LegacyGT.com

stock boost 13.09@106.24 mph

Garnet-Red-In-De

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, ~200 whp. lol. I was guestimating my drivetrain losses...

exhaust, boost tube, and intake alone will not get you 100whp, unless you have the imaculate EJ25.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Speak for yourself Rob I made 194 LOL. Dyno's vary we know that. Mweiner you think the VF40 could actually feed enough air to a 2.5 to sustain 25PSI? I'd think even with the WG welded shut boost will fade hard beyond 3500rpms maybe i'm wrong on this one.

The only reason I brought this up is casue it happend to an Audi friend of mine. His target boost on a GT35R was 21psi. We were seeing....well...the boost guage went to 30psi and it was pegged hard. He dynoed 245awhp with the stuck wastegate.

Can our turbo get into the high 20's, hell yeah. Can it do it efficently, hell no.

But a stuck wastegate or messed up hose could give him the higher boost numbers needed to make his times a little more plausible.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

i am on my lunch break now but i am free any time after 4 oclock. so i can drive to bel air. I looked up outback on the internet is it on vietnam memorial highway or something like that. i can be there any time after like 5. but it is easier to call me. 302-562-3660 steve. but i don't want to be going to the track every day. and i now have 270 miles until empty so tomorrow is out of the question. i have to go back to work so if your serious about meeting just call me and i will be there. i actually tried calling the mts shop while sitting at the track but no answer. i don't have any hard feelings against anyone on here. but no matter the reason or hp. my car ran the said times with the said mods.

but you cant say 20psi is useful in general from any turbo. If a turbo is out of it's efficiency range, it's not going to do anything for power as intake temps it will be blowing hot air...

Interesting indeed... I saw the car there lastnight... but I didn't see it run.

I must say, the track wasn't exceptionally quick lastnight. My best trap was 124.5 for the evening... but with a crap 2-3 shift.

Anyway... Rob has given me the benefit of running his car a number of times. LGT's are HARD to drive. I don't like th clutch... I don't liek the dual mass flywheel... and the car feels A LOT heavier than its curb weight indicates (no offense).... that said, 12.6 @ 110? On a 1.98 sixty?

Even with a 145 lbs driver... I have a hard time swallowing it. Stock turbo'ed WRX's (lighter) and STi's (better turbo) with a crap load of mods and still can't hit that trap speed.

I've been known to pull out some pretty unbelievable times out of my car many set-ups over the years...13.0 @ 103 mph on a stock WRX turbo, 12.0 @ 115 on a VF36 and more recently 11.2 @ 128 on a SZ49... but I also never claimed to be untuned, running stock boost and 100% full weight.

Post up all the details fo the slip... on two runs.

Also... Cecil times are right on par with MIR and ATCO... I ran all 3 tracks over a weekend once... the difference was the traps. MIR and ATCO, I pulled 99-100 and @ Cecil I was 100-101. This was a long time ago on the stock WRX turbo, running consistant 13.2s-13.3s. That said... I don't see Cecil as a FAST track... just a good one.

def

i am on my lunch break now but i am free any time after 4 oclock. so i can drive to bel air. I looked up outback on the internet is it on vietnam memorial highway or something like that. i can be there any time after like 5. but it is easier to call me. 302-562-3660 steve. but i don't want to be going to the track every day. and i now have 270 miles until empty so tomorrow is out of the question. i have to go back to work so if your serious about meeting just call me and i will be there. i actually tried calling the mts shop while sitting at the track but no answer. i don't have any hard feelings against anyone on here. but no matter the reason or hp. my car ran the said times with the said mods.

Well despite what you told people at the track, I am not "a tool." lol. My friends were afriad I would come up there and strangle you through the phone if they gave you my cell last night. lol.

In any event, I can relax and forget the petty comments. The fact of the matter is some people saw you run what you ran, so we dont despute it. We are all perplexed however by the car as it truely is a miracle if it's on stock turbo and ecu maps.

I would prefer to log your car at the track, but you can certainly stop by bel Air. Will PM you my cell.

We're aiming to get to Outback at around 730-8.

Take Bel Air exit toward bel air, onto 24. Take 24 into bel air. At intersection with Unos on left, mcdonalds on right, turn left onto business route 1... outback will be on the left, 300 ft down the road...

-Rob

Again, very interesting insight Doug. Thanks!

Anyway... Rob has given me the benefit of running his car a number of times. LGT's are HARD to drive. I don't like th clutch... I don't liek the dual mass flywheel... and the car feels A LOT heavier than its curb weight indicates (no offense).... that said, 12.6 @ 110? On a 1.98 sixty?

You trying to say my car is a lard ass? lol... I went 12.9 with 3510 race weight!

the 12.644 was a 1.841 60' ,5.268-330 , 1/8-8.122,mph 86.08 1000'=10.583 and the 1/4=12.644 at 109.78 and i will do a slip where i ran an wrx that did an 11.9 i ran 1.90 60ft for his 1.92 ---330 i got 5.43 for his 5.18---1/8 i got 8.34 against his 7.83--- 8th mph i got 84.92 against his 95.88---1000 i got 10.86 for his 10.07 --and my quarter 12.96 at 107.75 for his 11.92 at 123.23 i tried cooling the car down to run better and ran a 12.80 at 12.80 at 108.42 and then i planned on going home and i got back around and there was no wait so i figured i'd see what it did hot so drove right back up to the light and that's when i ran the fastest time.

Interesting indeed... I saw the car there lastnight... but I didn't run.

I must say, the track wasn't exceptionally quick lastnight. My best trap was 124.5 for the evening... but with a crap 2-3 shift.

Even with a 145 lbs driver... I have a hard time swallowing it. Stock turbo'ed WRX's (lighter) and STi's (better turbo) with a crap load of mods and still can't hit that trap speed.

I've been known to pull out some pretty unbelievable times out of my car many set-ups over the years...13.0 @ 103 mph on a stock WRX turbo, 12.0 @ 115 on a VF36 and more recently 11.2 @ 128 on a SZ49... but I also never claimed to be untuned, running stock boost and 100% full weight.

Post up all the details fo the slip... on two runs.

Also... Cecil times are right on par with MIR and ATCO... I ran all 3 tracks over a weekend once... the difference was the traps. MIR and ATCO, I pulled 99-100 and @ Cecil I was 100-101. This was a long time ago on the stock WRX turbo, running consistant 13.2s-13.3s. That said... I don't see Cecil as a FAST track... just a good one.

def

Well it was a 1.84 sixty not a bif difference but still asks this question. This car is not coming out of the gate abnormally hard. STI2LGT 12.7 run was on a low 1.7 sixty foot (left on the limiter) but at 105MPH. Theres the big question mark the MPH. 110 is flat out sailing and will without question get an even better ET than the 12.6 that was run. As far as the tracks go even coming from the LS1 world Cecil and Atco are both known as fast tracks. Fast why? Well i've run at Atco and got my best ET to date with my SS there. The prep is off the hook there. Like I stated i'm not talking about huge ET/MPH advantages running those tracks but typically there is an edge to be had running at one of those over lets say E-Town the same day. Anyway I for one would like to see Rob datalog that car at the track while it's running these astounding numbers.

and for your friend he never talked to me he talked to my friend so he can get that right before he says things and i will be in bel air. and is that the same friend who told my friend that you put out the front mount he designed and he didnt like you. not here to start things but i will finish wrongfully said things. going to wprk now.

and for your friend he never talked to me he talked to my friend so he can get that right before he says things and i will be in bel air. and is that the same friend who told my friend that you put out the front mount he designed and he didnt like you. not here to start things but i will finish wrongfully said things. going to wprk now.

Well there are some guys that say they're a friend of mine and may not be.

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about and if you do a search for my initial FMIC thread, it will detail the fact NFP dropped the ball and I picked it up.

The design is mine as much as anyone elses as I funded and helped design and build the first kit. I had a friend do the welding as I suck at welding.

Now lets get back to your mystery machine 110 mph stock ecu car. :iam::lol:

Well how about some history on this car from Garnet? Did you run it stock before you started with mods, if so what did it run? Is the clutch stock? Tires/suspension? Have you run on 93 octane? How do you account for these times/speed? You mentioned driver skill but your 60' times don't show it.

ran it stock at 14.18@96.78 with a 2.075 60ft at 75 degrees . ran it again with intake and headers and ran 13.84 @ 102.8 with a 2.263 60ft at 51degrees ran it a couple weeks later same setup and ran a 13.4 at 103 . lost the slip but you can search for the thread. then friday ran 13.09@ 106.24 at 59 degrees with turboback. and 1.988 60ft. started basically dropping the clutch instead of feathering it yesterday and ran 12.644@109.7 with 1.841 60ft at 42 degrees. stock clutch still with probably 40 runs on it. tires 35/33 not sure if i ran it stock on 93 but probably. stock suspension. like to think i am a good driver but i didn't say driver skill till i got all the b.s. talk my guess is as good as anybody's i just try to do better each run and i usually do. don't have anything to hide anyone can come check out my car and i will try to dyno it soon. i only know of 1 awd dyno and that is at exotic. so depending on availability. unless there is any more.

You mentioned driver skill but your 60' times don't show it.

Skill won't get you MPH.... only HP will do that.

If the times are legit... the car is a benchmark for all of us....

Sounds like the car was quick even in stock form..... I'd be interested in hooking a boost gauge up to it and seeing how much pressure she is running.

So from intake and headers to cat back you dropped 8 tenths and gained almost 3.5MPH in slightly warmer weather? Wow stromung better be ready to answer a lot of phones.....then another half second drop and another 3.5MPH with no more mods?

Something doesn't sounds right still....I don't doubt the clock said 12.64@109

I just can't see how with 3 mods you went from 14.2 @ 96 to 12.6 @109 hahahah that is insane

What somebody needs to do is basically copy GarnetRed. Slap some mad dad (btw, is there a website for that mfgr?) headers, UP/DP, and exhaust, no ECU upgrade, datalog it, and see what you get. :iam:

Maybe the stock ecu is capable of learning and adapting to cope with the combination of all those mods + almost race gas + low ambient temps to make the car run really hard w/o blowing up. Don't know. I am very curious though.

truely blessed by the hp gods... :iam: will meet up with Steve tonight to get a look at the car. I'd like to data log it at the track if you'll let me add the weight of the laptop to the car... ;)

What somebody needs to do is basically copy GarnetRed. Slap some mad dad (btw, is there a website for that mfgr?) headers, UP/DP, and exhaust, no ECU upgrade, datalog it, and see what you get. :iam:

Maybe the stock ecu is capable of learning and adapting to cope with the combination of all those mods + almost race gas + low ambient temps to make the car run really hard w/o blowing up. Don't know. I am very curious though.

+1 Maybe we are all going about are mods all wrong. And if this is all true I will have my ap on ebay soon!!

That is along the lines of what I'm thinking. I am a complete noob when it comes to mods and how the LGT's ECU works. But, one would think tha tthe ecu's knock sensor would adjust things in order to protect itself and save the engine. All those factors combined may add up. Would he be able to do that in 95 degree heat? Who knows.

MDTurbo, we are all eagerly awaiting your assessment.

++++++++1

edit:

I just thought of soemthing that should make people think a little..... If the stock ECU was so good at learning the new mods and making this assload of power...why does a Stg1 flash make more power over stock????

If the ECU learning was better than an AP, stg1 wouldn't have more power than stock...but it does

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived