LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

On the volume, I think that's to protect the speakers- it seems to start self-adjusting(??) after about 30. I use 30 as a theoretical max since my ears seem to detect it cutting back and/or distorting after that.

AFTER THAT? I hate turning the POS system up above 15 in the car.

:whore:. I think I've had it at 12 once. 8-10 is normal for me, and even 10's a stretch for the speakers @ flat bass.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually flaps are just for landing

Untrue. Flap usage is dependant on takeoff/landing weight and length of runway. They are used for both evolutions.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

:lol: tom sellic can use that mustache as flaps for landing, and taking off...

"all great men have mustaches"

and just because i know its coming ill go ahead and insult myself...

"your mom would kill for a ride on that mustache" hahaha laugh it up everyone because you all know your mom would leave your dad for tom sellic in a heart beat

silly thing i just noticed about my car... its not a ferrari like magnum p.i.

he should know, he's tom civic, tom cellica, tom cellic, whatever

No I'm not, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

(actually, it was from March to June when I was in ground school and sim at FlightSafety in STL)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I noticed this this morning driving back from Cedar Point. After you've been driving for an hour, the E/T timer comes up and flashes about 5 times and then returns to what the original display was (temp, mpg, etc.) Kinda scared me when it first popped up. Thought I was driving a car with a ticking bomb. lol

I noticed this this morning driving back from Cedar Point. After you've been driving for an hour, the E/T timer comes up and flashes about 5 times and then returns to what the original display was (temp, mpg, etc.) Kinda scared me when it first popped up. Thought I was driving a car with a ticking bomb. lol

It does that when the left headlight needs more Taco Bell.:lol:

And I thought it did that at 2 hours? The '08 does at least.

It does it at every hour.

It also does it when the temperature changes to 3 degrees C because according to the book, "it's at this temperature that freezing rain occurs". Maybe in Japan, but not here.

My car does it every 2 hours....

3 Celsius is about 37 Fahrenheit. That sounds right, even though it isnt freezing point, there still is the risk for there to be potential ice. My VW warned you at 39 degrees fahrenheit.

why is it when you re-fuel with the engine running, it takes for ever for it to read on the gauge ?

why are you re-fueling with the car running. im pretty sure all gas pumps say to turn of ignition

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

why are you re-fueling with the car running. im pretty sure all gas pumps say to turn of ignition

probably to keep the A/C pointed at the beer, save start/stop cycles, keep turbo oil flow going, all kinds of good reasons.....

I'm guilty. I have also ignored the "stop engine when refueling" signs at the gas station many times. I once got a speech from my Chemical Engineer friend about how dangerous it is to refuel with the engine running. Thing is, I haven't once heard of a car, person, or gas station catching fire, or exploding due to this. So unless I'm missing something , I haven't seen where this is a problem.

That's because there are no living witnesses.

:p

I would almost agree with you, except security cameras are everywhere.

Wait, it's watching me post this, aaaahhhhh, make it sto

probably to keep the A/C pointed at the beer,

:lol::lol:

while we are on this topic.. anyone here watch myth busters... they did a segment on gas stations exploding... it is extremely extremely rare.. the conditions have to be perfect...

mostly it has to do with the ambient temperature of the air.. then the fumes from the pumps need to be in a contained location.. then ignition source..and what gas stations are located inside of a garage.. with all the pumps in open air environments the chances of anything ever igniting are near impossible.. technically even though stupid, you could smoke a cig while pumping your gas..

batonrouge: your chemical engineer friend should have known this

on a side note i always shut off my car at the pumps for the sole purpose that sparked this conversation... i hate when it takes my needle 15 minutes to tell me i have a full tank.. but when you start your car the needle will move right up to the top

About the Chem-E guy- he's the uptight, only by the rules (and signs), very intellectual type. He just thinks too much and throws out common sense....remember he IS an Engineer...like the makers of Subaru's. lol Anyway, I think he more enjoyed scolding me for 'doing something wrong' than thinking about what he was really saying.

I don't recall what my gauge does in those cases, but I'll sure pay attention next time

And I did once see a woman holding a cigarette in the same hand she was using to pump gas. THAT did concern me. So much so that I stopped on my $3.50 of fuel and moved on! (Yea, she was blond).

That's because there are no living witnesses.

:p

there are plenty of videos on youtube of random fires while fueling up. im not taking any chances with my suby.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Don't you people watch Real TV or Spike??? Gas stations usually light up like a Christmas tree when people do this.

I would think the accident rate at gas stations when compared to the number of fill ups annually must be astronomically low. Darwin just needs to reach out and touch some people every now and then.

Archived