LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

i go to gmr regularly..and i think i have some info on what happened!! I have a ford probe gt,,,,I meet you once so if i see you get at me. But Ironically the next day i found a New Pellet gun package on the ground!!! It was a real looking gun too i have the instruction book and all...So just a heads up..I heard it was a dude in a black civic!!

what? So you think he was held up with a pellet gun because you found the box to a pellet gun the next day? Please provide more details.

you need to clarify yourself.

EDIT: I took out my oddball comments, I was in a weird mood... sorry all

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not say they could not have held him up with a pellet gun. Chances are they did... or those new replica air guns that look very real. I was just trying to say that the box could have been from anything or anyone, but yes I guess it could be linked to the car jacking. I did not mean harm by my comment, I honestly was just trying to make sense of the post.

So the letter is out via email. I like the suggestion of sending a hard copy as well, so I will do that once I'm back at the office.

Thanks for all of your help with this, guys. You are fantastic.

-c-

So the letter is out via email. I like the suggestion of sending a hard copy as well, so I will do that once I'm back at the office.

Thanks for all of your help with this, guys. You are fantastic.

-c-

no, thank you. You did a very good job writing this. I am excited to hear the response.

I am going to have to :whore: that as well.

I can't wait to see how SOA responds.

+1 again... BUT... I hope this doesn't just get sent to their "product development team" like all our other requests. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Damn a pellet gun. Better safe then sorry. Wont matter in court though. I still have not heard the condition on my car yet. The popos are holding it for finger prints. I am tired of driving the Element.

Yeah it was a black civic with green neons.

:whore: No reason to second guess. Those damn pellet guns look real. Especially at night. I woulda done what you did. Not worth risking your life over a car. Just good to see that you are safe and in good spirits. Those fools will get what's coming to them. Karma is a bitch!!:icon_mad:
You did the right thing Bayano, better safe than sorry. And yes, regardless of whether it was a real gun or a pellet gun, they will still be charged like it was a real weapon.

And if SOA doesn't help out, maybe we could take up a collection towards a SIG P239?

Damn, that is a sexy gun. :icon_bigg

After hearing all this, im debating whether i need to put a firearm in the car. :( My dad carries a Walther PPK in his truck (james bond's gun baby :icon_tong) at all times. Soo well see.

I love my car ... basically.

whoa.. just drove up gmr from mt baldy yesterday. people told me about this at the meet. =(

hmm, i have had a friend's friend's black integra jacked up there. there was 4 mexicans in a van(or small suv) held that guy at gun point. and i called my friends who go on the gmr on a weekly basis and they all say its quite often that people get jacked up there. so.. be careful, and crash into them if u have to in order to break away. =D

Here's the deal on CCW's in California. If you are in most metropolitan areas, forget it. Orange County is the only big county that will sign off on CCW. Most city PD will not sign off on a CCW. However many County Sheriffs will sign off on a CCW. You still need to go to your local PD first. Many counties in California will issue CCW. Some Sheriffs have a Shall-issue policy. Which is, if you live in that county and apply for a permit after taking a CCW class, a CCW will be issued to you.

As far as the use of deadly force, which included brandishing your gun, California's law basically states you can only use the same amount of force that the bad guy is using. If a guy attacks you by bitch slapping you, you cannot shoot him or even draw your weapon. All you can do is bitch slap him back. If someone threatens to kill you with a gun, then you can shoot him. Of course if you decide to use a gun, you absolutely must make sure the guy doesn't live to tell his side of the story.

While property can always be replaced, you never know what the bad guy is going to do. Many people have been shot in a car jack even though they fully cooperated. A CCW without the proper training and the right mindset is useless also. The moment you decide to use deadly force on an armed attacker, you have less than 2 seconds to draw the gun and shoot the attacker. Any hesitation or second thoughts will result in you getting shot.

The first rule in using deadly force is don't put yourself in a situation where you need to resort to deadly force. Your instincts are usually right. If something doesn't seem right, get the hell out of dodge. It also gives you a really good excuse to practice e-brake U turns and J turns.

I was under the impression that you can use deadly force only to protect your life, not to protect property. One exception is arson (someone trying to set an occupied building on fire).

You have to have a very good case that your life was in jeopardy to warrant the use of deadly force, and that includes shooting the perp in the foot or shoulder (like you are just winging him).

Your life can be threatened by a baseball bat, a knife, I've even heard of a guy robbing places with a syringe he said was infected with HIV, that was considered assault with a deadly weapon in his trial (he is currently being raped in prison).

Of course, I'm not an attorney, and I don't even play one on TV, so :iam:

Archived