LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm late to the game... but, I think what you guys are planning is the best idea I've seen in a long time. :D I'm down for the board edits, my undergrad is in Marketing so I have a bit of the "this is what makes it work" eye in me.

panamajack: I don't know what to say but I feel for you buddy. :( I couldn't descibe the feelings I'd have if someone stole my car. I'm hoping for the best on this and anything you need just let the board know. :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

[hijack] I love it up here. Born and raised right around UW/Greenlake area! I've heard of that meet, where's it held? You run track or ran track or just a track fan? :D You up here often?[/hijack]

So where's the letter!!!??? :lol: j/k! Look forward to seeing how this starts to come together... :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

All right guys, here is draft one of the letter. Take your literary chainsaws to it and let's make it better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 5, 2006

Tim Mahoney

2235 Marlton Pike W.

Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

(856) 488-7642

Dear Tim Mahoney,

Subject: LegacyGT.com member's car-jacking

I would like to draw your attention to an unfortunate incident that happened to a member of the Subaru community. Last week, an involved and committed member of the Legacy Owners Association had his 2005 Subaru Legacy GT stolen at gunpoint while on a mountain drive on Glendora Mountain Road in the San Gabriel hills outside of LA. The road is quite popular for weekend drives and has unfortunately become a target for local car thieves.

The car was later recovered, but has been written off by his insurance company as a total loss. The member had made a significant investment in modifying his Legacy, including, but not limited to the following items:

Megan Racing coilovers

Carbon Fiber Dash kit

ARC carbon fiber hood scoop garnish (RARE)

Cusco strut tower bar

Perrin front and rear sway bars

Black JDM aero splash guards

WORK Emotion Gunmetal 18x7.5 Wheels

The total investment in his car has been over $30,000, and he is now in the unenviable position of having to find a replacement and rebuild a car similar to that which was stolen.

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. We have been trying to think of ways to help him out, and we would like to ask Subaru of America for assistance.

We believe that the team at SOA might be able to help make what was a truly horrible experience somewhat less painful. In our discussions online regarding this issue, a suggestion was made that perhaps the member who had his vehicle stolen might be able to purchase of one of the first 2007 Subaru Legacy GTs or Spec. Bs at the employee purchase price. While this may not be standard operating procedure, it would be a gesture from SOA that would go a long way to mitigating some of the trauma that comes with having one’s car stolen at gunpoint.

The cost to Subaru would be minimal, but the good will and positive publicity that would come from the owner, the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

If you have any questions, Christian Buss is coordinating on behalf of the Legacy Owners Association. He can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX or christian.buss@XXXX.com.

Respectfully,

The Members of the Subaru Legacy Owners Association

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I just got back from NYC. The car was recovered, but I dont know what the condition is yet. My Ins Co said they were going to write it off as a total loss. I want my stuff off of my car if its still there though. Any suggestions?

They have some people for me to ID also. I will let you guys know whats up. Gerald did they find your car too? I'm still comming to the meet somehow. Maybe I will have another car by then. Who knows.

It's too hot for this.

Thanks again guys.

Glad they found your car man! They haven't found mine yet. My car had a salvage title so I don't know what's going to happen. I guess on the bright side I'm looking for a newer used car. lol

heights,

A truly fantastic job. I'm very impressed. I think you may be right about downplaying the mods, but I think the flow still works if we remove the details.

Thanks much for the effort. I think heights' version should be the baseline going forward.

-C

Here's another pass with the mods removed. I think it works pretty well, but put in you $0.02.

----------------------------------

Dear Mr. Mahoney,

RE: LegacyGT.com member's car-jacking experience

I would like to draw your attention to an unfortunate incident that happened to a member of the Subaru community. Last week, an involved and committed member of Legacygt.com (a substantial and passionate group of legacy and outback enthusiasts of all model years) had his 2005 Subaru Legacy GT stolen at gunpoint on Glendora Mountain Road in the San Gabriel hills outside of Los Angeles. He was as you can imagine, shaken up by this experience and thankful that no bodily harm befell him. This road has been quite popular for weekend drives and has until now been enjoyed by many local Legacy and WRX owners. Based on this incident and others that have happened since, it has apparently become a target for local car thieves.

The car was later recovered, but it has been written off by his insurance company as a total loss. Indicative of the love he has for his Legacy, this member had made a significant investment in modifying his car. The total investment has been over $30,000, and he is now in the unenviable position of having to find a replacement and rebuild a car similar to that which was stolen.

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. We have been trying to think of ways to help him out, and we would like to ask Subaru of America for assistance in this endeavor.

We were hoping that SOA might be able to help make what was a truly horrible experience somewhat less painful for this member. In our online discussions regarding this issue, one suggestion that received an enthusiastic response was that this member might be given the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2007 Subaru Legacy GTs or Spec. Bs at the employee purchase price. While we recognize that this may not be a standard operating procedure, it would represent a significant gesture from SOA that would go a long way towards mitigating some of the trauma that comes with having one’s car stolen in a life-threatening situation.

We feel that the cost to Subaru would be minimal compared to the good will and positive publicity that would come from helping the owner. The gratitude that the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (another enthusiast group who has become concerned with this unfortunate event) would feel towards SOA would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

If you have any questions, Christian Buss is coordinating this effort on behalf of the Legacy Owners Association. He can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX or christian.buss@XXXX.com.

Respectfully,

The Members of the Subaru Legacy Owners Association

---------------------------------

take personal emotion out of parts of the letter - e.g.

"We
feel
that the cost to Subaru..." should read "We
thought
that the cost to Subaru...".

It comes across in a more professional manner - emotion should be limited to outrage for the act and our willingness to help in some way, not our opinion of the cost to Subaru.

Archived