LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

hahah yeah i am young 23, but even i still hear that joke all the time. i was kinda laughing at the tandom joke you both had going on relevent to this thread.

so, on a side note, rather than reading all 146 pages (which btw is a crazy accomplishment) lol, how many people have ended up doing this "system" :-P

-Luke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I, for one won't admit it to anyone outside the boards, sorry :(

I need to pick up a breaker bar, but the only two places I checked for one were ridiculously expensive. $30-plus dollars at Sears or Menards, Lowe's didn't have them so I guess I'm down to Advance Auto Parts and the like. I just wanna find a cheap one and give it a try before I go the route of cutting the bolts, although I have replacement ones I don't have a cutter.

nka: 3/8 in bolts

Finally got this done today. I started yesterday and was able to pry 3 of the 4 bolts. Aaand of course the last bolt had to be stubborn and I ended up rounding it too. I won't get into the intricate details of what positions were involved, needless to say I was pissed and tired. So I had to put the project off yesterday until today when I borrowed a cutter from my old man. Bolt came off, replaced the rusted ones with stainless steel new ones.

Oh, and I managed to drop two washers into the Y-pipe. Those were fun times. Spent a good 30 minutes fishing the damn things out.

I'm definitely loving the sound. It's loud from the get-go but once moving, it quiets down a but, but definitely still noticeable. Wife at first didn't like it but it's starting to grow on her. We're about to go out so we'll see what she thinks about it as a passenger. Boxer rumble goodness definitely there, the damn thing sounds like a V8 :D Got a couple of approving looks too on the way home.

On the way to my parents I only had the mod done on one muffler. I can tell you that having two definitely helps with the sound.

hogmeat is the man. These things are staying on, for now at least.

Edited by fishbone

Same as washer, nice thanks !

I told my friend I did buy a new muffler and it's was in my pocket, he was like "WTF ?" :lol:

btw, I may try only one washer if it's too loud. My girlfriend just too told me earlyer "I love your new car, it's quiet" :redface:

I did mine a couple months back as a temp solution for not having dough to buy an exhaust... now i'm not even looking for a new exhaust Hogzuast ftw.

found a quick solution to getting those pesky washers out of the y-pipe. Start your engine, rev, turn off engine, find washer and try not to drop it again.

Wife said she loves the sound but thinks it's mismatched for the car. She'd expect it on a muscle car or "manlier" car, whereas the LGT is too elegant for that kind of stuff. Keeping it on though, I had a lot of fun driving downtown, loving the sound :D Some chicks on the sidewalk turned and my wife goes "see, they were probably expecting to see a Mustang, whereas now they're probably thinking there's something wrong with the car"

And then she said something else but I didn't catch it because I was staring at boobs.

"see, they were probably expecting to see a Mustang, whereas now they're probably thinking there's something wrong with the car"

:lol:

And then she said something else but I didn't catch it because I was staring at boobs.

http://forum.clubcivicquebec.com/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif

found a quick solution to getting those pesky washers out of the y-pipe. Start your engine, rev, turn off engine, find washer and try not to drop it again.

lol same thing happened to me... i was like :eek: What do i do just leave it there? but then i remembered i had a magnetic screwdriver that i was able to stick the washer on and take it out the pipe. haha

LOL! You guys crack me up. As for the washers in the Y-pipe, I found out the hard way too. Then I realized that i could just use the exhaust and shot it out - ZIP! have to go find them in the garage.

Glad I have a few more converts. Anyone care to donate about $20,000 to the buy Hogmeat another Legacy fund?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

ima try this....after reading a bunch of diff post.. i think i know wut to do...or atleast have an idea of wut this consist of...lol (20 year old import enthusiast).....im scared though, (fish bones,) said its bad to instal a CAI as 1st mod w/ no tune....wut kinda freakn tune do i need..cuz mines already instaled...HPS n it works w/ K&N sounds lika beaut....but wut kinda risk am i runin? the sound certanily feels as if i have more power..i luv it, but as for tune? wut kind do i need? geezalouise : /

So I come in to work this morning and I run into a coworker, and the first thing he says is "is something wrong with your car? Do you need a new muffler?"

FML!

I love the sound, man, but now I'm going to go around asking other people what they think. Last thing I want is to sound like the Civic riceboys that we all make fun of. It shouldn't take an "initiated" person to be able to enjoy the sound. And maybe my wife is right, Legacies are too elegant and subdued for this kind of stuff. Maybe I need to get some baller rims and drop her a couple inches. And get some Japanese writing on it. Yeah, that'll do it.

OR, maybe he was just focused on the fact that it was loud.

ooops tried to do the munchin out emoticon ontopa page 2 lol help ppl? Lol

were hungry but bob didnt answar he was unconscios thay wer3 drivng through a mien feild wit an unconscios drievr a litl3 whiel l8r bob woke up and found a big piel of burnt stuf al around him wit s3veral d3ad p3ople lyng around 2 their was onley on3 posibl3 3xplanation for al of thes taht bob cud com3 up wit somaone must haev kidnap3d bob and put him in a burnt graevyard h3 didnt know wher3 ha was so in ord3r 2 find out h3 lokad for a pay phone and wh3n he found on3 he brok3 it op3n and loked at teh nm3 of teh country taht was on al of teh quartars imagien his surpries wh3n ha found out taht h3 was in both canada and m3rica at da sm3 tiem not knowng which dierction he was suposed 2 go in in ordar 2 ariev at arkansas bob thought taht it wud b bst if he asked for dierctions so h3 went up 2 teh at3ndant at a nearby gas station and sade excues m3??

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST