LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

it varies from state to state. better to know your rights and what's acceptable prior to an incident, lest you find yourself where the perps should be (in federal-pound-me-in-the-***-prison on weapons violations)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soooo........ uhhhhh....... updates on the letter or a response from SOA? :iam: Anyone mail in a version to the local people they know or did we just stick with the one e- mail? Just curious... :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

//As far as the use of deadly force, which included brandishing your gun, California's law basically states you can only use the same amount of force that the bad guy is using. If a guy attacks you by bitch slapping you, you cannot shoot him or even draw your weapon. All you can do is bitch slap him back. If someone threatens to kill you with a gun, then you can shoot him. Of course if you decide to use a gun, you absolutely must make sure the guy doesn't live to tell his side of the story. //

Why is that?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just got back from NYC. The car was recovered, but I dont know what the condition is yet. My Ins Co said they were going to write it off as a total loss.

:confused::iam: I'm confused now... I thought as of a week ago or more they were writing it off as a total loss AKA: totalled... hmmm... updates from panama?

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Is it pretty bad? Or did they just take some stuff off of it? How the hell was it recovered? When you get the chance, I know we'd all like to hear the story. Hope everything continues to work out for you buddy! :) Glad you're ok with the solution, but we would have loved to have you as our posterchild and get one of the first '07's! :D

^^ I've heard that some homeowners were sued for injuring a thief/robber for breaking and entering....wtf??!!!

The laws covering use of deadly force vary by state, and are often interpreted differently by different Prosecutors. Internet lore mentions cases like above, but the only one I've ever seen documented was in the UK. Most states have what are generally termed "Castle Laws," as in, "A home is a Castle." For example, even the People's Republic of Massachusetts has a law which states:

In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall be no duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.

- Massachusetts General Laws c. 278, § 8A

Courts and juries in general are extremely unsympathetic to people who break into houses. But if you are a firearm owner, writing something like

Of course if you decide to use a gun, you absolutely must make sure the guy doesn't live to tell his side of the story.

could be used by a Prosecutor to show that you had prior intention to shoot and kill someone, rather than use "reasonable means." I know plenty of soldiers who have had to kill - or be killed - and would having to do so again at almost any cost. Lights, locks, and dogs are better choices.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Hey Komani (lol im sorry i suck at spelling) just want to give you an update. They got all 4 of them. I'm guessing the other two that went down didn't want to be a part of it, and they didnt bring them in? The gun they pulled out on us was a .357 Magnum and wasn't a BB gun.

Hey all,

We have response from Subaru!!!

I've been asked to give panamajack the email of the marketing/PR person so that he can contact them about what they can do. In short, the email was very positive towards our request and are considering how to help ourt Bayano.They have asked to deal with him personally from now on due to the privacy they want when dealing with customers.

I've been asked not to post the email onto the boards, and I think that is a fair request given that they are going to try and help him out (I think whether or not the car is a total loss).

Panamajack, I'm sending you a PM with the information for the woman you need to contact

Seriously, the response letter was about the length of our original mail if not longer. I'm very impressed.

-Christian

Yeah the response was very lengthy and sincere. Too bad I can't post it, but you guys should know that the effort that went into reaching out suceeded. I will let you know what happens, until then be aware of your surroundings gentlemen.

Hey all,

We have response from Subaru!!!

I've been asked to give panamajack the email of the marketing/PR person so that he can contact them about what they can do. In short, the email was very positive towards our request and are considering how to help ourt Bayano.They have asked to deal with him personally from now on due to the privacy they want when dealing with customers.

I've been asked not to post the email onto the boards, and I think that is a fair request given that they are going to try and help him out (I think whether or not the car is a total loss).

Panamajack, I'm sending you a PM with the information for the woman you need to contact

Seriously, the response letter was about the length of our original mail if not longer. I'm very impressed.

-Christian

DAMN, that is totally off the hook. :):icon_tong

I love my car ... basically.

That is great. It is aweosme to see SOA step up to the plate for both him and the Legacy community. A good review might force me to get the new 2007 !!!

I guess it is not too far fetched to say that SOA has found this thread now. Hopefully they will see our dedication to Subarus and to the Legacy community.

Hey Komani (lol im sorry i suck at spelling) just want to give you an update. They got all 4 of them. I'm guessing the other two that went down didn't want to be a part of it, and they didnt bring them in? The gun they pulled out on us was a .357 Magnum and wasn't a BB gun.

More info or a link to another thread somewhere on this?

AWESOME to hear the positive response! :D Well written busski and everyone else!!!I honestly can't believe it... I know we all had high hopes, but for Subaru to respond, positively, quickly, and sincerely, just blows me away. :) From all of our product request/improvement e-mails we send I didn't really know what to expect for something like this.;)

Panama- Any more updates on the car? Is it driveable? How bad was it? :confused: Hope something gets worked out for you buddy! :)

Archived