LegacyGT.com

stock boost 13.09@106.24 mph

Garnet-Red-In-De

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the math that just does not work here. So far most guys run track times that you can equate to their mods and location for the most part. Look at Robs car and mine I'd say we are real close in power with our mods and our times and MPH indicate that. STI2LGT mods and the fact he scorched a low 1.7 sixty foot and his times and mph add up. Chruissers times and MPH work out with his mods wich by the way with a VF39 and STI manifold/intercooler setup is still shy of Garnets MPH by a full 2mph. You see with just about every car on here I can somehow relate the numbers except this one. 110mph traps is just insane and will be a loooooooooong standing record around here that i'd venture to say will never be broken. Get some EM and that car will be permanently etched into the stock turbo record holders spot.

I just now got home my car has been inspected and i took all of my slips with me. left my run number on the window too. just have to wait for mdturbo to post later. i'm going to try and dyno the car this weekend but we'll see. going to bed now i feel like crap.

Met Steve tonight and his friend Sean. Nice guys. I did see the slips and they are for real. The car did run a 12.6...

Looking under the hood I see all the mods described... heat wrapped headers, boost tube... Inspected vaccum lines, all appeared to be ok. I don't recall if I saw an after market wastegate actuator but my initial thoughts are it was stock too. stock top mount... stock turbo. all from the looks of it, legit.

Makes no sense... he trapped 85mph in the 1/8 with a 1.84 60' on his 12.6 run. He was making up some CRAZY time up top after the 330...

He did say he had a silver STi before, and had the same problem with people believing his times with that vehicle... even after we saw the car, and talked with steve we still couldn't make the numbers work for the mods done... the math just doesn't add up. everyone I've asked about your car is probably still scratching their heads. lol.

I would still love to run a obd log of your car at the track and see what the ecu is doing. That'll help us figure out what's going on with your car that makes it such a beast in the 1/4. I notice you had the cobb dp so it'll be easy to tap in and get some afr... if you do go get a dyno this weekend, get an afr reading as well!

Thanks for coming down to bel air to show the slips and car.

-Rob

MTS

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Garnet-Red-In-De,

What's your shift points? :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Makes no sense... he trapped 85mph in the 1/8 with a 1.84 60' on his 12.6 run. He was making up some CRAZY time up top after the 330...

-Rob

MTS

This is where the unreasonable WHP levels come into play. Well I still think this car is a freak of nature certainly FAR from the norm we have seen here. If this car dynos a WHP under 300 then we will REALLY be scratchin our heads. With that MPH I fully expect to see a big dyno number VF39 numbers at the very least.

I just now got home my car has been inspected and i took all of my slips with me. left my run number on the window too. just have to wait for mdturbo to post later. i'm going to try and dyno the car this weekend but we'll see. going to bed now i feel like crap.

BTW... thanks for being such a good sport about all of this. We are all just really perplexed with your car.... and its performance.

somebody swapped his rearend gears without him knowing thats all it is to it. Or maybe hes using one of these ftw....

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/levineauto_1891_33769484

It would be awsome if you could get your car dynoed and logged. Seriously. And thanks for being such a a good sport. :cool:

You may have "discovered" a different upgrade path worth considering instead of the usual AP as first step. If it's not too much of a hassle, could you post your mods again in more detail (exact parts # when applicable, etc.) because others may want to follow in your footsteps. My car is completely stock, just waiting for the miles to accumulate before modding...but when the time comes, I may tread your same trail.... ;).

i had an srt-4 before not an sti. and i usually shift around redline never any after but just before the need hits red . only wot shifted from 2-3 upshift. i will look for part numbers when i have more time.

And I called rob today to try to get andrew's number from doug or to see if doug could call and get andrew to call me because xotic shut off the phones because of andrew buying it and i remember him saying you have to call his cell. there site says they are open until 7 and i could easily make it if they have time. or tomorrow but no way to tell anything until i talked to somebody.

Didnt somebody else with no tune and just autospeed TBE pull a 13 1/4?

"Our prototyping partner picked up a full second in the 1/4 mile from 14.0 to running a 13.0 flat with only our up-pipe and turbo back with no other mods! He also gained 6mph."

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23527&highlight=autospeed+1%2F4

Im sure the lighter non-limited and 98 octance gas, helped a lot too.

He pulled a 14.18 stock, which is very normal, not even the fastest weve seen so it doesnt seem like he would have a ringer, its the mods/gas and the circumstances.

well my whole exhaust setup cost me around 1700 and that's only because i got the headers for 300 new in box off a friend so it would of been 1900 so an ap ,dp and up would still be cheaper. I just want to go to the dyno to make sure i am not gonna run lean around town or at the track. but the ecutek is coming very soon . slower or not

has anyone ever thought of the fact that its because he runs 98 octane at the track? I know that was a huge tip for my GTP. Put a full tank of race fuel in her drive her around varying the loads and even the stock ECU will make the timing go through the roof people claimed 5 tenths. Could make up for the time plus he is powershifting the gears which helps alot too.

Archived