LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else notice that the "Security" light always flashes when the car is turned off? It blinks no matter if I have set the alarm or not. Weird!

It's just to indicate that the immobilizer is in effect, attempting to tell thieves that it's no idea to try to hotwire this car.

But that won't stop anyone that REALLY wants to steal the car...

453747.png

How tall are you?

I find it to be pretty decent. It's weird tho, it's like riding in a totally different car when you sit in the passenger seat and a friend drives :lol:

Not as strange as if you are driving a right hand drive car! :p

453747.png

The horn is way too easy to honk on this car. Driving through campus area while turning I heard honking nearby thinking 'What the hell?'. Realized everyone was looking at me, and immediately felt very silly.

The horn is way too easy to honk on this car. Driving through campus area while turning I heard honking nearby thinking 'What the hell?'. Realized everyone was looking at me, and immediately felt very silly.

female ? :)

female ? :)

:rolleyes: No...

My old car I could turn easily with one hand. The horn is much more sensitive in this car. I did hit it with my thumb. The steering wheel is different as well, I can't rest my hand on the bottom middle now. This thing also turns like a go-cart as it has a shorter wheel base. Just a few things to get used to after driving one car for 6 years.

I'm sure this was said, but after almost 60 pages I've lost track.

When the gas light comes on (at 70 miles left I believe) the center console display shows the amount of miles left and starts to blink a few times.

I'm sure this was said, but after almost 60 pages I've lost track.

When the gas light comes on (at 70 miles left I believe) the center console display shows the amount of miles left and starts to blink a few times.

...and the ring around the gas gauge blinks at the same time. This was, indeed, already covered. ;)

I replaced 2 before I just, gave up.

When I bought my 98 GT I got it used from a toyota dealership. They ran it through their carwash before delivery and forgot to turn the raido off and broke the antenna. So they ordered a replacement and a week later I went back to get it installed. In the process of installing it they broke the new one........sooo they ordered another one which when it came in I just picked it up and left.

Ah, the grinding noise goes away once the nylon gears get fully stripped. Just be patient. It was a '97 OB, sold about 2 years ago. If I remember, the motor burns out shortly after, so no noise at all. A strategic bend in the mast, and you've got a full "green", manual antenna that can go up and stay up or down.

I notice that there's almost no room in the fuel tank to put more fuel in after the pump auto-cuts. Every other car I've driven you could squeeze another half gallon in - but with the LGT you're lucky to get half a second of extra pump, even after pulling the nozzle out halfway (and subsequently spilling fuel on the side of the car).

:lol: I did the same thing on my first fuel up after I bought it. My old truck you could jam another gallon in it after the pump cut off. Needless to say I wound up spilling gas everywhere.

Archived