LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I went to a garage and had them torch the bolts out of there and replace the hardware. Cost me 6 dollars haha. Twas a good idea indeed. oh and they asked why I needed them replaced and I was too embarrassed to tell them I was going to put washers in there to make it sound better haha.

'welcome. Did you Hogzaust yet?

God, I love self-promotion.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No sir I have not but in a few minutes when the car has time to drip dry a little bit in my garage I'll go out and do it. I'm not too much into the slushy dirty snow falling in my ear when I Hogzaust my car.

edit: I doubt it makes much difference but do you think the intake silencer removal would make much of a different noise along with the hogzaust. I had the silencer off last summer but put it back on in the fall. Wondering if I should take it off again hmmmmm.

all done and dropping washers into the 2.5 tubing FTL:lol: Nothing a wet vac didn't suck out. I could only get 1 of the gaskets off... the other one will take some serious scraping. I do believe its staying on there ha. I used 2 washers and I kinda wish it was a little louder but I don't feel like getting under there to try 3. Good enough for now. Sweet $1.13 Mod

So yea, HOGMEAT, I have to say man, thank you for the insight for the HOGZAUST!

Everyone and there mother turns to see who's car sound so awesomely loud(a good loud though).

Especially since I work in the bronx...I still cry cuz of the pot holes, but until I can afford performance hydrolics it'll have to do.

thanks bud

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

You could take a torch to it and heat it up and try then. Heat the nut evenly till it's almost glowing and have it with your wrench.

where is the fuel tank during all this torching??

The fuel tank will be where it always is. I don't understand your point, but judging from the subtext, I'm assuming you're suggesting it's dangerous.

I would honestly face the torch away from the tank and toward the nut. I'm not suggesting to cut the nut off with a cutting torch--just to heat up the nut to probably the heat that the exhaust already gets when the car is warmed up. But rather than have the whole exhaust hot, I would just heat the nut up.

If that's extremely dangerous, then my apologies.

I don't recall the exhaust shop removing my gas tank when welding in the custom catback on my other car, and that was blasted with a mig

I successfully had a garage cut the nut out with a cutting torch. No problems. I asked them if the tank was too close and they told me it wasn't even close.

I didn't think it was that close either, but I understand that he was trying to be helpful and keep it safe for everyone.

Help! I bought an electric impact wrench on ebay, used pblaster, and it still wouldnt budge! I guess I need to have a shop torch em off like bigb! Total cost of Hawgzaust -

Impact Wrench - $42

Liquid Wrench - $5

PBlaster - $5

8 Washers - $2

Total - $54!

I guess at least I expanded my tools and chemical collection.

Help! I bought an electric impact wrench on ebay, used pblaster, and it still wouldnt budge! I guess I need to have a shop torch em off like bigb! Total cost of Hawgzaust -

Impact Wrench - $42

Liquid Wrench - $5

PBlaster - $5

8 Washers - $2

Total - $54!

Should invest in a compressor/air tank. My dad got one with a 30 gallon tank air tools are SOOO nice... but sorry the electric impact didnt work out for you

Heh, my dream home would include a nice garage with lots of space for tools! Unfortunately, I am in a condo and I don't have tons of space but I do have storage. You should see the area in front of my parking space - two 350z rims, hose/cleaning equipment, mountainbike, tire air compressor, etc. Might go and try to get into the machine shop at my alma mater and borrow their compressor and air tools.

Impact Wrench - $42

Liquid Wrench - $5

PBlaster - $5

8 Washers - $2

Total - $54!

dang man...im sooo sorry....i guess everyones subaru differes.....what year is yours....or better yet, where do you live.

temperature play a big role in the rusting process

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

Heh, my dream home would include a nice garage with lots of space for tools! Unfortunately, I am in a condo and I don't have tons of space but I do have storage. You should see the area in front of my parking space - two 350z rims, hose/cleaning equipment, mountainbike, tire air compressor, etc. Might go and try to get into the machine shop at my alma mater and borrow their compressor and air tools.

nice. My dad thought it through when he built our house. 3 car garage with real high ceilings and rather than just putting flooring for the 2nd floor above he had Ibeams run across it. We used to have an antique wooden boat and we could hang it in the garage so we could paint and work on it off the trailer. Can also pull an engine out of a car with the I hooks in the ceiling with the winch

dang man...im sooo sorry....i guess everyones subaru differes.....what year is yours....or better yet, where do you live.

temperature play a big role in the rusting process

It is an 05' and I live in Washington DC, the freaking capital of humidity! Great idea to build a city in the middle of what used to be a swamp. Probably why it is so rusted out.

nice. My dad thought it through when he built our house. 3 car garage with real high ceilings and rather than just putting flooring for the 2nd floor above he had Ibeams run across it. We used to have an antique wooden boat and we could hang it in the garage so we could paint and work on it off the trailer. Can also pull an engine out of a car with the I hooks in the ceiling with the winch

My dream home will be fairly modest but will have a huge garage that is probably the same size as the house with a pit, air lines, and every tool imaginable. Sounds like you have a great setup with the ibeams overhead. I am trying to convince my father to restore a classic car after he retires and building the perfect garage will be half of the fun.

My dream home will be fairly modest but will have a huge garage that is probably the same size as the house with a pit, air lines, and every tool imaginable. Sounds like you have a great setup with the ibeams overhead. I am trying to convince my father to restore a classic car after he retires and building the perfect garage will be half of the fun.

Yeah ive got the super life plan already. Plan on getting 20+ acres building big ass workshop garage with an apartment above it, then when I have family/kids build house maube 4500 sq. ft with 3 car attached garage. Detached garage will hopefully be 4 car and 2 deep, one bay closed off from the rest with a lift or pit. that way I can spray in there with out getting over spray on all my stuff

and I think im going to try the mod next weekend Im home in CT...

Wait...... oddseth......, and everyone else........where do you buy your washers??????? 2 dollars?????! thats ****** expensive

Hehe Home Depot - got the galvanized stainless and I bought a few extras which is why they were so expensive.

CTATV - don't forget to include a 3/4 mi test track around your property to test drive your new upgrades.

Hehe Home Depot - got the galvanized stainless and I bought a few extras which is why they were so expensive.

CTATV - don't forget to include a 3/4 mi test track around your property to test drive your new upgrades.

hahahaha, I was gonna say what hell, cuz I bought 16 at the auto parts store I used to work at for 6 cents each, all came out to 78 cents with tax....

when you said 2 dollars I was ready to drop my huevos

Mine started to make weird pssf sounds which anyone around my car would know its bad exaust leak like the 80's civic. I compared my sound to the hogzaust's original video post.

His has a nice deep rumble while mine has some high pitch pssff. When I first went to the hogzaust stage 2, it was fine. What could have caused it?

did you take the gaskets off? If they broke loose, they could be acting like a reed and vibrating...

are you still Stage 2? 2 seems to be the sweet spot...if not, revert to stage 2.

I just can't imagine it ever changing - mines been 1.5 years, and still sounds the same as day 1.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Mine started to make weird pssf sounds which anyone around my car would know its bad exaust leak like the 80's civic. I compared my sound to the hogzaust's original video post.

His has a nice deep rumble while mine has some high pitch pssff. When I first went to the hogzaust stage 2, it was fine. What could have caused it?

yea hogmeat is right, take off the gas-quettes(hahaha)...sounds french, anyway

luckily mine were rusted on their so much that I'd need to scrape em off...so i left em thinking the day they came loose I'de take em off

I bow to the maker of hogzaust... WOW... I was sceptical, but I just did it this evening and I cant stop grinning... It sounds amazing! And the girlfriend even likes it... Thats a huge bonus right there :)

Mad props to you hogmeat! Thanks for the best $2 mod in the world!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.