LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm so you think it is quieter then borla now?

The tips don't look any higher then the previous pictures. Maybe it is the angle. Is there any way that they will make a quiet muff and a agressive muff version?

I don't want it to sound like stock, ya can't even hear it hahaha.

The tips don't look any higher then the previous pictures. Maybe it is the angle. Is there any way that they will make a quiet muff and a agressive muff version?

It's definately higher. I think the measured gap from the top of the tips to the bumper cutout was over 2", now it's 1.5". Honestly, you can't go that much higher because the rear portion of the cutout tapers as you go upward. The outer part of the cutout flares open so it looks like there is more space, but as it is, there is only about 1/2"-3/4" of clearance from the sides of the tips to rearmost portion of the cutout sides. A round tip can be mounted higher because even a 4" melon shooter is smaller side to side than twin 2.25" tips.

As to the sound, it is just right. Quiet at idle and subdued at cruise, but makes a nice angry wail when you toe into it.

Deffinatly higher, I would like to see the vid's to hear the exhaust note. I am please with the outcome.

I wonder how Rear Exhaust Garnish from AVO would look with it (might bring things closer together for those wanting it to tuck a little more).

Curious as to how it sounds on a stock Legacy.

If I can find a stock DP to bolt up we'll find out. I'm not going to bother swapping back in the stock UP, since it doesn't make a difference in sound levels anyways.

looks great paul!!

i've spent soo much cash on my custom 3" catback to ditch for this...even tho i'd love to :lol:

300 bucks for eletric cutout

80bucks for resonator welded in

400bucks for 3" catback

anyways, does MR sell the mufflers(w/tips) only?

i'd be intersted if its 3" inlet

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

looks great paul!!

i've spent soo much cash on my custom 3" catback to ditch for this...even tho i'd love to :lol:

300 bucks for eletric cutout

80bucks for resonator welded in

400bucks for 3" catback

anyways, does MR sell the mufflers(w/tips) only?

i'd be intersted if its 3" inlet

Sorry. The system will be sold complete only.

+1 for the quiet and aggressive muffler options

i want in on the group buy now!!!

hell i'll start the list, lol

1)lookslikeanevo

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Alright, finally figured out how to transfer some vids from my phone... here they are.

First, stationary with all the windows open: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2mE6IGYCkU]YouTube - Megan Racing LGT catback. Stationary[/ame]

Second, a part throttle pull with the windows closed... I had to hold the phone and shift at the same time... sorry for not going WOT and the shakiness: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTnX_fGKpaY]YouTube - Megan Racing LGT catback. Part Throttle, windows closed[/ame]

Third, another part throttle pull through second and third with the driver's window open: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfHN7nIhbQU]YouTube - Megan Racing LGT catback. Part Throttle, windows open[/ame]

Enjoy! If you think it sounds loud... you probably have the volume up to high! :lol:

I know some like it' date=' but doesn't sound very ballsy.:rolleyes:[/quote']

Sound is very subjective depending on the person's taste. I heard it in person so I can say that it's not loud that it would wake up the entire neighborhood when you roll in but loud enough to be noticed. It has a very good low tone that compliments the boxer rumble.

Yeah cell phone clips are not exactly top quality. A video from the rear would allow you to hear the tone much clearer I would think.

Agreed.

From the rear would be good too. But for me I'd rather hear it from the cockpit since that's where i'll be.:icon_bigg

I'll try to post some better vid clips soon as well as some from behind the car.

For the guy who asked about jacking the car from the diff.... why? If you want a single jacking point at the rear, just use the tow hook that is right in the middle, below the rear bumper.

Archived