LegacyGT.com

I passed on the Legacy...

I bought this instead of the 2007 Legacy GT. The car is a blast, but it's still FWD which isn't my preference. The DSG tranny is amazing. I skipped the OEM 18's and went with BBS CV's and BFGoodrich KWD's. It's needs to drop an inch or so. (Just so we're clear, I didn't paint the brake calipers)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i75/Monoman1/2006%20Jetta%20GLI/P4090058.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i75/Monoman1/2006%20Jetta%20GLI/P4090054.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i75/Monoman1/2006%20Jetta%20GLI/P4040039.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a bad looking car.....that being said.....it's no LGT;)

I hope you purchased the extended warranty with the 0 ded.

Funny you say that because I bought the car despite all the reliability issues/rumors I read about. This is my first VW and I truly believe they are trying to change their image. From what I can tell so far, the car is put together very well. Fit and finish is far better than what I had expected. I only have 3500 miles on it to date so mechanically, it's too early to tell.

I'll admit, I'm taking a slow approach to making modifications. I could purchase an ECU flash right now for $500 and add 50hp/80tq at the flywheel, but I'm holding off for a year. I've always believed cars show their problems in the first year of ownership as I have never purchased an extended warranty.

Nice, but you know you will be trading it for a leggy soon.

Is it just me, or is that a huge gap between the door and fender?

X2

It looks bad because of the camera flash and shadowing of the gap.

Trust me, I thought long and hard about the Legacy, but it just doesn't meet my needs. I wanted sport and luxury and the GLI fits the bill. Plus, for whatever reason I am drawn to the German car look these days.

Congrats on the car! Too bad it wasn't a LGT.

I like the new Jettas except for the front grille, pretty bad design IMO.

Hope you enjoy the car, I loved my '95 Jetta while it lasted. It should be on the road again for winter.

Congrats on the car! Too bad it wasn't a LGT.

I like the new Jettas except for the front grille, pretty bad design IMO.

Hope you enjoy the car, I loved my '95 Jetta while it lasted. It should be on the road again for winter.

Really, I like the black grill on the GLI/GTI. I don't like the new Tribeca grill. Is the Legacy going to get that grill?

Really, I like the black grill on the GLI/GTI. I don't like the new Tribeca grill. Is the Legacy going to get that grill?

Hah, I hope they don't change the grill on the LGT. If they do, I'll be glad that I bought an '06 :lol: .

Eh...does nothin' for me...at all. Done did the VW thing. Never again.

They look goofy as all getout now too. Ahhhh....this is why we're all different.

That said, I wish Subaru would put half the R/D into their interiors that VW does.

You can tell its a German car cuz its got the Hitler Stash...

The grille on the Leggy is supposed to change for the '08 model year, but we'll see. Just wait till you guys see the specs on the new Subaru's due out this weekend

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I'm glad that you purchased a car you like, though I'm confused as to why you waited until you had 3500 miles on it and then decided to post about it on a Legacy forum.

Why in the world is this posted in the 'Subaru Legacy' subforum, and not the 'Other Cars' subforum??? This post has absolutely nothing to do with the Legacy.

I'm glad that you purchased a car you like, though I'm confused as to why you waited until you had 3500 miles on it and then decided to post about it on a Legacy forum.

Why in the world is this posted in the 'Subaru Legacy' subforum, and not the 'Other Cars' subforum??? This post has absolutely nothing to do with the Legacy.

Because I have particpated in this forum and was considering a Legacy GT for a while. I was simply coming back here to see if any news about the 2007 Legacy had been released so I thought I say goodbye in a way. I'm not trying to cause any problems.

I can't say I would have chosen a Jetta over the LGT. However, I want a DSG equipped GTi to replace my 00 Civic Si
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Archived