LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

i tried this this on my 2.5i weekend.... sounds pretty good... love the sound of starting the car... cost all but 3 bucks... used 2 washers per hole...couldnt remove gasket though... no matter how much pb blaster i put on it...for all that are unsure about the washer for 2.5i.. it's the same... 3/8in id washers... thanks hogmeat

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i tried this this on my 2.5i weekend.... sounds pretty good... love the sound of starting the car... cost all but 3 bucks... used 2 washers per hole...couldnt remove gasket though... no matter how much pb blaster i put on it...for all that are unsure about the washer for 2.5i.. it's the same... 3/8in id washers... thanks hogmeat

FYI, wait about a month or so and the gasket will come loose and make a hissing sound like a reed or something. Then they come off really easy. :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

well looking at the video that you took showing it, (which is the only one that works for me) your space is bigger atleast twice as big, i guess i got skinnier washer? maybe ill throw some more on there.

they will laugh at your if you go and ask for an exhaust bolt. Take the bolt to your local hardware store, and tell them you want a bolt and nut that matches that, and 4 sets, and replace all your hardware.

stainless steel FTW

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

so i jiust did the hogzaust and it sounds pretty good, i put 2 washers in each side, well actually a total of 7, i lost one, dont know where it went lol. but yea, i expect it to be louder though. but still sounds good!

...and I'm stuck. I could get the bottom bolt/nut off the flange, but what about the top? There is hardly any room to get a wrench in there. How did you guys remove both of the bolts?

Thanks in advance. I'll try this again tomorrow after I get some feedback...now I must go see this Indiana Jones for myself, see what all the fuss is about.

Edited by Pawlwawl06

I can't speak for the 2.5i, but the GT sounds nothing like your typical 4 cylinder rice burner. More like a cruiser motorcycle/V8. I got my bolts off with a wrench on one side and a ratchet on the other. You may need an extension or u-joint to help, though. Edited by TRSCobra
cause I can't spell!

I can't speak for the 2.5i, but the GT sounds nothing like your typical 4 cylinder rice burner. More like a cruiser motorcycle/V8. I got my bolts off with a wrench on one side and a wratchet on the other. You may need an extension or u-joint to help, though.

Thanks.

...and I'm stuck. I could get the bottom bolt/nut off the flange, but what about the top? There is hardly any room to get a wrench in there. How did you guys remove both of the bolts?

Thanks in advance. I'll try this again tomorrow after I get some feedback...now I must go see this Indiana Jones for myself, see what all the fuss is about.

I used a standard 1/4 inch socket wrench with a 14mm socket about 2" long. I had to hold the socket when I put it on and twisted the socket backwards (clicking it) until it fit on, and wiggled it back and forth to 'tuck' the wrench between the trunk and the side. You don't have to even hold the wrench, just use another socket wrench to take the nut off the other side.

- one down note (no pun intended) about this;

I used 2 washers. Inside the car, it sounds awesome. Going through a tunnel it was loud, but when I opened the throttle up, it sounded more like a hole in the exhaust. When the throttle is open 3/4 or more, I get a wooshing rapping noise that sounds like a leaking exhaust instead of a purr. Otherwise it's nice.

People have asked if my car was an STi.