LegacyGT.com

stock boost 13.09@106.24 mph

Garnet-Red-In-De

Went to cecil on friday and only got 3 runs. stock clutch isn't cooperating much any more so my best run was a 13.09 at 106.24 mph. the run was done on 98 octane no tuning whatsoever. my current mods are mad dad headers and up combo, cobb catless downpipe and strohmung catback. k-n-n typhoon and perrin turbo inlet. this run was made with a crappy 1.98 60ft. if the clutch would hold more the car probably would of went 12.8 but theres always next time. there was a white legacy there but didn't get to talk to the owner anybody on here.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think we wasted $. I like the security of knowing that there won't be boost spikes and such with EM. It may not produce that much "power" in the 1/4 when all said and done but it is invaluable for the reliability and piece of mind.

At leas to me. Knowing what my car is tuned to do and then taking logs to make sure is key

Hey, i was the white legacy gt at cecil that night, saw you run, fast car man. There was a black lgt there too i noticed, didn't see him/her run though. Tons of ppl there that night. I've never seen so many srt-4s in my life at one spot.

Tell Curb weight or I call B.S.

let me see...no rear seat, no passenger seat, no spare tire, no jack, empty windshield washer bottle, gas tank - that warning light LOW GAS has been there for 2 days, the driver - wafer thin already - personally didn"t eat/drink in the last week and there was a huge tornado-spec wind blowing down the track...:(

Not sure if i can believe it...As a scientist i wanna see it repeated 3 times ! Can you please post the official time slips ? Your best run may be the exception ! and the other two are consistently 1 second higher ?

Even if he pulled that amount of weight out, I dont see 106 happening on 13.5psi w/ stock timing and fuel maps. EXPECIALLY on a 1.98 60' 1.98 is more 14.0 e/t range. Act of god, mis-read time slip, or leaf blowing through the traps is more likely. I ran 6.5 @ 335 once at Cecil, leaf did all the work. lol.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Well another guy on this thread was there and saw the run apparently. So something is off but who knows what.

I would like to know what the OTHER cars were running that day. That would help a bit more. If there were some STi s there running 12.2 then there is your answer....something wrong with the track timing system. Or like you said a crazy tailwind.

Well I was there and I didn't see anything amazing with the other cars for whom normal times I do know. Was a little breezy but it was a head wind if I recall... this was around 9pm.

And if his car can do 13@106 then that'll be a first. I'd like to see more proof then an internet post and verification from another post. If the car can do it on stock maps and boost, I want to meet the driver and see the car first hand to try and figure out the how and why. I just dont see that happening with a 1.98 60, with a 3300+ curb weight making most likely around 230-250hp at the wheels. If he's got a AP Stage2 then I'd be a little easier to believe, but stock boost... nahhhh

the 106MPH thing is crazy though. I ran a 13.4 with a 1.77 60' but only at 98MPH. Given I know that is slow and I am a 5EAT I can't BELIEVE I am 8 MPH slower then someone with no EM and only a .35 second better ET

I really need to figure out why my MPH is so low then

If anyone around wants to meet i'll drive. i got 3 slips and all the runs on video camera. first run was a 13.36 @105.46 second 13.13 @105.65 and the 3rd 13.09 106.24. all i take out is the spare tire and my gas light was on. i wasn't really that hungry though. i can't post slips cuz my computer is a piece of crap. but i will drive do meet anyone tonight even close to bel air. So don't doubt cuz you can't get the times with what i got. and i was working on a tune until my accident last month. maybe aftermarket bumpers are lighter...maybe someone can look into that. got no reason to lie.. so the leaf must of been following me for 3 runs.

If you ran what you said, that's amazing for the curb weight you've got. Did you buy your car used, if so perhaps you have a non-stock tune you dont know about. In anyevent, I will be glad to meet you at the track there Friday night; I wanna see the car. I do remember seeing a stock-looking red lgt up there a few weeks back running stock times.

bought the car brand new. now has 11,000 miles definetly no tune. my car looks stock except for my wheels are powdercoated anthracite metallic the closest to gun metal. but that red one wasn't me last time i went was minus the downpipe and catback and the best run then was 13.48 @102.14 on october 19th. but i don't go to the track that much so i doubt i will be there on friday but i can drive to bel air with my slips and my video any day.

Archived