LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i get mileage readout and the gas gauge shows the level

<sigh>... not the button on the instrument cluster... I know that one shows mileage and gas gauge... I'm talking about the button on the trip computer that I would normally press to flip through my MPG, Avg MPG, Miles to Empty, etc while driving the car. The button (at least on my car) is labeled "DISP". The clock stays on for a little while after I turn off the engine, but later it turns off. The DISP button turns on the clock display for a short time without the need to turn on the ignition.

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Yeah, I'm at 28.8 right now, 30.0 overall :confused:

But wait, just to double check, we are talking about the Avg. MPG display right? There are two.

You have two Avg. MPG displays? You mean "A" and "B"?

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Explain 26.1... If it actually went in increments of .3 he would see 26, 26.3, 26.6, 26.9.... My MPG display doesn't go in increments of 3 either though.

No, if it was from 19.8, you would see 20.1, 20.4, 20.7, 21.0, 21.3, 21.6, 21.9, 22.2, 22.5, 22.8, 23.1, 23.4, 23.4, 23.7, 24.0, 24.3, 24.6, 24.9, 25.2, 25.5, 25.8, 26.1, 26.4, 26.7, 27.0

That's why he sees 19.5, 19.8 and 26.1.

Explain 26.1... If it actually went in increments of .3 he would see 26, 26.3, 26.6, 26.9.... My MPG display doesn't go in increments of 3 either though.

:spin: ... OK, try this... start with 0, then add 0.3. Take that result, add another 0.3. If you know how to add, you'll find that you cannot get to 26.0. Instead, you'll get to 26.1 ... :rolleyes:

:spin: ... OK, try this... start with 0, then add 0.3. Take that result, add another 0.3. If you know how to add, you'll find that you cannot get to 26.0. Instead, you'll get to 26.1 ... :rolleyes:

:whore:lol someone who made it easier for me to explain. Thanks! :dm:

Ok, well I started at 26 because I have seen that on my car...

Ok, well I started at 26 because I have seen that on my car...

To be clear, this is a "feature" of the trip computer that comes with the Leggies that don't have the Nav option... I have no idea what the Nav computer shows... (or how it increments)

My fuel consumption meter seems to have a maximum value of 50l/100km.

It ends up to something like 4.7mpg.

Achieved on first gear on a cold engine with a fair amount of throttle...

Are you sure it's not 50KM/l??

because that is what I get as max.

:spin:If you know how to add, you'll find that you cannot get to 26.0. Instead, you'll get to 26.1 ...

Or divide... 26.1 / 0.3 = 87 and I can confirm the nav units instant mpg display can display any decimal, not just increments of .3. Also, when you get below 10 miles the fuel range reads '---' eventually it just goes blank.

In Navi equipped cars, when you change the hour for the time, the display on the trip computer takes about a minute to get updated.

I noticed this when turning off DST and then seeing that my trip computer was still on the old time.

I was reading the Legacy 2009 manual and it indicated that a steady CEL light means something is wrong with the emission control system. But I did not get the case of when the CEL light is blinking (as opposed to steady).

Would anyone be knowing the difference between a steady and a blinking CEL light?

Would it be safe to keep driving with a steady CEL light?

Poor WILL... Fire at WILL, drive at WILL, the WILL explode...

I nominate RippinRoo for

http://www.bbc.co.uk/humber/content/images/2005/10/03/grammar_police_car_203x152.jpg

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I noticed that whenever I wash my LGT on a nice beautiful day, the next morning I wake up and it's pouring rain. Then after I'm pissed saying I just wasted all my time washing her the day before, I tell myself why wash her again today? It's just gonna rain again tomorrow according to the weather. And guess what, it will stay nice and bright out for the next 5 days or until I wash her up again...Anyone else run into this?

Poor WILL... Fire at WILL, drive at WILL, the WILL explode...

Oh, I'm so sorry Rippin, next time I'll be sure check my post. Quote me on my bloddy English, I am English! Bleeding Yanks! Could you not work out what was meant by the post? Would you like me to clarify?:p

Archived