LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

In California, the moment you draw your weapon, that shows your intent on using deadly force. Doesn't matter if you fire the gun or not, it is treated the same way. If the bad guy didn't show an intent to kill you, you can be prosecuted. This has happen before.

Standard self defensive rule for civilians and law enforcement is you keep shooting until the threat is no longer a threat. As long as the guy is still alive, he is a threat. Wounding someone is never an option because it shows that use of deadly force is not necessary. I have been told this many time by my friends in law enforcement including a chief of police.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job on the letter, guys. Very nice. I hope everything works out for ya, PJ.

I'm interested in the condition of your car....are you still planning on posting photos of it?

Standard self defensive rule for civilians and law enforcement is you keep shooting until the threat is no longer a threat. As long as the guy is still alive, he is a threat.

:icon_neut ...so if you are not sure if he/she is dead, you should just unload another clip??

In Taiwan now...:spin:

In the heat of the fight, you will pretty much shoot till the gun is dry or he hits the ground. It's foolish to fire one round and wait to see if he's still alive. Unless you hit the spinal cord, even a direct heart shot, the guy is still alive for another 20 seconds.

More info or a link to another thread somewhere on this?

There was a lengthy thread on honda-tech.com but it was deleted by request. We didn't know if the theifs were reading it. I called up the detective and he told me directly. The only thing left from my car is my rims and my bucket seat :( but on a bright side I got a subaru wrx. :lol:

panamajack, (im just gonna go by your username because i cant spell your name lol) did the detective ask you to come in and look at more "6-packs"?

^ What happened to your car in the end? :confused: I take it that it was in somewhat decent condition since it wasn't totaled? What was the damage? We're dying to know what the background story on getting it back was!!! :D Throw us a bone! :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

UM...yeah.. Is the story being withheld for investigation reasons?

How was it recovered? Where was it recovered? When was it recovered?

what condition is it in? Was it driveable?

PLEASE TELL.....what is SOA going to do? 500 in subaru bucks?

Sorry guys lost internet connection at home for awhile. The car is basicly a shell. They took everything from the motor to the suspension. The cops only recovered what I mentioned in my pervious post.

Am I going to get it back? I could get it back but I don't really feel like paying for the storage fee, plus I don't have room to park a shell. If anyone is intrested in an integra shell i'll let them have it for free, you'd just have to pay for the storage fee and i'll give you the title.

Also the guys who stole are cars are looking at jail time for life. This was there 3rd strike. I think for life, I don't really remember. All I know is they're going to jail for a long time.

Also the guys who stole are cars are looking at jail time for life. This was there 3rd strike. I think for life, I don't really remember. All I know is they're going to jail for a long time.

Good to hear, bastards got what was coming to them. Only bad part is now all our tax money is paying to feed these bastards.:icon_mad: At least they're off the streets and none of you guys were hurt.

Car was found in a parking lot. There was damage done, but it was only cosmetic. I have to get a full inspection because my tires were torn up in the front. I just got my clutch replaced, but I want another now.

So, my car is in the shop now. I am happy its back.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bring up an old thread, but does anyone have panamajack's number? Seeing how I lost it. I need to get in contact with him before Tuesday morning, it's quiet urgent. I already PM'd him, but seeing his recent activity was on the 5th I doubt he'll get my message in time. If you don't feel comfortable in giving his number to me, give him a call and tell him to check his messages on the forum.

Any help would be apperciated. Thanks in advance!

-Gerald

Sorry for bring up an old thread, but does anyone have panamajack's number? Seeing how I lost it. I need to get in contact with him before Tuesday morning, it's quiet urgent. I already PM'd him, but seeing his recent activity was on the 5th I doubt he'll get my message in time. If you don't feel comfortable in giving his number to me, give him a call and tell him to check his messages on the forum.

Any help would be apperciated. Thanks in advance!

-Gerald

After you've read, replied, responded, and/or facilitated the above post. What's the update on PJ's situation?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Car was found in a parking lot. There was damage done, but it was only cosmetic. I have to get a full inspection because my tires were torn up in the front. I just got my clutch replaced, but I want another now.

Glad to hear it was found. That still sucks though

So what's the status on the ride man??

:munch:

In California, the moment you draw your weapon, that shows your intent on using deadly force. Doesn't matter if you fire the gun or not, it is treated the same way. If the bad guy didn't show an intent to kill you, you can be prosecuted. This has happen before.

Standard self defensive rule for civilians and law enforcement is you keep shooting until the threat is no longer a threat. As long as the guy is still alive, he is a threat. Wounding someone is never an option because it shows that use of deadly force is not necessary. I have been told this many time by my friends in law enforcement including a chief of police.

I call BS on that. Bet you can't demonstrate support for the idea in any LEO training program. It is not germane that someone is a "potential threat" - but on whether or not they resist. Once they are incapacitated, there is no further need for deadly force.

BTW a soldier who is "hors de combat," cannot be attacked. If you applied your stated guideline as a soldier you would be in "grave breach" of the Geneva Conventions.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

^^^ Awwww... not again?!?!?! :( How about another thread for the self defense thing? No offense! Just want to keep it on track this time and see what ends up happening to Panama's car situation in the end is all. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 6 months later...

Archived