get frustrated because of the "So Near, yet So FAR" effect.

Reading your comments in this thread is entertaining. :lol: If you've ever shopped for a car before, you know that manufacturers don't just give you a color palette and say, "Please sir, tell us what you'd like." If color is the only reason you're not buying a Subaru, then yes, SOA will continue to ignore you. SOA knows their market, it is exemplified in the NE and NW, and if you went to one of those locations, you'd see that there are MANY, MANY satisfied customers.

By the way, that gray color you despise so much is in the hue of colors that has been very successful in the luxury sport sedan segment; (see BMW, Mercedes, and Audi) a segment that Subaru is trying to work up to.

A. wheres your information coming from on the limited/unlimited production run? proof please.

B. Where did you see that the 6MT is coming with a front diff? I'm assuming that since they haven't specifically mentioned that it is getting one, that it won't have one. It is a 6MT DERIVED from the STI....and I don't think they are speaking in terms that some of the gearing is the only thing that changed.

Just go check Cars101... The guy that runs that site is in the know with subaru and if he says that the 07 spec B is going to be 3000 cars;a low production run, then I believe him.

I was mistaken about the front limited slip. Why they as of yet still don't come with one I don't know.

As for the power issue, well the LGT feels quick, but its not anywhere as brutally quick as the STI is. This is obviously mostly due to the different turbo and factory tune, but thats a matter of preference as to what you consider to be fast enough.

As far as the color palette goes, they could use a wider variety. Any high end luxury brand offers their cars in more than 5 colors most of which are varities of grey. They also use high quality paints. If Subaru wants into that market they need to play at the same level which means expanding their paint pallette and increasing the quality of the paints.

Reading your comments in this thread is entertaining. :lol: If you've ever shopped for a car before, you know that manufacturers don't just give you a color palette and say, "Please sir, tell us what you'd like."

Well, let's see...

Porsche gives me 17 exterior color options and 27 different combinations of colors and materials for the interior of a 911. Somehow I doubt that Porsche keeps 459 911s at each dealership so that they can show one of each possible combination of colors.

Lexus is somewhat more restrictive with the IS, but they still provide 10 exterior colors, and a choice of 3 interior colors for almost every exterior.

Audi also provides 10 exterior color options for the A4 as well as a choice of cloth or two different colored leather interiors.

Acura gives the TSX 9 exterior colors, and two interior color choices for all but one of the exterior colors.

Volvo has 8 exterior color choices for the S40 and lets you pick from two colors each of cloth and leather interiors.

I guarantee none of those manufacturers keep one of every possible combination of colors and options on their dealer lots - they allow people to order exactly the car they want, as Subaru should be doing. Instead, Subaru has left the 2007 Legacy GT with 5 color options, period.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

rally,

that is lame-o....NAV = no amp/sub. Well, if thats the case, I just saved a couple hundred bucks. Thanks Subaru! :icon_bigg I survived w/o it on my 98...I can do w/o here too!

The OEM sub and the DVD Nav system both mount under the driver's seat and there is not room for both of them there. The dealer will probably tell you that they won't install the sub, but I've seen people here who have mounted the sub under the passenger's seat. You can't use the mounting bracket that it comes with, but it can be held in place with just velcro strips.

The OEM sub and the DVD Nav system both mount under the driver's seat and there is not room for both of them there. The dealer will probably tell you that they won't install the sub, but I've seen people here who have mounted the sub under the passenger's seat. You can't use the mounting bracket that it comes with, but it can be held in place with just velcro strips.

Doh! Blimey....just when I thought I could have saved myself a couple hundred dollars! :lol:

...thanks for the info.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Well, let's see...

Porsche gives me 17 exterior color options and 27 different combinations of colors and materials for the interior of a 911. Somehow I doubt that Porsche keeps 459 911s at each dealership so that they can show one of each possible combination of colors.

Lexus is somewhat more restrictive with the IS, but they still provide 10 exterior colors, and a choice of 3 interior colors for almost every exterior.

Audi also provides 10 exterior color options for the A4 as well as a choice of cloth or two different colored leather interiors.

Acura gives the TSX 9 exterior colors, and two interior color choices for all but one of the exterior colors.

Volvo has 8 exterior color choices for the S40 and lets you pick from two colors each of cloth and leather interiors.

You listed all luxury brands, and some of them even charge extra for certain paint colors.

I do think subaru could use a couple more colors, but 10-15 per model is just too expensive for a smaller car company like Subaru.

You listed all luxury brands, and some of them even charge extra for certain paint colors.

Porsche is a little out there, but a lot of people consider the A4, TSX and S40 to be competition for the Legacy.

The real issue, in my opinion, is the lack of customizability. Subaru has a lot of the options people might want, but they make it difficult for people to actually get them!

I wanted a Spec B in GRP. No way to get it. I wanted a navigation system with a manual transmission. Only on the Spec B, which I can't get in my color! What if you want leather but no sunroof? Or sunroof but no leather? What about VDC? You're required to get a navigation system if you want VDC. Oh, and an automatic transmission too. (Unless you get the Spec B - which is again only in one color). Wagons with a MT? White car with black interior? The white paint exists...the black interior exists..... JUST LET PEOPLE ORDER IT IF THEY WANT IT!

There are plenty of options provided in other countries that we aren't offered here - HID headlights, bluetooth phone kit, useful double storage armrest extension, etc.

And then there are all the other little things - MP3 stereo, audio controls on the steering wheel, etc, which exist within the Legacy/Outback product lineup even in North America, but Subaru has not seen fit to provide them (even as options) for people driving certain models.

None of those things need to be made standard on the 'base' GT Limited - but they should all be options.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I do agree, I like customization...

SOA did have an announcement a few years ago saying they were going to minimize customization and make "packages" and fewer models to cut costs... This is the result.

Its a lot like what honda has done, make more things standard and less factory options. Thats kind of why im surprized to see the "base wagon" outback model back again, which has a lot less standard equipment on it, a bit like the old Britons from the 90's.

Porsche is a little out there, but a lot of people consider the A4, TSX and S40 to be competition for the Legacy.

The real issue, in my opinion, is the lack of customizability. Subaru has a lot of the options people might want, but they make it difficult for people to actually get them!

..... JUST LET PEOPLE ORDER IT IF THEY WANT IT!

There are plenty of options provided in other countries that we aren't offered here - HID headlights, bluetooth phone kit, useful double storage armrest extension, etc.

And then there are all the other little things - MP3 stereo, audio controls on the steering wheel, etc, which exist within the Legacy/Outback product lineup even in North America, but Subaru has not seen fit to provide them (even as options) for people driving certain models.

None of those things need to be made standard on the 'base' GT Limited - but they should all be options.

[Raises fist in "solidarity" gesture.]

It is so nice to have a couple other voices coming to bat here. I raise my voice over and over, and folks like Jon (in CT) lashes out at me for it. In a completely unrelated thread, no less.

Not that SOA should be competing with porsche's color availability... but it illustrates the point very well that *one* option, or even 5 very strict combinations are too sparse, compared to the competition.

And, BTW, EZ Rider... some people may just buy whatever new car happens to be on the lot. Not me. I will order what I want, which, IMHO, is the whole point of a new car. Otherwise, if people are just fine with being told what to like, then why not buy used, and save the money?

The choice for me is not so much Subaru vs Other brand, based on color. It is NEW Subaru vs. USED Subaru, based on my satisfaction.

Above ALL, you should take from my previous comments that the Subaru is the car I want the most, head and shoulders above pretty much all of it's competition.

I am not planning on buying a subaru based only on color., but on all of it's other merits. color is the ONLY significant drawback, certainly NOT the only consideration.

But rather I am frustrated that a REALLY easy decision to buy a new Subaru Legacy is being made more difficult by configuration restrictions from SOA, who doesn't seem concerned enough with it's customers to make it easy for us to pay them money.

Did you guys check out the Sti legacy video? It looked pretty sweet! I'm hoping by 2010 we'll get one over here. Too bad I can't speak japanese. Can somebody translate?

hey guys, what is going on in here? :iam:

A whole lot of waitin' around for the 07s to roll out!

edit: name callin'....:orly::lol:

Heh, I was gone for the weekend...

I don't work for Subaru, just giving their perspective. They can't compete with the lux brands listed for colors/options obviously, there's a reason Subarus cost much less than those mentioned when comparably appointed. Would I like to be able to walk into a dealership and say, "Hi, I want an LGT wagon with 6-speed, 17" wheels, red exterior, black interior, HIDs, and nav"? Yes, I would. But if I could do that, I may as well be looking at an A4 wagon, because that's what I'd be paying.

My point was, it's great that "enthusiasts" like ourselves can nit-pick SOA's pricing/trim strategy, but the fact is that we do not represent a majority of their buyers.

"It's better to please most people most of the time, than to please some people all of the time."

Archived