LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea guys, the muffler is only made to suppress the sound that escapes from the engine, kinda like the suppressor for the air box(resonator)

technically, if the area you lived in didn't care about loud noises...like really loud noises, you could get by with putting rrreeaalllyy long chrome tips on the y pipes, and have sound like a f'kin tuned up mustang that had an H pipe replace its old exhaust with no converter.....it sound so nice

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

hey guys just put up a new vid. you can really hear the sound real good on this one, not so good when I put it right under the flange, but when its behind the car it sounds awsome, listen up, and turn up the volume

Nice vid! 1,000,000x better! Love the undercar shot.

Did you remove your gaskets? It looks like I see a gasket in there, but may be mistaken. They should be removed.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

yea guys, the muffler is only made to suppress the sound that escapes from the engine, kinda like the suppressor for the air box(resonator)

technically, if the area you lived in didn't care about loud noises...like really loud noises, you could get by with putting rrreeaalllyy long chrome tips on the y pipes, and have sound like a f'kin tuned up mustang that had an H pipe replace its old exhaust with no converter.....it sound so nice

Been there, done that. Had muffler deletes on the LGT - too loud. Made my neck hurt. Cool though.:wub:

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

hahaha, neck hurt, hahaha tru that

I kinda had to leave the gaksets there cuz it looked, and felt like they got melted on, i tried to scrape em off but

it would have taken a good 30 mins to scrape em off without unevening the flange surface, but one of these weekends that I have free, im gonna take the whole day to get new ones to have in storage and brush these off somehow,

i just wanted to make the video and see how it came out but yea nice eye hog

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

I noticed some people wanted a more professional product out of this.

I was thinking about it, and wouldn't be easy to get a 2.25 exhaust flange and either cut it in half or cut our a section? Then you could just bolt it on have particular portions seal up well.

You could then perfect control of the direction.

I think it'd add to the cost significantly but would be more controlled.

You must not have read through the whole thread. It's been done.

Some have used stranded wire (run across the top of the opening and wrapped around the bolts), one has used home-made metal pieces cut like the gasket with the bottom cut out. Both direct the exhaust pulses downwards to avoid possible droning at highway speeds (caused by the exhaust pulses projected upwards towards the cabin).

I suppose we can forgive you for not reading all 1600+ posts.

You must not have read through the whole thread. It's been done.

Some have used stranded wire (run across the top of the opening and wrapped around the bolts), one has used home-made metal pieces cut like the gasket with the bottom cut out. Both direct the exhaust pulses downwards to avoid possible droning at highway speeds (caused by the exhaust pulses projected upwards towards the cabin).

I suppose we can forgive you for not reading all 1600+ posts.

I actually saw the pic of the crafted copper wire.

I did read through the posts. It just seemed a cleaner way to do it and was providing an alternative.

You could take a torch to it and heat it up and try then. Heat the nut evenly till it's almost glowing and have it with your wrench.

Remember to wear something like welding gloves.

It sometimes works. The nut will expand slightly more than the bolt and will loosen it very slightly.

I had to use this method a lot on my DSM (A LOT).

I actually saw the pic of the crafted copper wire.

I did read through the posts. It just seemed a cleaner way to do it and was providing an alternative.

You could be right. The home-made flange required access to machine shop tools, so your alternative might be perfect.

... and congrats on reading all those posts!

You could be right. The home-made flange required access to machine shop tools, so your alternative might be perfect.

... and congrats on reading all those posts!

Not working at work FTW hahaa

I think it took me a good hour or two to surf through--a lot of the posts are pwnage posts.

stop rounding the nut. get an impact. go to an exhaust stop - say you want them to get the bolts off and replace wiht new hardware. They shouldn't charge more than $20...then you have no headache, plus new hardware that won't rust shut (with SS)

I've tried just about everything to get these damn bolts off....... Spray liquid wrench on it wait for a while beat on it with a hammer. Now the damn nut is starting to round off. and my neck hurts from being in funny positions ha this sucks

aaahaahaahaaa, same here buddy, i did my mod 2 days ago now, and I still got pains in my neck,. yhahaha, .... im surprised that ur nuts haved dropped yet, j/k,

i began to strip me left muffler nut, then I tried the other approach, i put the socket wrench(14mm) on the head of the bolt, and held the nut with an open mouth wrench (14mm) and thats how my last two came off.......considerably easier than using the socket wrench on the nut itself.....

if you live near me I'll do it for you, no charge

You could take a torch to it and heat it up and try then. Heat the nut evenly till it's almost glowing and have it with your wrench.

where is the fuel tank during all this torching??

hahahaha right on top of you, hahahaha>>

KKKAAAAABBBOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD D#@* IT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

F@*^, SH*!, MOTHERF@#*!^!!!:lol:

I went to a garage and had them torch the bolts out of there and replace the hardware. Cost me 6 dollars haha. Twas a good idea indeed. oh and they asked why I needed them replaced and I was too embarrassed to tell them I was going to put washers in there to make it sound better haha.

yah, I tried that type of thing too. I think TOO MUCH air is escaping - creating the WHOOOOOOOOSH noise. I think 2 is the magical number - lets the sound out, but not too much air volume.

3 is OK - but still a little whoooshy.

2 thick ones work great for me!