LegacyGT.com

'07 Spec. B price released in nasioc.

eqt2010

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dealer is telling me my SpecB is due in around Labor Day.

maybe because you ordered one? spec b's should be hitting dealer lots soon, mid Aug...

im guessing further away you are from Indiana, longer it'll take for new models to hit the lot

Probably has more to do with the buying power, sales record, and general attitude of the dealer.

Dealers that do more business with sportier subarus will probably get them first, because they probably ordered them or were allocated by the district SOA people sooner...

Can you turn the VDC off? That, and the fact that the Spec.B only comes with a sunroof, are the only thinngs that I really don't like about the car.

Personally I really don't like the idea of having an electronic killjoy in a fairly high performance sport sedan, especially if I were to take it autcrossing or to a track day. While ABS actually helps with lap times other electronic control devices on production cars are the bain of fast lap times.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Can you turn the VDC off? That, and the fact that the Spec.B only comes with a sunroof, are the only thinngs that I really don't like about the car.

Personally I really don't like the idea of having an electronic killjoy in a fairly high performance sport sedan, especially if I were to take it autcrossing or to a track day. While ABS actually helps with lap times other electronic control devices on production cars are the bain of fast lap times.

Couldn't you just unplug the module? Or will you get a total vehicle disabling effect for taking out the stability control?

Rallysquirrel, it looks to be a 0.4" rise in height. Thats got to be a result of the 18" wheel/tire package. That whole assembly is 1" taller than the LGT.

LGT = 215/45-R17

spec.B = 215/45-R18

same tire width and ratio....its just the larger diameter of the wheel thats changing the height.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Exactly.

I asked the same question 2 pages ago. Nada. Asked over on subaruoutback.org and the word is you can turn off VDC on the Outback VDC model. So I suspect you can turn it off on the Spec B.

Exactly.

I asked the same question 2 pages ago. Nada. Asked over on subaruoutback.org and the word is you can turn off VDC on the Outback VDC model. So I suspect you can turn it off on the Spec B.

Oops, sorry that I missed that post. Ok, so if you can turn VDC off, how much can you turn VDC off? I know that you can never completely turn "VDC-like" systems off in many other cars, and some even come back on after they've been turned off when they detect anything out side of their regular limits, so you can't ever really turn them off. F-in' legal twits. One of the reasons why I bought my LGT is because it doesn't have any electronic nannies or ninnies cutting engine power or applying the brakes when I least want them to.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

That's what I was figuring too. I guess the springs or struts absorb the other .1" (1" taller tire/2=.5". Then .5"-.4"ride height change=.1") or it's just due to rounding off.

Couldn't you just unplug the module? Or will you get a total vehicle disabling effect for taking out the stability control?

Rallysquirrel, it looks to be a 0.4" rise in height. Thats got to be a result of the 18" wheel/tire package. That whole assembly is 1" taller than the LGT.

LGT = 215/45-R17

spec.B = 215/45-R18

same tire width and ratio....its just the larger diameter of the wheel thats changing the height.

That's what I was figuring too. I guess the springs or struts absorb the other .1" (1" taller tire/2=.5". Then .5"-.4"ride height change=.1") or it's just due to rounding off.

Yup, what I thought, springs or rounding.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Anyone have an updates on those supposed "changes" for the Tribeca that people were suggesting power-wise? I have a friend who may be interested in one, but wasnt crazy about the power. If you cant tell me what the changes are, will they only be for 08 models, or could they be introduced in late 07 models??

Nothing has changed power wise for 07. The 08 info wont be out til next year.

No Documentation... is the Nasioc poster just someone in the know?

it seems like the person is referring to something, but doesn't list the source... something about a base Legacy wagon with steel wheels...

The spec B pricing isn't bad, and I would be more in line with paying that for the equipment that it gives, rather than the 36k that a recent preview article surmised.

It would be a sale, if there were just a COLOR CHOICE, since I don't like gray. They NEED to offer that car in Newport Blue and Obsidian Black, at least, if not white and silver, as well.

Newport blue with black and blue interior, 6MT, bilsteins, 18"s, torsen, folding seats, aux in, memory seats... I would be more inclined to push the budget for that car. Gray, not so much...

It is intensely frustrating because it would be so EASY for SOA to open the color palette on the spec b to all five of the GT's colors. It is supposed to be regular production now, and all...

Most golf carts come in a wider range of colors than the Legacy, let alone just one bland color.

Nice to see a MSRP drop on the rest of the line of 07s from 06. That will make a Newport Blue GT a bit more attractive, aside from it's taupe interior.

Anybody really want an 07 Spec B with a taupe interior instead?... I'd trade!

http://worldfootbag.com/magazine/vol-12-no-2/img/record.jpg

http://worldfootbag.com/magazine/vol-12-no-2/img/record.jpg

Nice joke. Would have been funnier three weeks ago, though. That is what I call a LATE comeback.

Besides, if someone brings it up enough, maybe SOA would DO something about it. But I doubt it. Oh, well. Their (financial) loss.

Thanks, I'll let my friend know. Still can't tell us about the 08 changes? :icon_bigg

I cant tell you anything cause there isnt anything to tell. My guess is it will be like the current JDM models with some of those features, but who knows until the info comes out next year at the autoshows and in SOA's press releases...

The B9 needs more power to compete in its class and I am sure a major facelift would do it wonders even though the pig nose has grown on me :) but they need to do something about the rear seat so you can put a rear facing child seat in the back w.o. tipping and one in the middle of the seat

The B9 needs more power to compete in its class ...
:icon_roll

Here some data from Edmunds for 2006 crossover midsize SUVs.

Acura MDX	3.5L 253HP 4471LB
BMW X3		3.0L 225HP 4023LB
Lexus RX 330	3.3L 223HP 4065LB
Subaru B9	3.0L 250HP 4155LB
Volvo XC90	3.2L 236HP 4464LB

']:icon_roll

Here some data from Edmunds for 2006 crossover midsize SUVs.

Acura MDX    3.5L 253HP 4471LB
BMW X3        3.0L 225HP 4023LB
Lexus RX 330    3.3L 223HP 4065LB
Subaru B9    3.0L 250HP 4155LB
Volvo XC90    3.2L 236HP 4464LB

Jon, spot on! I think that we'll see some power/torque bumps in 08... TBD.

uh...

first off, rx330 has the 268 hp v6

New RDX coming out soon will have at least 260 hp

Volvo has the v8 pushing 300hp

X3 is getting more powerful 6

Lastly, the Tribeca is a heavy one. It needs more hp. Plain and simple.

RX330 was the benchmark when the B9 was developed the RX350 has 268 out of a 3.5L. The RDX has 240 hp and weighs almost as much as the Tribeca base. The Volvo has had a v8 but we're comparing 6-cyl competition. The X3 isn't the only one that's getting a more powerful 6 :icon_roll

The Tribeca a plenty powerful in its class... 3.0-3.5l V6's -vs- the 3.0l H6 makes more hp/L AND the best hp/weight ratio of any of them, an accomplishment to say the least. The Tribeca has one of the smoothest shifting trannies of the group, one of the quietest interiors, the most eye appealing interior, and the best base price. I think Subaru needs to wake up and smell the coffee :icon_roll

I've made an appointment on saturday with a dealer around here. A friend of mine who does all their advertising knows the owner. Gonna preorder the SpecB. I'm shooting for inovoice -$100.

They even have 2 '06 SpecB's still on the lot which they may have me test drive.

I've made an appointment on saturday with a dealer around here. A friend of mine who does all their advertising knows the owner. Gonna preorder the SpecB. I'm shooting for inovoice -$100.

They even have 2 '06 SpecB's still on the lot which they may have me test drive.

Yes the 07 is better but there are deals to be had on the 06 and IMHO you have a much better chance of getting a steal on one of the remaining 06's.

Question to Jon[in CT]:

Why are you using HP numbers if torque is more important for the feel of the fast.

Acura MDX 3.5L 253HP 250FTLB at 3500 4471LB

BMW X3 3.0L 225HP 214FTLB at 3500 4023LB

Lexus RX 330 3.3L 223HP 238FTLB at 3600 4065LB

Subaru B9 3.0L 250HP 219FTLB at 4200!!! 4155LB

Volvo XC90 3.2L 236HP 4464LB

VW Tuareg 3.2L 240HP 229FTLB at 3200 5086LB this must be slow

I did not find data for Volvo 6 cylinder only 2.5T (I think 5 cyl) and V8.

It looks like Subaru H6 is wrong engine for Tribeca. Or it is improperly tuned. It is Legacy engine and tuned accordingly. For Tribeca it could have lower HP but Max torque should be available earlier.

Krzys

Archived