LegacyGT.com

stock boost 13.09@106.24 mph

Garnet-Red-In-De

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... can't believe I never noticed this. Assuming that the car weighs about 3600 lbs as-raced, it is making 350-360HP at the wheels (according to http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm).

I've read the thread, and I believe the guy that his mods are as claimed, and obviously he has the timeslips to back it up. But as others have said, something just doesn't add up.

Perhaps he got a prototype engine? Stranger things have happened... But man, that car should be donated to science and an autopsy performed. You could probably find a tuner that would look at your car for free, since it's such a freak.

Pete

Wow... can't believe I never noticed this. Assuming that the car weighs about 3600 lbs as-raced, it is making 350-360HP at the wheels (according to http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm).

I've read the thread, and I believe the guy that his mods are as claimed, and obviously he has the timeslips to back it up. But as others have said, something just doesn't add up.

Perhaps he got a prototype engine? Stranger things have happened... But man, that car should be donated to science and an autopsy performed. You could probably find a tuner that would look at your car for free, since it's such a freak.

Pete

I find those calculators off. Our cars have exceptional traction, and more mid range torque then other cars with the same peak hp output. I would subtract quite a few ponies from the 350-360 estimate.

:icon_surp! That has to be one of the worst hp calculator's I've seen!

I highly doubt the OP is even making 330hp at the crank, let alone to the wheels.

A true 350-360whp, as measured on a avg dyno, will get you 112mph, at that weight.

I don't see why everyone is in such disbelief.... I mean the best Protune, still will not overcome the vf40's weak topend.

I dont know about stock boost, but before I went stage 2, my best was a 13.15 @ 103.7. I was on stock tune, with an MBC, FCD, K&N Typhoon and 15 psi on 93 pump gas. That run was on a 30 degree night. Race 100 oct would actually slow my car down. I thenk the burn rate of the fuel was not optimal for my tune. Warm weather would bring me to 13.5-13.8ish

Ambient temp, barometric pressure, altitude and humidity all are factors. Right now with good conditions, my stage 2 will dip to 12.7ish around 106-108 mph.

That is why when magazines test, they correct the numbers to get a level playing field. Bottom line is ,IMO, correction is BS. What your car runs is what it runs, and will vary with conditions.

Keep in mind, a 14 second, 4 cylinder sedan is nothing to sneeze at. Hell, a 1974 SD455 Trans Am ran a 14.1 back in its days.

One of the best car shows I have seen in quite a while regarding the "muscle cars" was one done by Year one last year.

Long story short......The fastest of the muscle cars was the GT500....1/4 mile 13.1 @ 104.

2nd place....Chevelle 454/450hp version.....13.3 @ 106

The best was listening to all the car owners claiming 10-11sec cars from the factory....:lol::lol::lol:

All cars were on modern day rubber.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

amusing thread. sometimes good drivers + freakish cars get crazy times. i remember when a dude pulled an 11.56 at atco in an m roadster. nobody believed him even though there were plenty of witnesses. normally a low 12's car. wasnt even his...haha.

• 2 months later...
And if his car can do 13@106 then that'll be a first. I'd like to see more proof then an internet post and verification from another post. If the car can do it on stock maps and boost, I want to meet the driver and see the car first hand to try and figure out the how and why. I just dont see that happening with a 1.98 60, with a 3300+ curb weight making most likely around 230-250hp at the wheels. If he's got a AP Stage2 then I'd be a little easier to believe, but stock boost... nahhhh

You have mentioned the bad 60' twice now......but,

Usually, the slower the 60', the faster the MPH at the end, all things else being equal. I have hundreds and hundeds of slips to prove it, both auto and manual. Most drag racers accept this as a fact. I did not feel like reading the last eight pages, so excuse me if you guys have discussed this already.

I maybe crazy or I maybe the most observant MoFo out there but this isnt a stock f8cking car. Why are yall so impressed? I added jjust one bolt on and it dropped my ET almost one second from stock, and that was just a catless invidia downpipe. Yalls skepticism is making yall sound like dumbasses. THis guy has like 2000 dollars in boltons not to mention he isnt even on pump gas. PAY ATTENTION!

I maybe crazy or I maybe the most observant MoFo out there but this isnt a stock f8cking car. Why are yall so impressed? I added jjust one bolt on and it dropped my ET almost one second from stock, and that was just a catless invidia downpipe. Yalls skepticism is making yall sound like dumbasses. THis guy has like 2000 dollars in boltons not to mention he isnt even on pump gas. PAY ATTENTION!

Because yall have dumped a bunch of money into yall's cars, and have taken them to yall's local drag strip.

As it turn out, we even have a thread devoted to 1/4 mile runs and Garnet-Red-In-DE has a "freak" car.

"the run was done on 98 octane no tuning whatsoever. my current mods are mad dad headers and up combo, cobb catless downpipe and strohmung catback. k-n-n typhoon and perrin turbo inlet".

I guess all yall dumbasses thinking this is a freak car missed this one little sentence.

"the run was done on 98 octane no tuning whatsoever. my current mods are mad dad headers and up combo, cobb catless downpipe and strohmung catback. k-n-n typhoon and perrin turbo inlet".

I guess all yall dumbasses thinking this is a freak car missed this one little sentence.

you sure know how to make friends. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Yeah sorry for the rudeness. I just think its stupid to call a car a freak with as many bolts on as he does. My apologies to the Leg. community.

not a problem. btw i wish to hell my car was a freak sounds like a good thing to me. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

not a problem. btw i wish to hell my car was a freak sounds like a good thing to me. :lol: bosco

Absolutely. In no way did I mean his car was bad when I said it was a "freak" car!

If having a "freak" car means running 12s with less work then many others take to get 13s, how could that possibly be bad? :lol:

I have a cobb, a downpipe, and a K&N drop in. If my clutch can hold I fully expect to run 12.9 next time I make it to San Antonio Raceway. Believe me I have put little money into this car.

freak :lol: good for you i can't wait for the numbers. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived