LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i'm driving fast (excess of 90) and i stick my arm out the drivers side window, and my friend stick's his arm out the passengers side window, at a 37 degree angle my lg's front wheels begin to leave the pavement :lol:

so then we went to stage 2..:lol:.....after putting our arms out, we had another friend stick some plywood out the sunroof and tried to direct the lgt like a tail..............the guy in the denali was not so happy about that idea:lol::lol:

i read all of the posts and thought i would spice it up, lol

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

I learned how to solve this problem on my integra and the same solution works on the LGT. Just crack the sunroof open before putting up the windows. This allows the window to make a nice seal with the body. Then close the sunroof as the sunroof motor is powerful enough to make a tight seal at highway speeds. Works great as long as you have a sunroof.

Thank you! :)

When i use the sport mode if i am a little relaxed and rest my hand on the shift nob i will accidently downshift when i get on it.:eek:

Both hands on the wheel unless actually shifting please;)

Your driving instructor at any track would give you a spanking for that! It took them a long time to realize I was doing it on purpose after the first spanking....

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

The thing that slides over the cup holder, if slid half way is a great place to put your cup of chili from Wendy's as it cools down (while you are eating in your car... not driving of course).

Also holds your cell phone,enough of a ridge to stop it sliding everywhere....

my phone (LG vx8600 or the "chocolate flip") can snugly fit between the top part of the steering wheel and the horn so that when i play music loudly, i can hear/see my phone ringing

.. not that i'd pick it up. because that's unsafe :D

what is the purpose of the parking light swithch on the steering colum? it got switched on once by accedent and my battery died from the lights being on.

It's a European thing...I guess you are supposed to leave park lights on when parallel parking in some cities over there. How it made it to the USDM...who knows...

It's a European thing...I guess you are supposed to leave park lights on when parallel parking in some cities over there. How it made it to the USDM...who knows...

This does make sense, I mean the law is the law, but even then, why not use the regular light switch instead? Or the hazard lights? I fail to see how this would be useful. :(

This does make sense, I mean the law is the law, but even then, why not use the regular light switch instead? Or the hazard lights? I fail to see how this would be useful. :(

Not sure...Ahhh, it hit me. Parking lights and headlamps will go off when you shut the car off and remove the key. This enables the parklights to still work. As for hazards...I can't think of a reason except they flash and do not stay on constantly.

Heck, if it wasn't for the salesman knowing his cars...I wouldn't have known either.

The law states that it's the parking lights.

And the stem switch happens to be Subaru's way of doing it - I don't mind since we are also required to drive with the lights on daytime too and with the current setup they are turned off when the ignition is turned off.

453747.png

Archived