LegacyGT.com

So, you want to drive your 15 year old LGT to a meet eh?

KZJonny

I just checked again after looking at that picture..... my injectors came with adapters already on them, I just didn't realize and thought it was all one piece , omg talk about a party foul lol! Running in circles for no reason lol. 😑

I'm just gonna move on, replace my harness and undo all the unnecessary bs I did in my past life lol. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, KZJonny said:

No, that's great to hear! I was looking at the Griots/Cerakote which are supposedly the same manufacture. Couldn't kind any testimonials about them really tho, so I was kind of going with tried and true. (clearcoat).

Every 2 years or so to do a cut and polish + recoat with ceramic is reasonable to me.

Here is Tribeca, Cerakote applied sometime last fall. One thing to remember - the instructions say to use the wet applicator pad quickly, and they are correct. The clear coat dries fast, so once you pop the seal apply it quickly before it gets tacky. I like the compromise between efforts required and results achieved.
image.thumb.png.9e07a7e4df7aaf4be74b1eca70dab8a1.png

image.thumb.png.a0d6de820f4fcdbae492e65c0a71428a.png

• Like 3

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Is there a subaru tool out there to depin these connectors? Luckily the used harness came with both plugs, so i can practice on the used one, but I am having no luck and just destroying the connector. 

1 hour ago, Tehnation said:

Is there a subaru tool out there to depin these connectors? Luckily the used harness came with both plugs, so i can practice on the used one, but I am having no luck and just destroying the connector. 

What are you using to try to de-pin the connector?

some generic depinning set i got a while back on amazon that has a bunch of different shapes.. I got one out and I don't see how a normal key would work, it seems to be held in place by those two tabs. 

20230506_083119.thumb.jpg.ff44e3e8340825ccdea74bc4c9eef9b1.jpg20230506_083132.thumb.jpg.dedb0334c5ab3db69a2602940bb0135b.jpg

The tabs are just for alignment. 

There is a small piece (tab) of plastic that pushes down into the gap (in the second picture). 

You can do two things:

- You can use a depinning tool (or sharpened paperclip from the front and catch the tab and lift it up so that you can pull the pin out.

- You can use a wider flat tool from the back side to try to jam up the tab and push the pin from the front out the back.

I've done both in the last few days as I'm in the middle of depinning some fuel pump controller plugs to replace with heavier gauge wiring.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

The tabs are just for alignment. 

There is a small piece (tab) of plastic that pushes down into the gap (in the second picture). 

You can do two things:

- You can use a depinning tool (or sharpened paperclip from the front and catch the tab and lift it up so that you can pull the pin out.

- You can use a wider flat tool from the back side to try to jam up the tab and push the pin from the front out the back.

I've done both in the last few days as I'm in the middle of depinning some fuel pump controller plugs to replace with heavier gauge wiring.

I thought the same thing, but it looks like the only thing keeping them in place are those 2 tabs, no plastic tabs anywhere, its just a smooth tube basically, and those metal tabs hook on, like its a permanent install. 

20230507_040211.thumb.jpg.7c7274f6972370cb5fa33716c1a9ecfe.jpg

20230507_040228.thumb.jpg.b8c254f0ecd02bd54b62f47c8b533d1f.jpg

20230507_040235.thumb.jpg.b109e0a8338943f0f4e0e35018710cd0.jpg

Though I spent the whole day working on the block it seems I have little to show for it. I discovered I ordered the wrong oil cooler and also my gasket kit did not included the gaskets for the coolant crossover pipe. Over these last two days I've removed the dividers from the TGV's with a coping saw. Thankfully, I was able to clean out all the media from sandblasting that made it into the TGV rod/bearing assembly. Immersing in hot soapy water and swishing was the most effective method.

Also, how the hell do you insert the dipstick pipe without tearing the o-rings? I went through two sets of good o-rings and it appears my pipe is bent out of shape. Based on Killer B's recommendations on another forum I will get another pipe. Some much for the time spent repainting the old one.

For some good news, yesterday I installed the Killer B Oil pan kit and discovered that I previously did not install the 3 spacers which lower the pickup by about 1/2". After some looking around I was able to find them in my bedroom dresser.

Here's a video of my brother helping me move the blanket-wrapped long block up a flight of stairs. It was much lighter this time without the accessories and oil/coolant:

• Like 4

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Headlights got sanded and polished. Not a great job, but they're clear again, and at least should not obscure light output. Front end it buttoned up and reinstalled. Looks like a car again!

CV installed and  trailing arm all cleaned up of the shmutz from the old boot. Just need to build some wheel cribs so I can get the suspension compressed and tighten everything up. Problem for this evening.

Aside from that, I think it's cleaning and start checking fluids, etc.... Take her for a shakedown ride this week perhaps.

Ima say I will have done 40% of my 'to do' list before the meet...🤨

I'm getting tired of all the dripping inside the garage getting me wet while I'm trying to work, so I'll be diverting time to putting up the metal roofing that has been ignored for a while now, and is occupying the centre of the other repair bay. I need 8 days in each week....

• Like 3

Did a oil filter change yesterday, no need to change the oil in the pan since that burns at a rate of 1qrt/400 miles so that will get changed out over the course of a few drives!

Took it into work today for its first time out from the winter slumber

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

You guys are scaring me with the scope of your projects for the meet.

• Haha 2

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

2 hours ago, jaylew said:

Did a oil filter change yesterday, no need to change the oil in the pan since that burns at a rate of 1qrt/400 miles so that will get changed out over the course of a few drives!

Took it into work today for its first time out from the winter slumber

My old OBW had gotten that way, haha! Between the leaks and it burning oil, I just kept changing the filter. Oil always looked and smelled good hah!

No leaks here...well aside from the oil dripping from the blown intercooler 😁. I have a replacement intercooler but can't bring myself to put a clean one on, with how much oil will go through it. Besides that its all burnt, the bottom of my engine is clean!!!

• Like 2

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

image.thumb.jpg.bbc549cfc9d76a08f0df261bd851709b.jpg

Small stack of high performance spacers takes care of the gap between the DP and the factory hanger. I guess they must have welded the bracket on just a little fore of where is was supposed to be?

Aside from that, love the GS downpipe.

• Like 3

Eh… decent chance I bent the hanger getting the old DP out, but i couldn’t get the leverage to bend it back on install. Didn’t want to have it just hanging tho.

5MT, so it should have just bolted back up. Blue Monday perhaps, yes?

My first thought was to spin up a spacer on the lathe out of some aluminium or whatever was lying around, but time is getting tight… so stack of washers and a bolt it is. 🙄

• Haha 1