LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

I noticed tonight while on the German Autobahn traveling with 2 other cars and accelerating with the cruise control that it will disengage at 100mph. I did not try to set the cruise over 100mph though...maybe another time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What ever happened to simple hand cranked windows?

I suspect that they went away because they could be the cause for injury in an accident. But electric windows are convenient too because they allow the driver to close all windows without too much hassle.

453747.png

Yea whats up with that? Is that some kind of real-time MPG??? It fluctuates like crazy, I pay it no mind. The avg. MPG display keeps me occupied though.

When I put my pit in the passenger seat, the car wants me to somehow seatbelt her in. :lol:

Also, when coasting down a hill or whatnot (basically in neutral, but still moving) if you rev the engine you can change your gas mileage, kind of funny. Go from 100mpg to 3.5mpg on a good rev.

I read about 20 pages of this thread trying to find the following.. and didnt find it so here it is:

I swear that my headrest moves up by itself! I dont lean back on it.. and I push it down every once in a while however it makes its way back up a couple notches. Am I nuts? :)

Radio reception is great

Windows get dirty "film" on the inside way too much. I have to wipe them every week.

Interestingly, in my experience American cars tend not to do this, yet Japanese ones do for some reason.

I swear that my headrest moves up by itself! I dont lean back on it.. and I push it down every once in a while however it makes its way back up a couple notches. Am I nuts? :)

Confirmed here as well. I have only had passengers in my car on rare occasions, and yet the headrests move up themselves. I thought I was crazy!

^^^ No! Me too! I blamed my friends for a while, but one time it went up and I was positive nobody had been in the car. I think it's our schweet acceleration!

I haven't noticed - but on the other hand I need it in the top position or I will get it on my shoulder blades.

453747.png

Just got my 08 GT, and realized that the rear deck comes with two little air vents going into the trunk.

I'm assuming these are vents for the sub, since I doubt those little things will cool/heat the trunk.

Course it could also be to make it easier to smog yourself with exhaust gas...

Just got my 08 GT, and realized that the rear deck comes with two little air vents going into the trunk.

I'm assuming these are vents for the sub, since I doubt those little things will cool/heat the trunk.

Course it could also be to make it easier to smog yourself with exhaust gas...

It's so the trunk monkey can breathe. The release handle also glows so he can jump out at highway speeds.

I read about 20 pages of this thread trying to find the following.. and didnt find it so here it is:

Same here!!!! everytime I have to push it back down. Hahahaha......that's quite funny Subaru.

The frameless look is really cool, but if I close the window at highway speed there's still a lot of wind noise. I'm not going to stop just to put my window up, but it's annoying. I can complain a lot about this car, but I love it.

I learned how to solve this problem on my integra and the same solution works on the LGT. Just crack the sunroof open before putting up the windows. This allows the window to make a nice seal with the body. Then close the sunroof as the sunroof motor is powerful enough to make a tight seal at highway speeds. Works great as long as you have a sunroof.

This morning I discovered that the lights will turn off with the car. I turned on the car and saw that the nav screen was black. I looked around to find out WTF and saw my lights were on and my parking brake was still engaged. I just turned them off. :p

I guess it's a nice feature, I'll never have to worry about the car reminding me to turn off the lights! hehe

Oh and I know it's been mentioned before, I read it on earlier pages. I just wanted to tell my story. I'm bored at work. :)

edit: I also discovered that my Nav system does not have a 3 year old street that I drive on from time to time when going out for lunch. It's nice to see the blip travel over yellow nothingness.

The button that you press to see the display come on when the car is turned off, showing you the mileage of the car... I just noticed today that it turns the fuel gauge on too. Lights it up, lifts the needle and everything.

Archived