LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

It might be painful to think about, but if you could give more details about how they approached the car, where the gun was, and what you would do differently next time, it might be helpful to others.

Would a gun have helped? You'd have to be more ready than they were and that's seldom easy. Having that Remington 870P at the ready seems to be frowned on by the authorities.....

They make 60-80 Legacys an hour and you're unhurt, so that's good.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Camani (i dont think i spelt that right) this is gerald. the guy with the black integra that was with you when all this shit happen. I got a hold of "bill gates" number. I'm gonna try and give him a call if those guys who took the car actually rode with him. If they did lets hope he can remember what he looks like.

They make 60-80 Legacys an hour and you're unhurt, so that's good.

But that one was his!

You have a point but it dose not take the sting out of it.

This is my Legacy.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE.

My Legacy is my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.

My Legacy without me is useless. Without my Legacy, I am useless.

I must Drive my Legacy true.

I must drive straighter than my enemy who is trying to pass me.

I must smoke him before he pass me. I will...

My legacy and myself know that what counts in war is not the fuel we burn,

the noise of our exhust, nor the smoke we make.

We know it is the boost that counts. We will hit...

My Legacy is human, even as I, because it is my life.

Thus, I will learn it as a brother.

I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories,

its turbine, and its suspension.

I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage.

I will keep my Legacy clean and ready, even as I am somtimes clean and ready.

We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God I swear this creed.

A little poem to fallen the Legacies...

it's almost impossible to get a concealed weapons permit in California...even with a firearm, how many of us are able to really pull the trigger when we are the ones being jacked?? (shooting someone is different than shooting at a target)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

Hey Panama it's Frank I think I met you up there i was the one in the miata, when my car ran out of juice half way up the run. Man sucks to hear that shit, I can't beleive that they would do something like that. Did you get an ID on the guys or what they were driving? My condolences to you my friend.

Hey Panama it's Frank I think I met you up there i was the one in the miata, when my car ran out of juice half way up the run. Man sucks to hear that shit, I can't beleive that they would do something like that. Did you get an ID on the guys or what they were driving? My condolences to you my friend.

OT:

Hey Frank...do you ever play FFXI?

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Thier is a way to get a permit, but not sure I should be putting that up on the internet. And I am in the military so shooting at poeple is what every body I know always talks about. a friend of mine cut some pour iraqi in half with a heavy machine gun about a year ago. But serious ly insurance will come through and a newer better one will soon be in the drive way.

Hey Kamani

It's Benny

I just caught wind of this and I kept my fingers crossed that it wasn't you. I am so sorry.

I'd go up there strapped from now on except I don't have one... let me know if there is anything I can do for ya

No car or property is worth risking your life over. Or killing someone. This is what the insurance is for.

Don't buy cheap insurance that only covers the minimum. Get the Gap insurace, get the low deductable.

When my car got stolen, it was just an excuse for me to get a new car. And I got mine stolen while I was working 12 hour second job over night after full 10 hour day at my day job. Nothing like working 22 hours just to earn another $200 and to have the car gone. But I was insured up-to the gills. So it didn't hurt much. I was just praying they total it.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just got back from NYC. The car was recovered, but I dont know what the condition is yet. My Ins Co said they were going to write it off as a total loss. I want my stuff off of my car if its still there though. Any suggestions?

They have some people for me to ID also. I will let you guys know whats up. Gerald did they find your car too? I'm still comming to the meet somehow. Maybe I will have another car by then. Who knows.

It's too hot for this.

Thanks again guys.

I've got an idea. How about one of us try and get in contact with the folks over at SOA's marketing department. I know they just appointed a new director of marketing, guy by the name of Tim Mahoney. They're always itching for good press.

We tell them the story about the jacked car, the insurance loss, and ask them if we can get you to be the first "official" delivery of an '07 GT or Spec. B (at a great price of course). They get some good Karma from the LGT.com'ers and the subie community, and you get a truly awful experience turned into a good one (ie. the only 07 LGT on the road for a while.)

-C

PS- I'd have to say getting a weapon as protection sounds like a pretty good way to have your car-jacking experience turn into something far far worse. This coming from a guy whose friend (UCBerkeley grad.) just got 20-40 for a road-rage disagreement gone horrible wrong. Kid had never even been in a bar fight before, never even had a speeding ticked. Had his fishing knife in his pocket and when things got rough, he made one stupid decision and now he's going to spend a long time away from his wife of 6 months.

I've got a buddy who's in marketing, and will know exactly what to say, so let me check with him tomorrow. I'll put together a good email/letter, and post it here tomorrow/tuesday.

I think the best way to do this would be to get a name/email address for a SOA marketing/PR person thhat somemone has had a personal relationship (no not that kind). If any of you guys have been at an SOA event and pulled a business card, drop a line.

Let's go fishing for a SOA PR Flak.

-Christian

Whoever is taking point on this, let the rest of us know what we can do to facilitate this happening.

We are a diverse group with diverse talents and skills. :lol:

I think we'll need a couple of things. First, I've got to write up a draft letter/ request for assistance.

Second: A couple of rounds of edits here on the boards

Third: We need a couple of people we can talk to at SOA, so round up your contacts and see who can get us in touch with a sympathetic person at SOA. So far we've got a line on the regional sales manager at SOA, which might just be perfect. The more the merrier, on this front I say

Fourth: Who has stamps? :)

Maybe Fifth: If we get someone who cares, maybe we'll try and get all the LGT'ers and the Nastycocks to write in as many emails as they can to SOA so they can see how many of us there are that have panamajack's back.

Any other suggestions?

I be Ph.D student too, but with crap attention to detail, so let's edit this sucker. Oh wait, let me write a letter first.

Hey Panama Jack, seriously what are you interested in? What's your perfect scenario replacement for your LGT? White '07 LGT Wagon 5MT with STi tranny, engine block, suspension? ;)

Archived