LegacyGT.com

I Got Car Jacked!!! (not a joke)

panamajack

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would add a line about the great anticipation for the 2007 LGT, and how we are waiting to review the vehicle... etc etc.

I would talk-up the 07 LGT a little somehow and make it seem like having an 07 LGT member on the board might = more sales of the 07 LGT. But don't be pushy either, just slip it in using few words.

I don't really know how this will fly.... just because this stuff happens all the time (that is how they will see it). BUT, if you are just asking for employee pricing that might not too hard to fathom.

Hey bro,

Don't forget to check this thread and update your status with HKC-Speed on the eyelines:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35632&page=5&highlight=eyelines

HKC-Speed is awaiting your confirmation - but I don't think that, in light of what's happened to you, that you'd still be interested in the GB?

Punk carjackers! :mad:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

OK, I have made some changes. I think we are getting close. If people could take one quick look at it before we get ready to submit, I would appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Mahoney,

RE: LegacyGT.com member's car-jacking experience

I would like to draw your attention to an unfortunate incident that happened to a member of the Subaru community. Last week, an involved and committed member of Legacygt.com (a substantial and passionate group of legacy and outback enthusiasts of all model years) had his 2005 Subaru Legacy GT stolen at gunpoint on Glendora Mountain Road in the San Gabriel hills outside of Los Angeles. He was, as you can imagine, shaken up by this experience and thankful that no bodily harm befell him. This road has been quite popular for weekend drives and has until now been enjoyed by many local Legacy and WRX owners. Based on this incident and others that have happened since, it has apparently become a target for local car thieves.

The car was later recovered, but it has been written off by his insurance company as a total loss. Indicative of the love he has for his Legacy, this member had made a significant investment in modifying his car. The total investment has been over $30,000, and he is now in the unenviable position of having to find a replacement and rebuild a car similar to that which was stolen.

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. We are particularly sympathetic given that this member is not only an enthusiastic Subaru owner, but is also one of the world’s top professional runners. He represented Panama in the 400 meter hurdles at the Athens Olympics in 2004, placing 5th, and was at one point ranked #2 in the world in the 400m hurdles.

We have therefore been trying to think of ways to help him out, and would like to ask Subaru of America for assistance in this endeavor. We are hoping that SOA might be able to help make what was a truly horrible experience somewhat less painful for this member. In our online discussions regarding this issue, one suggestion that received an enthusiastic response was that this member might be given the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2007 Subaru Legacy GTs or Spec. Bs at the employee purchase price. While we recognize that this may not be a standard operating procedure, it would represent a significant gesture from SOA that would go a long way towards mitigating some of the trauma that comes with having one’s car stolen in a life-threatening situation.

We think that the cost to Subaru would be minimal compared to the good will and positive publicity that would come from helping the owner. The gratitude that the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (another enthusiast group who has become concerned with this unfortunate event) would feel towards SOA would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

If you have any questions, Christian Buss is coordinating this effort on behalf of the Legacy Owners Association. He can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX or christian.buss@XXXX.com.

Respectfully,

The Members of the Subaru Legacy Owners Association

A couple of other questions. Who should we send this to? One person, or many? Taking votes now.

Here's the list of possibles

1) So Cal Subaru Area Rep.

2) Tim Mahoney new Marketing Manager for SOA

3) Mid atlantic SOA rep.

4) Lisa Fleming

Communications Manager

P: 856-488-5093

F: 856-488-3139 lfleming@subaru.com

5)Dominick Infante

Product Public Relations Manager

P: 856-488-8615

F: 856-488-3139

dinfante@subaru.com

6) Gerald Plante

Director

P: 856-488-3226

gplante@subaru.com

I'm with Heights; it should be sent to as many people as possible.

I'm starting to think that instead of saying that PJ modified his car it should be that he "personalized" his car. In that he took an already great car and made it his own. This way it would be less likely to be read as "he thought he could make the better car than you could". I know it's semantics, but they do count. Otherwise, I really like this.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Personalizing sounds great. Here's more changes (ah the joys of version control).

-C-

-----------------------------------

Dear Mr. Mahoney,

I would like to draw your attention to an unfortunate incident that happened to a member of the Subaru community. Last week, an involved and committed member of Legacygt.com (a substantial and passionate group of legacy and outback enthusiasts of all model years) had his 2005 Subaru Legacy GT stolen at gunpoint on Glendora Mountain Road in the San Gabriel hills outside of Los Angeles. He was, as you can imagine, shaken up by this experience and thankful that no bodily harm befell him. This road has been quite popular for weekend drives and has until now been enjoyed by many local Legacy and WRX owners. Based on this incident and others that have happened since, it has apparently become a target for local car thieves.

The car was later recovered, but it has been written off by his insurance company as a total loss. Indicative of the love he has for his Legacy, this member had made a significant investment in personalizing his car. The total investment has been over $30,000, and he is now in the unenviable position of having to find a replacement and rebuild a car similar to that which was stolen.

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. We are particularly sympathetic given that this member is not only an enthusiastic Subaru owner, but is also one of the world’s top professional runners. He represented Panama in the 400 meter hurdles at the Athens Olympics in 2004, placing 5th, and was at one point ranked #2 in the world in the 400m hurdles.

We have therefore been trying to think of ways to help him out, and would like to ask Subaru of America for assistance in this endeavor. We are hoping that SOA might be able to help make what was a truly horrible experience somewhat less painful for this member. In our online discussions regarding this issue, one suggestion that received an enthusiastic response was that this member might be given the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2007 Subaru Legacy GTs or Spec. Bs at the employee purchase price. While we recognize that this may not be a standard operating procedure, it would represent a significant gesture from SOA that would go a long way towards mitigating some of the trauma that comes with having one’s car stolen in a life-threatening situation.

We think that the cost to Subaru would be minimal compared to the good will and positive publicity that would come from helping the owner. The gratitude that the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (another enthusiast group who has become concerned with this unfortunate event) would feel towards SOA would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

If you have any questions, Christian Buss is coordinating this effort on behalf of the Legacy Owners Association. He can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX or christian.buss@XXXX.com.

Respectfully,

A couple of wording changes thanks to Heights suggestion:

Change in red:

--------------------

Dear Mr. Mahoney,

The car was later recovered, but it has been written off by his insurance company as a total loss. Indicative of the love he has for his Legacy, this member had made a significant investment in personalizing his car. The total investment has been over $30,000, and he is now in the unenviable position of having to find a replacement and rebuild a car similar to that which was stolen.

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. This member is particularly noteworthy not only as an enthusiastic Subaru owner, but also as one of the world’s top professional runners. He represented Panama in the 400 meter hurdles at the Athens Olympics in 2004, placing 5th, and was at one point ranked #2 in the world in the 400m hurdles.

Respectfully,

caption:

"what do the fastest athletes in the wolrd drive...SUBARU......"

they can put the guy on tv, tells his car jacking story, shows a little bit of him running, then at the end someone else says "only SUBARU quality, performance, and safety meet the high expectations of the world's top athletes" or something like that..

This Space For Rent

busski- Great job on this! My of my only recco's was what heights had you change. The "particularly sympathetic" to "particularly noteworthy" was perfect. In the last paragraph, again semantics here:

We think that the good will and positive publicity that would come from helping this owner would be exceptional. The gratitude that the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (another enthusiast group who has become concerned with this unfortunate event) would feel towards SOA would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the highly anticipated 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

I don't know, just a thougt. I left the cost part out as this isn't about money necessarily but more about good will towards a loyal owner and a great product that we are all excited to see and drive. Take what you will, just my .02 cents. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I don't know, just a thougt. I left the cost part out as this isn't about money necessarily but more about good will towards a loyal owner and a great product that we are all excited to see and drive. Take what you will, just my .02 cents. :)

Very good point. When this is sent and read, I'm sure that a bean counter somewhere would be asked to "run the numbers" anyways before a decision would be made.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Integrated the suggested changes:

-------

Dear Mr. Mahoney,

The members of the Legacy Owners Association at www.legacygt.com are a tight-knit group, and we are quite distraught that one of our own was assaulted and had his truly exceptional vehicle stolen. This member is particularly noteworthy not only as an enthusiastic Subaru owner, but also as one of the world’s top professional runners. He represented Panama in the 400 meter hurdles at the Athens Olympics in 2004, placing 5th, and was at one point ranked #2 in the world in the 400m hurdles.

We have therefore been trying to think of ways to help him out, and would like to ask Subaru of America for assistance in this endeavor. We are hoping that SOA might be able to help make what was a truly horrible experience somewhat less painful. In our online discussions regarding this issue, one suggestion that received an enthusiastic response was that this member might be given the opportunity to purchase one of the first 2007 Subaru Legacy GTs or Spec. Bs at the employee purchase price. While we recognize that this may not be a standard operating procedure, it would represent a significant gesture from SOA that would go a long way towards mitigating some of the trauma that comes with having one’s car stolen in a life-threatening situation.

We think that the good will and positive publicity that would come from helping this owner would be exceptional. The gratitude that the members of the Legacy Owner’s Association and the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club (another enthusiast group who has become concerned with this unfortunate event) would feel towards SOA would be immeasurable. We cannot think of a better product introduction for the highly anticipated 2007 Legacy GT and sincerely hope that you take our request under consideration.

Respectfully,

Thanks for taking my thoughts! Glad I could help out! Good point Tommy, I'm sure they'll crunch this one through. :D

As for letter or e-mail, what's PGT and some of the vendors (these being the people who know or have some of these connections) think is the best way to relate to these people? You guys have some experience with them I take it? I would e-mail just to get it to several people at once and that way they can all see who got it within their company at the same time. On the other hand, a letter is a tad more professional... group thoughts? :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Ok Guys,

I'm going to send these letters off today to the names I've got email for (I think email is just the more useful/quicker means of getting info. to SOA). For those who know regional managers (Mid-Atlantic, So-Cal). Can you do the honors of dropping off/sending letters to the guys you know?

PM me if you need my full contact info (or put your own).

-Christian

-Christian

So Lance survived cancer, and won 7 times in a row, and is a Subaru driver, so was he robbed at gunpoint for his Subaru? i think panamajack has a little 1 up on him. JK but seriously any god publisity is worth it so I think that Subaru may help out, the cost of a car to them is not that much, even if it was a Spec B.

I would send a hardcopy via mail (manila 8.5" x 11" envelope), and also send the email. In the email, make note that a hardcopy is also being sent...

Emails get lost easily... these guys get their inboxes filled up. A letter is a good reminder of the email they received a few days back. Just my .02

i go to gmr regularly..and i think i have some info on what happened!! I have a ford probe gt,,,,I meet you once so if i see you get at me. But Ironically the next day i found a New Pellet gun package on the ground!!! It was a real looking gun too i have the instruction book and all...So just a heads up..I heard it was a dude in a black civic!!

Archived