LegacyGT.com

'07 Spec. B price released in nasioc.

eqt2010

Question to Jon[in CT]:

Why are you using HP numbers if torque is more important for the feel of the fast.

Acura MDX 3.5L 253HP 250FTLB at 3500 4471LB

BMW X3 3.0L 225HP 214FTLB at 3500 4023LB

Lexus RX 330 3.3L 223HP 238FTLB at 3600 4065LB

Subaru B9 3.0L 250HP 219FTLB at 4200!!! 4155LB

Volvo XC90 3.2L 236HP 4464LB

VW Tuareg 3.2L 240HP 229FTLB at 3200 5086LB this must be slow

I did not find data for Volvo 6 cylinder only 2.5T (I think 5 cyl) and V8.

It looks like Subaru H6 is wrong engine for Tribeca. Or it is improperly tuned. It is Legacy engine and tuned accordingly. For Tribeca it could have lower HP but Max torque should be available earlier.

Krzys

I'm missing your argument. The Tribeca is tuned for high-end performance much like a Honda/Acura VTEC and really is impressive considering its small displacement. Are you saying that you think bumping the torque by 10 lb-ft but reducing the power would make it a better performer? Remember, the B9 is a crossover vehicle in its truest sense... it is a car based midsized "SUV" that has a higher revving sporty feeling motor. Most customers who are avoiding the SUV comment very well on the non-truck-like feel of the H6.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm... wonder what the spec.B prices are like for the first buyers right now? :munch:

+1

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I'm missing your argument

His point is... It needs more torque :p

I tend to agree with that in terms of the tribeca. However, I really do like the EZ30R motor though, its almost as good as porsche flat 6's in terms of HP/displacement. I wish it we had the 6-speed version EZ30R like the rest of the world gets :(

That price is for the 5-speed, which the USDM won't have. The last time I asked a dealer about the pricing (last week) they didn't have an official number yet either.

Dont ask the retarded regular salesmen :p

Your best bet is probably the dealer internet sales rep... At least If they have a clue as to how to use Subarunet!

That price is for the 5-speed, which the USDM won't have.

Prices for the new 6MT JDM Tuned-by-STi will be available soon. I bet it will still be cheaper than USDM version which comes with less/weaker toys/parts. :lol:

This Space For Rent

;707833']Dealers in NY don't yet know the price of the 2007 Legacy spec.B?

They had just gotten the Tribeca pricing about a week ago.

I found it weird too that they didn't have the pricing on the Legacy, only Forester and B9.

I wonder if the pricing differs at all from SoA pricing in the end. Someone want to chime in how it's been in the past.

They had just gotten the Tribeca pricing about a week ago.

I found it weird too that they didn't have the pricing on the Legacy, only Forester and B9.

I wonder if the pricing differs at all from SoA pricing in the end. Someone want to chime in how it's been in the past.

Seriously, any dealership can access that info online... Its their fault for being too stupid to do it :lol:

I was on vacation and am catching up with this thread. I have an 05 LGT Limited wagon 5EAT and had a 5 MT WRX before that. One item that caught my interest is the discussion of no color choices for the Spec B, along with other comments about Subaru being very safe vehicles. Color choice is a factor in the safety of a vehicle, from a visibility standpoint. Gray would not be my choice since it does not standout as well as other colors.

I am interested in a Spec B, but only if it can address the current issues with my 05 LGT. First is the suspension, or actually the amount of body roll. When I went from my WRX to the LGT, I thought it was a major improvement, but after having it for a while, I realized the body roll is more than I would like. The other issue is power - I would not mind paying more for a Spec B, but only if it had more power. Also, I really think it could use wider tires. I am hoping the 08 model will address those issues. If not, I will need to look elsewhere (or possibly a WRX STI, but after living with a WRX I do not want to have less refinement than a Legacy).

I know there may be replies that I can fix the issues I mentioned. Yes, that is true, but as other posts have mentioned when paying $31K+ for a car I really do not want to pay more to change things and then worry about how the dealer/subaru will handle the warranty (especially from engine mods, since I now hear that the dealers may be able to detect Accessports), in addition to any liability issues that may occur if you are in an accident and they find that you altered the engine to add more power (and therefore made the car operate outside the manufacturers specs) - insurance companies and lawyers would like any loophole they could get (and I am not trying to flame those two groups, I am just saying they would not be doing their job if they did not look for those types of things).

Anyway, that may have been a little off-topic, but for me to stay with Subaru and look at a Spec B, it would need more power (than a standard LGT), less body roll and other color choices for same/less than the competition.

andr00 where is this dealer?

I asked Concordville in southeast PA what kind of prices I could expect for a model equipped with autodim/homelink and the response I got was:

"As for pricing you can expect the list price!"

Still waiting to hear from Welsh, I'll update when I get word from them.

I know there may be replies that I can fix the issues I mentioned. Yes, that is true, but as other posts have mentioned when paying $31K+ for a car I really do not want to pay more to change things .....

Anyway, that may have been a little off-topic, but for me to stay with Subaru and look at a Spec B, it would need more power (than a standard LGT), less body roll and other color choices for same/less than the competition.

January 2007 - Detroit Auto Show should answer some if not all of your questions as that is when the Legacy facelift is supposed to be unveiled. Anything you hear before then will just be speculation.

From what I understand, body roll is a fairly simple fix on the current spec b with some aftermarket anti sway bars. Athough I do agree that aftermarket parts should not be required on a $35k car especially considering that many of the parts are factory standard on JDM vehicles.

I have a friend in Eugene, Oregon (I am in Portland right now) that works in a Toyota dealership. The owner of the dealership also owns a Subaru dealership. He told me that the owner recieved his 07 spec-B yesterday and has it on the lot. It is not for sale (owner wanted it of course), but I will try and get pictures of it when I head down later today. It is good to know that the Spec-B is here and more are starting to come in.

Archived