LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I'm not sure if I'm the first one in Australia with the HOGZAUST mod (just a few too many posts to read through to find that out)!, but all the power to you Hogmeat!!

Here I was looking at an expensive exhaust upgrade to get that Boxer rumble happening but let me tell you I am happy with my Hogzaust stage 2 (sounds so rice just writing that haha).

Anyway, I thought this whole thing was a piss take, but having first hand experience, I think Hogzaust is going to take over the world!!!!

Good work mate.

OK. I did this yesterday. The whole time my coworker/ tech was laughing at me... calling me a redneck. I did the stage 2? (2 washer per bolt). I also have the exhaust res deleted. It took about 5 minutes.

After driving out of the shop and revving it outside, he couldn't stop smiling.

Today he kept cracking jokes. But when I said he was just jealous that his turbo Saab could never look as good, run as good, nor sound as good... without some major money spent, right there he stayed silent. :lol:

My wife got in and I started the car up and drove with the music off. She asked me what's wrong with the car. After I told her nothing, she made me pull over in a parking lot, got out and told me to rev it. She got back in and told me "I really like it!! Now what did you do and how much did it cost?!"

I showed her the $6 receipt and the leftover bag of stainless steel washers and she said " in that case, I love it!!" :D

I first went to Walmart and they didn't have the size. Then to Advance Auto and they didn't have the size in stainless steel. So the closet next stop was Lowes, where I thought $6 for a bag of 20 was alot, but I didn't want to drive to Home Depot and they not have it either.

So far, I really like it. I think it's a little loud at start-up, but that's it.

I had a cop, who was parked on the street, look at me as I passed by him but no problems there... so far. Maybe he was expecting an STi or a WRX with a huge muffler/ can??

Edited by NYtoVT

recently took mine off. major rust build up; had to take a flat head screw driver to pry off the washers. :rolleyes:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Why does it matter if your flanges have rust on them?

1. ZOMG rust on my exhaust!

2. It would take 10+ years for the rust to cause a problem with the flange.

3. After those 10 years are up, have exhaust shop weld on new flanges for $10.

4. Another 10 happy years.

I guess i"m just sayin' that it's been over 2 years for me, and I have NO RUST...and I live in middle IOWA. So yah. Just sayin'

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Why does it matter if your flanges have rust on them?

1. ZOMG rust on my exhaust!

2. It would take 10+ years for the rust to cause a problem with the flange.

3. After those 10 years are up, have exhaust shop weld on new flanges for $10.

4. Another 10 happy years.

I guess i"m just sayin' that it's been over 2 years for me, and I have NO RUST...and I live in middle IOWA. So yah. Just sayin'

Well good for you;). I did it when I put the car up for sale. since i'm keeping her, I've thought about going back. or buying some stock cans and gutting them. already got the tubing here to run afterwards. don't know yet.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

OK. I did this yesterday.

<snip>

I showed her the $6 receipt and the leftover bag of stainless steel washers and she said " in that case, I love it!!" :D

I first went to Walmart and they didn't have the size. Then to Advance Auto and they didn't have the size in stainless steel. So the closet next stop was Lowes, where I thought $6 for a bag of 20 was alot, but I didn't want to drive to Home Depot and they not have it either.

<snip>

With all those left over washers you could become a vendor and have your Hog-zawst pay for itself. :lol:

At $1/washer delivered to your door how could anyone considering a Hog-zawst pass it up. You save them the time and aggravation trying to find the washers and it would still cost them less than it currently has cost you to go Hog-zawst.

Seems like a win-win for everyone to me. ;)

Hogzaust can be done on showroom new cars. It won't hurt your engine or anything one bit; all we are doing is creating a small gap before the mufflers.

The only thing that'll hurt your car is you running it up to 7100 RPM cause you are addicted to the rumble and roar!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced an increase in gas mileage. In the week I've been stage 2 on this, I've gained almost 1mpg.

Today, I changed from stage 2 to 1. I'll see if it changes anything again.

hey hogmeat, i was wondering to make a gap where the up pipe connects to the catalytic converter, i would assume the only "bad" thing would be is the heat seeping out of that small crack:lol: but if you think about it all you would need then is about 1/2 the size of one washer we use now, and it would be monstrous... for those of us who like it like that...?

I mean the only difference would be that it would naturally take a little bit longer with all that jackin' you'de have to do to get it up (non sexual:lol::rolleyes:), so you can get under it and start workin..?

only problem was when i was looking under my car, I saw some parts that looked like "springs" in front of the bolt heads, that may pose an issue... what's your take on this?

(of course his is just an extra (really extra) project for those of us who have a month till school starts and don't have a job because they promised there cousin that he can finish it out till september)....:spin::eek::confused::lol:

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

lol, i love the enthusiasm, we'll see what happens with todays current events
I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

hey hogmeat, i was wondering to make a gap where the up pipe connects to the catalytic converter, i would assume the only "bad" thing would be is the heat seeping out of that small crack:lol: but if you think about it all you would need then is about 1/2 the size of one washer we use now, and it would be monstrous... for those of us who like it like that...?

I mean the only difference would be that it would naturally take a little bit longer with all that jackin' you'de have to do to get it up (non sexual:lol::rolleyes:), so you can get under it and start workin..?

only problem was when i was looking under my car, I saw some parts that looked like "springs" in front of the bolt heads, that may pose an issue... what's your take on this?

(of course his is just an extra (really extra) project for those of us who have a month till school starts and don't have a job because they promised there cousin that he can finish it out till september)....:spin::eek::confused::lol:

i arleady have that. Its pretty loud just warning you. it maybe louder than you think. Mines there because when i replaced the exhaust gasket it was the wrong size. I tried to put a 2 inch gasket on a 3 inch pipe. Needless to say it worked some what. I would have put something else on. But i had to do this on the highway because i kept getting pulled over. My bolts on my down pipe kept backing out because on my stage 3 clutch chatter. when i am in first gear.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

lol, i love the enthusiasm, we'll see what happens with todays current events

seriously, do it and take a short video. Post on youtube. i'd love to hear it - and in fact may consider doing it too. I've been wishing it was a little louder recently...

seriously, do it and take a short video. Post on youtube. i'd love to hear it - and in fact may consider doing it too. I've been wishing it was a little louder recently...

Thanks for the support, I'll try and get it done between today and tuesday

(only cuz i gotta do my brakes on saturday)...and sundays a no no, but expect a video up by tuesday:):cool:

So yea I did it, I really do not think it came out that well, but I had a bit of a time contraint, cuz just as I was rushing(for fear of rain) it began to pore on my legs(thank god my other half was under the car!!:lol:)

But the sound quality I know is not good at all(or atleast to me it isn't,

So if you want a better one(even if you dont I dont care, I'm defenitley gonna post a newer and muuuuch better everything by tuesday!!!!!!

but the job I did today will be on you tube later tonight(its taking forever to load now)

But i'll give a link later on tonight(if its done by then!!!!!!!!):lol::):):):):spin::spin::spin::spin::spin::spin:

i arleady have that. Its pretty loud just warning you. it maybe louder than you think. Mines there because when i replaced the exhaust gasket it was the wrong size. I tried to put a 2 inch gasket on a 3 inch pipe. Needless to say it worked some what. I would have put something else on. But i had to do this on the highway because i kept getting pulled over. My bolts on my down pipe kept backing out because on my stage 3 clutch chatter. when i am in first gear.

So you have yours by accident in a sense?(no pun)

I tried to take out the gasket, just for the try, and it was not budging what so ever. Is it okay to just put a shyt load of washers in there?

To give it the room needed to blow out the sound?

Because I ave to say, when i did it, it sounded absolutely awesome!!!!

Sounded even more juiced than the STI does, this was also with the muffler spread by 2 washers(which doesn't make a difference cuz the sound is 10x amplified by the midpipe)

But i guess the one good thing is if you really want the sound of power....here it is, and its coming *almost* from the source, thats how loud!!!!!!:lol:

OKAY, FEW WANTED IT, I SUPPLY YOU WITH IT HERE IT IS, MID PIPE DISCONNECTED, OKAY SOUND, COULD DO BETTER.....GOTTA TURN IT UP TO CAPTURE THE AWESOMENESS !!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1glqa_zbI]YouTube - MidPipe Disconnected Very Loud Compared To Regular Hogzaust[/ame]

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

hahaha...that actually sounded pretty good. I definately think we need a drive-by though.

What kind of accent is that? It's like Korean/New York or something??

Load that bitch up with washers, it's not going to hurt a thing!