LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I would agree with that, but I would say that our exhausts are more like a 3" tube going down to a 1" tube. The stock mufflers tend to offer a fair amount of resistance. With high backpressure, a flange leak will help more than a low backpressure system, so the Hogzaust will help more with the stock exhaust than an aftermarket CBE (even though the effect is still minimal in both cases).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, a straight 3" tube will flow more than a 3" tube that has a huge hole in it before a neck down to 2".

This is because the flow has to slow down to turn the corner and go out the hole. So, while there might be an infinitesimally small gain by adding holes on the side of the exhaust, the well designed straight through exhaust will reduce the backpressure more...

mine is 3 all the way back to 4 inch tips.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

I would agree with that, but I would say that our exhausts are more like a 3" tube going down to a 1" tube. The stock mufflers tend to offer a fair amount of resistance. With high backpressure, a flange leak will help more than a low backpressure system, so the Hogzaust will help more with the stock exhaust than an aftermarket CBE (even though the effect is still minimal in both cases).

thats exactly why i put a cut out at my downpipe.

13.6 @ 102 untuned FTW

SmartWax - Spec Clutch - Team Scp 1

http://newenglandsubarus.com/

pretty sure i understand. I have a catless turbo back exhaust system, with electric qtp exhaust cut outs.

pretty sure you dont cause my buddy custom welds 2 stroke expansion chambers which are a a lot more complicated.... its all backpressure. more better for low end less better for top end, somewhere in the middle usually cherry...

once again i disclamimer i dont think it adds any peformance but it DOESNT DECREASE PERFORMANCE

Edited by CTATV

Vaccaroja: I understand you have more money then brains, but please realize that there are no performance gains from this mod. None. Neither does it decrease your power or gas milage. I'm not as nice as the other guy that wasted his time on a long response (that you ignored). You are a dolt.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

This pimplefaced-dweeb left a nasty comment with swearing on a youtube video of mine too. hahaha. Go enjoy the car mommy and daddy bought for you.

Pimplefaced dweeb huh! Well I'm just saying i couldn't do a mod like, that to me in my mind its a ricer mod, i bought a full catback and it sounds amazing you can't beat the real thing.

Well, sure, a professionally-designed CBE *should* sound better than the Hogzaust for all that money, but look at the cost/benefit ratio:

Good CBE with really sweet sound = $1000.00

Hogzaust with 50% sweet sound = $1.00

That means you're paying $999 more for 50% better sound.

(okay, I could be off on the 50% - sound is entirely subjective)

Pimplefaced dweeb huh! Well I'm just saying i couldn't do a mod like, that to me in my mind its a ricer mod, i bought a full catback and it sounds amazing you can't beat the real thing.

I value your opinion, now you are dismissed.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

But wait, he said we're "loosing" power & mpg. That's the opposite of "losing" power & mpg. I would agree that we're "loosing", or letting loose, or freeing up, a couple of horsepower and maybe a couple tenths of a mile per gallon. In that, I agree with him. :lol:

I'm still a little confused about the "your" instead of "you're" though...

Yep, got three. I got the '98 LGT in 2001, drove that til I bought my '05 in '06 and passed the '98 down to my son who needed a car for college. Two years later I got the Tribeca, and passed the '05 LGT to my son and the '98 to my daughter, who just graduated high school. Keeping them in the family.

I might still have my old Justy too, if I hadn't wrecked it.

I'm kinda regretting passing the '05 LGT to my son. I miss driving it. The Tribeca just doesn't have quite the same sporty character... though it's a great vehicle.

Pretty funny. I was bored yesterday so I had to try this.

Pulled the bolts out, removed the gaskets so I had them if I didn't like it.

My wife comes out and sees bolts and wrenches laying on the floor and asks "Now what are you doing?"

I told her don't worry about, it you'll see. I put 2 washers in and dropped one down the pipe and had to start it to get it blow out.:lol:

Finished up and started it up. Sounded okay, but I was still unsure about it. Took it for a ride and thought it was a bit loud for me but figured I would go to one washer.

Got back and the wife was in the house. I told her to go take a ride in it. She goes out to the garage fires it up and yell over to me, "You've got to be kidding me!" And proceeds to drive out of the driveway.

She comes back and pulls up and I'm expecting to pull it back into the garage to take them out. She said she liked it. :eek:

I told her I'm not crazy about it, but I'll leave it for a day or so to see if she changes her mind.

Anyone using one washer?

Pretty funny. I was bored yesterday so I had to try this.

Pulled the bolts out, removed the gaskets so I had them if I didn't like it.

She comes back and pulls up and I'm expecting to pull it back into the garage to take them out. She said she liked it. :eek:

I told her I'm not crazy about it, but I'll leave it for a day or so to see if she changes her mind.

Anyone using one washer?

I'm using 1 washer per bolt on passenger's side (i.e. 2 washers total). My wife also unexpectedly likes it.

HV

Edited by hadvw
forgot a word

Wifey gonna be mad. I will say one thing. Kudos to your wife and being able to drive a stick. My wife is too 'tarded too...

We actually bought an 08 3.0R when we traded in our 05 GT MT. We both thought we could deal with an AT but hated it the longer we had it. Then we traded that in on the SpecB. It was an expensive mistake, but at least we have what we really like now.

She actually liked the exhaust mod and didn't really want me to change it back.

I don't know, I just like it quiet.

Couple noob questions...

Do you put the gasket on with the washers or leave them off?

Also, I think I remember reading that this 'mod' has been harsh on the exhaust after a week or so. Can I have this on my car for an extended period of time without problems?