LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine's been like that since new. Certainly not the best manual tranny-clutch combo I've owned.

all the reviews about the 06-08 legacy's(haven't read the 09 yet) say that it has bad reverse shifting, its probably just some minor miscalculation......

it kinda sucks though, cuz when I go to 'park' i have to sometimes remove the e-brake and shift my body back and forward to 'i guess' get the right notch for the gear to engage

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

all the reviews about the 06-08 legacy's(haven't read the 09 yet) say that it has bad reverse shifting, its probably just some minor miscalculation......

it kinda sucks though, cuz when I go to 'park' i have to sometimes remove the e-brake and shift my body back and forward to 'i guess' get the right notch for the gear to engage

i believe its due to reverse not being a synchronized gear. if it wont go input it in nutral let the clutch out & push it back in & try again that works for me most of the time...

im pretty sure reverse gear uses the 1st gear synchros.. at least whenever i have this problem i usually just throw it in first and then it goes right into reverse...

i noticed that the birds in the tree above my driveway like to poo on my car as i wash it regularily.. while everyone elses car is just fine... its a plot they have against me after years of torment from my bb gun:spin:

off topic: suggestions to washing off tree sap and bird poo are welcome.. i think its time to buy a chain saw and solve this problem for good

The reverse gear thing. Subaru's have been doing it forever. you BL/BP newbs!

The trick when it doesn't go in, is to select 4th, then reverse. Works every time. It's one of those subaru things, like the hesitations while in traffic, and ticking noises.

Sorry, I was rushing that one. Between the driver and passenger seat, the little compartment with the AC adapter thing. I usually just lift up on the flap, but the other day I realized there is a button you press to open it. Mine must be broken or something, because it opens without pressing the button.

Archived