LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what is the advantage to this moddification? besides some how sounding like an STi? I cant veiw the video so can some one just tell me what this does?

makes an exhaust leak with a relatively pleasing tone to it:spin:

I beg to differ. Its very pleasing!

Use 1 to 2 washers on each bolt and you will be hooked! Sounds so good..save the money you were gonna spend on the expensive exhaust and get an UP & DP installed instead.

^^^ yeah I plan to get a Greddy Evo II catback, stock STI UP and gut my DP & go stage II when I get the money for the pipes and an AP but this is keeping my happy in the interum

This pimplefaced-dweeb left a nasty comment with swearing on a youtube video of mine too. hahaha. Go enjoy the car mommy and daddy bought for you. Edited by hogmeat
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

"creatively frugal" is more like it... haha

I'm still going to get a real exhaust turboback, because I want the car to pass inspection, but for now, it stays.

you shouldn't have any problems with emissions inspection....the mod is after the cats.

I have a Megan CBE but i kinda want to try this out just to see how it sounds for a week or two :lol:.

ive never seen the video but i can only guess that your gapping the seal between the two peices of exhaust some where to make it sound deeper? Why dont you just buy an electronic cut out. does the same thing. and wont cut down performance like your fancy exhaust leak.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

ive never seen the video but i can only guess that your gapping the seal between the two peices of exhaust some where to make it sound deeper? Why dont you just buy an electronic cut out. does the same thing. and wont cut down performance like your fancy exhaust leak.

But that'll cost more than a buck. Hogzaust is all about doing it cheaply.

• 4 weeks later...

So far so good. My dad was/is a Jaguar/Lexus owner and likes the uber-quiet but deep grumble (Jag, not Lexus) and while he was holding the oh-shit handle he was grinning... so, Check!

One of my close buddies (who tried to convince me to by a, ugh, Volvo) also found it a really nice change.

So far so good!! Anybody in my area need help with this, gimme a PM

No wifey to test :(

So far so good. My dad was/is a Jaguar/Lexus owner and likes the uber-quiet but deep grumble (Jag, not Lexus) and while he was holding the oh-shit handle he was grinning... so, Check!

One of my close buddies (who tried to convince me to by a, ugh, Volvo) also found it a really nice change.

So far so good!! Anybody in my area need help with this, gimme a PM

No wifey to test :(

where in CT are you

EXHAUST LEAK = LOSS OF POWER

it may sound nice, but your loosing power and gas mpg's.

I by no means assert it is any gain in power but based on your theory would all aftermarket CBE that flow more than stock also be a "LOSS OF POWER"

the truth is this mod is so marginal there is no power gain or loss

You've got it wrong.

Reducing backpressure reduces the resistance to airflow, which allows the engine to breathe more freely, increasing horsepower. Especially with a turbo motor, you WANT free breathing. Yes, engines are usually designed to need some backpressure for optimal efficiency, but the turbo provides all the backpressure needed. Anything downstream of the turbo is just hindering performance.

Any reduction in backpressure is an increase in performance. The increase provided by the Hogzaust may be small, but it is an increase nevertheless.

Ever take a physics course? ... or maybe auto shop? Even electronics theory might help you understand it properly.

Just owning one doesn't mean you understand the physics behind it, just like owning a computer doesn't mean you understand how resistors, capacitors, coils, diodes, transformers, and power regulators affect electron flow,... and that's just the power supply. Just how does it convert 120V 60 Hz AC down to 12V & 5V DC?

How about your disk drive? Using it to store your data doesn't mean you understand about seek time, read/write head acceleration/deceleration times, rotational latency, data interleaving, or the microscopically thin layer of air that the read/write head floats on. You don't have to understand it for it to work.

Same with engines. Engines are air pumps. Resistance in an air pump reduces its efficiency. The easier time the air has getting into and out of the engine, the better your efficiency. Resistance hinders airflow. Mufflers provide resistance, and hinder that efficiency, but having no mufflers would cause a bit of noise pollution, therefore there's a trade-off - you need some muffling to reduce noise, but want lower backpressure to increase performance.

Yes, the manufacturers of CBEs would have you believe that an exhaust leak will hurt performance, but it's not true. They just want you to buy their product. There may be legal issues with it, but not with the physics of it. A CBE is usually tuned to offer a better quality sound than the Hogzaust, but sound quality doesn't affect performance.

Take a trip down to your local drag strip for an NHRA event. Do the top fuel cars have mufflers? No, because that would hinder performance.

Now if you had a two-stroke engine, that would be a completely different story, as they require a tuned expansion chamber, but you don't.

Actually, a straight 3" tube will flow more than a 3" tube that has a huge hole in it before a neck down to 2".

This is because the flow has to slow down to turn the corner and go out the hole. So, while there might be an infinitesimally small gain by adding holes on the side of the exhaust, the well designed straight through exhaust will reduce the backpressure more...

:spin: