• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well damnit, I tried to get the hogzaust mod done today since we had a nice sunny 48-degree day but no luck. There's a lot of rust on the bolts and the gasket. I resorted to hitting the wrench with a hammer which is a NO-NO, I know, and the damn things didn't budge. They're almost like ... welded on there. If I do this I think I'm gonna need new bolts etc and definitely new gaskets should I go back to stock. I can see the original gasket just breaking into pieces.

I'm gonna hit up qikslvr and see if he wants to help me out. Aparrently I don't have the muscle needed for this.

yah man, you have options. Perhaps it would be wise to invest in an electric impact wrench? muscle up 400 ft-lbs for you...

But yah, PB Blaster it every 2 hours for 1-2 days, then give it a go again. I bet they go then. Do you own a propane torch? Everyman should have one. $12 at a hardware store with tip and tank. New tanks are $3.

PB+torch+breaker bar = certain success....

keep us posted...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

stage 2 today. Gotta love that rumble sound! My friends doubted that it is not a good idea to do it, and told me to just buy an CBE. After we installed it on one can and start the car, they were like "nice!!!! lets do the other side" AHHAHA! its funny. The smile on their faces. :lol::lol::lol:

Another friend of mine just walked in the house, and we all told him we are installing my new exhaust. After he ate, we were done "installing my exhaust" I told him it cost me $300. he said after hearing it: "Sounds good man! great deal. Hook me up with another one" I said its only for boxer engines. :D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Woodstock

another satified customer.

Thank you. Come again.

Thank you! Anything that will save me some money and get good results.

Next mod, vinyl sheet for eyelids on teh car;) $10

Edited by Woodstock

WoW, so, it has already passed 2000 posts,.....hogmeat I am forever impressed with your ability........

update to hogzaust......

I stockered mine up again.....I just don't like the loud rumbling in the winter......

(story took place while still hogzausted)

I went out to do some 'driving' in some unused parking lots....with snow, and I guess all that 'driving' attracted some 'pigs'.....although the man was quite 'stoned', and didn't really care to bother neone.....

pig - "what are you boys doing here?"

boys - just having some fun in the snow officer....

pig - "well...I don't think that a good idea...you get my drift<-----(actual word used...how ironic, hahahaha)

boys - (chuckle) yessir, have a good night sir, thank you sir...

...then we just jetted off.....thank god no problems

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

by the way wagonista.........that wagon of yours is broliK!!!!!!!!!! with a capital K
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

Hi Hogmeat, I just went hogzaust stg. 1 today, and I think it sounds great! CBE/TBE was last on my mod list, so this was a great way to tide me over until I can get there!

I can barely hear it over my stock engine sounds, so I may try stg. 2 this weekend... I don't want it to be too loud, we'll see how it goes.

^^^ good point fishbone.. its funny people think this sound is produced because of the washers in between exhaust parts.. your right your only hearing it because of your exhaust leak.. its not like your creating that suabru engine sound through this modification.. if you spent some money or saved it and bought an exhaust you would have the same sound.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/