LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

ur right...i got them switched....

those are the wiper heaters...mirrors are defrosted along with the front defroster switch

That answers a question I was trying to answer for myself, this morning. :D My wife's '01 OB has a mirror defrost button, and I didn't see one in the GT. I figured they had to be there, since it's a standard feature, but I couldn't figure it out.

Though when I had the front defrost on this morning, the mirrors did clear up, so I figured it might've been integrated. :p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the keyless entry thing, one click locks all the doors, but two clicks...TWO clicks turns the inside lights off!!! Never tried two clicks before until the other night, pretty cool.

yes and unfortunately 1 click doesn't open 'all' the doors, you need two clicks for that too, LoL :lol: dang subaru :spin:

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

There's an easy mod to solve that problem :p

yea i know but i don't feel comfortable with cutting and soldering the wires on the board of the chip, my hands are too big and bulky too do that kinda stuff:mad: ((damn big hands with ur bigness)) ((dang football that made em that way))

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

all the reviews about the 06-08 legacy's(haven't read the 09 yet) say that it has bad reverse shifting, its probably just some minor miscalculation......

it kinda sucks though, cuz when I go to 'park' i have to sometimes remove the e-brake and shift my body back and forward to 'i guess' get the right notch for the gear to engage

Funny, I have had the exact same experience. Its like the old saying goes... "when you cant reverse and the E-brake is up, put the E-brake down, and then put the car in reverse..."

Anyone notice that the screen that tells you the average mpg goes in increments of 0.3 and that the estimated miles per tank left goes in increments of 10? Thought it was kind of awkward...

And temperatures to the nearest degree... even though there's a decimal point after it.

When the car's turned off and key is out of the ignition, you can press the "DISP" button on the trip computer to see the time (otherwise it's off)...

Surprised no one else mentioned that...

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Oh, and the button on the end of my parking brake lever rattles annoyingly when I'm driving... :mad:

Ditto:mad:

Tried breaking off the end of a toothpick in there, it fell out.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Anyone notice that the screen that tells you the average mpg goes in increments of 0.3 and that the estimated miles per tank left goes in increments of 10? Thought it was kind of awkward...

Yeah I've noticed that too. It's likely the trip "computer" that calculates mpg and estimated miles per tank is implemented in hardware as a state machine on an FPGA instead of an embedded microprocessor. Makes sense from a design point of view. You significantly reduce complexity and lower costs. Less number changes = less gates.

That's my guess.

Or maybe the precision of the mpg and miles per tank are only good to 0.3 and 10 respectively. It would be interesting to hear from the designers why they chose to do it that way.

umm. no.

i get 19.8, 19.5 today actually, 26.1 its all over the place. neither of those mentioned are .3's.

gas left...i can believe. i flipped it over and it said 40 and sat there. was less that 10 miles from home and it never dropped fromt hat 40 mark.

Explain 26.1... If it actually went in increments of .3 he would see 26, 26.3, 26.6, 26.9.... My MPG display doesn't go in increments of 3 either though.

Yeah, I'm at 28.8 right now, 30.0 overall :confused:

But wait, just to double check, we are talking about the Avg. MPG display right? There are two.

Archived