LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mean they aren't a hardware store...but their store brand is very poor quality, their selection of hard to find stuff is poor to nonexsistent...

They drive out all the mom n pop stores with cheap easy to find stuff....but then don't carry all the stuff that they drove out. Oh well.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Oh I definitely agree and I knew that's what you meant. I was looking for a good programable house thermostat and they didn't have diddly shit worth looking at. And WTF is the pet section doing in a supposebly hardware store? I do like their system or printing your own receipts should you lose your copy. All stores should have this.

thanks to the salt, my exhaust and flanges are pretty rusted...i want to run this since the exhaust is whisper quiet stock. anyone else have crazy rust on their line?

My gasket has basically rusted itself to the pipe and muffler, so they are now as if they're welded together. I have to cut the bolts and God knows what amount of wrestling will pry the two pieces apart :spin:

Mine was rusted pretty hard, had to get help from my father to get the bolts loose, after that thought it was all good. I just told my friend I bolted on a new exhaust, let's see if they fall for it. :lol:

they'll fall for it. I fooled 100's of experienced Legacy Owners!

...except for that 1 guy that was like "...he probably just took the mufflers off..." on like page 3...

Awww heck. that was 104 pages ago...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

just got done with the hogmeat mod on my completely stock legacy gt ltd its sounds great :icon_chee . first mod on the car, I ended up using three, four had to much backfire. Great mod, saved me $700 on a new system, can put that money to an access port, will be my second mod. Cold air will be third.

Yes, and you'll need a tune specifically for the CAI, else you'll be running lean and asking for trouble. The off-the-shelf maps are for stock intakes only. Not to threadjack, but I'd do the research first, as Subies are not just like any other car. In fact I'll be so bold and say you won't see noticeable gains from the CAI without the tune. I'd skip it altogether until I got the full exhaust to go with it too. Edited by fishbone

100,000 views is a given! Heck, I'll look at it 800 more times if I have too. :p

Bad news about my truck - there is no steel before the mufflers to insert some flanges. Just that really heavy cast iron piping coming right after cat. :(

I'm disappointed.

Installed the hogzaust today on my 2.5i... only took about 20 mins total working time and cost $1.50 for 12 washers, 4 of which I didn't use but purchased just incase I wanted stacks of 3.

Sounds pretty good (35 degree weather out and I keep the windows down to hear the new sound), but I do plan on getting some better mufflers in the future. Mainly for looks as my stock cans are a little dirty/rusty and the tips are tiny.

The bolts looked pretty rusty so I was worried they were going to be a pain to remove, but all I needed was a cheater bar. I used a short piece of 1" pvc pipe I had just laying around slipped over the handle of the wrench and it created enough torque to twist the bolts off with ease. The threads themselves and nuts were in great shape so I just reused them, but I did buy some extra bolts and nuts just incase (which ended up being too long anway so I just returned them).

All it would have taken had I not reused the bolts:

8 - 3/8" washers

4 - 1.25" to 1.5" bolts and nuts

Thanks hogmeat, neat little idea.