LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing's staggered quad tip catback. First pics and vid here!

Boostjunkie

even tho i am a red-headed NA step-child, the NAs do have 2 mufflers and a y; is the LGT exhaust different from the NA? it looks similiar in positioning and bends, but being new to all of this, i would rather get the straight skinny from those who know. i don't want to buy a system only to have it not fit, and the Hogzuast mod will not pass VA state inspection. any help would be appreciated.......the rickster.......

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even tho i am a red-headed NA step-child, the NAs do have 2 mufflers and a y; is the LGT exhaust different from the NA? it looks similiar in positioning and bends, but being new to all of this, i would rather get the straight skinny from those who know. i don't want to buy a system only to have it not fit, and the Hogzuast mod will not pass VA state inspection. any help would be appreciated.......the rickster.......

It will fit, but might not be a beneficial power mod for you. This exhaust was designed for the turbo cars and will likely be too big for the N/A cars, causing a loss of exhaust gas velocity and thus low-end power. It very well might not hurt, and will sound sweet, but you are on your own here.

thanks. in other words, if i were to stick to a small diameter exhaust tube, i would not suffer an excessive loss of back pressure and still get decent sound and many a few ponies to boot. sounds like i need to stick with a system that's closer to the OE pipe size. is there a significant copm ration difference between the 2 powerplants? or is the timing advanced farther by the stock pcm-----(hence the need for the super unleaded)?

It will fit, but might not be a beneficial power mod for you. This exhaust was designed for the turbo cars and will likely be too big for the N/A cars, causing a loss of exhaust gas velocity and thus low-end power. It very well might not hurt, and will sound sweet, but you are on your own here.

I really don't think going larger then factory after the cat will hurt NA performance. I really think you will only see gains!

Going with too large a header on a NA will result on lower torque at low rpms, but a catback is a different story.

Id it were my NA I wold have no problems putting it on as long as I fits!

BTW you would have no turbo to quiet the exhaust flow so on a NA car it might be significantly louder.

Damn! You guys are a bunch of vultures! Here's the best I could do today.

Vid here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqI_salYpZY]YouTube - Megan Racing LGT catback. Stationary 2[/ame]

Here are the pics from today:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/P1000515.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/P1000516.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Pisadong/P1000518.jpg

Since this is a catback that mates with the "OEM downpipe", it's pretty safe to guess that it'll mate up with any aftermarket downpipe that mates with OEM catback, right?? :D (trying to get a future set-up here :D)

A + B = B + C = A = C??...wait..wtf and I doing???...lol

u know what I mean, right? :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Since this is a catback that mates with the "OEM downpipe", it's pretty safe to guess that it'll mate up with any aftermarket downpipe that mates with OEM catback, right?? :D (trying to get a future set-up here :D)

A + B = B + C = A = C??...wait..wtf and I doing???...lol

u know what I mean, right? :D

My car has a Perrin DP, which bolts to the stock catback. It will bolt-up to both stock DP's and aftermarket DP's.

Yes....if anyone is wondering, that was ME blipping the throttle in the video!! i know, i know...i do great work!!

And damn my wagon looks good (dubbed: the pretty princess wagon!!)

~Sucka-Duck~

Yes....if anyone is wondering, that was ME blipping the throttle in the video!! i know, i know...i do great work!!

And damn my wagon looks good (dubbed: the pretty princess wagon!!)

And how does it sound compared to your SP2's? Louder, quieter, deeper tone, etc?

And how does it sound compared to your SP2's? Louder, quieter, deeper tone, etc?

I think they are similar sounding at idle (mild, low burble). Above that the SP2 is a bit quieter, while the MR makes a nice ripping sound. I'll let Merv post his impressions. Bear in mind that my car is completely catless, while Merv has one HFC.

Thats the sound I was looking for, deep-low but not over pitched.

I just wish the sun was out a little better for you when taking the pictures, hard to see the exhaust. Thanks for getting us some new stuff to look at while we wait!

Yesterday during the SCS meet, i had a chance to drive behind mycotopian LGT, he has the built Crawford motor with the DB20G, running the Greddy SP2.

His car is quiet and smooth, not loud at all. quiet at idle and boxer tones when on the gas....nothing close to a Civic with a Fart Can.

Also Yesterday i had a chance to finally here the MR Catback inperson, beautiful piece, at idle...stock quiet with the hintings of the boxer rumble...on the gas, deep boxer rumble but still quiet....

If i had to compare the two, both are quiet at idle, on throttle, both have a refined boxer sound...

from my judgement: SP2's sound, is the classic boxer sound with the treble at 0, the MR's sound, boxer sound with the treble @ 1+, this is only because paul is running catless!!..both systems = glorious bass!!

hope that helps ya'll

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived