LegacyGT.com

So, you want to drive your 15 year old LGT to a meet eh?

KZJonny

I have been "locked out" since the move to site announcements as well.  Once logged in the Site Announcements completely disappear.  I can view when not logged in.  Reached out to a mod for assistance. 

Still working angles to procure an LGT.  But my plan is now held together with kite string. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, m sprank said:

I have been "locked out" since the move to site announcements as well.  Once logged in the Site Announcements completely disappear.  I can view when not logged in.  Reached out to a mod for assistance. 

Still working angles to procure an LGT.  But my plan is now held together with kite string. 

I've alerted the mods as well, hope this gets resolved soon. Very generous offer, by @boxkita.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I have sticker designs options and pricing I wanted to share in the thread.  We have been offered a 50% off deal.  I guess being friends with the owner helps sometimes. 

legacy-meet.jpg

Edited by m sprank
  • Thanks 5

Got frustrated this weekend trying to install more nutserts to attach things using the homemade method with a star washer, long bolt, etc. etc....

Picked up an Astro Pneumatic (manual) nutsert tool that just does 5mm, 6mm and 8mm nutserts. Jeeeebus. I wish I'd done this a long time ago, for the reasonably small dollars it cost. Some tools are a little "meh" in terms of buying the legit thing vs. the DIY method of doing a job. This one is night and day.

Seeing the results on some of the smallish trim parts I am fixing and attaching with some SS nutserts has me stoked to do the lower rad support replacement and I am pretty sure I will go the route of attaching it with nutserts. It's just some thin sheet metal that holds up the rad, and is only held in with a handful of spot welds. Given that it is disintegrating while I watch it, any replacement will be a massive improvement.

So, while I've been doing some other fettling with the car in the meantime, this weekend might be time to check of one of important jobs. Fingers crossed. I would really love to find out I can do this without draining and pulling the rad, but we shall see.... I'll put up some pics of the rust belt rad support. It's pretty awful.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, m sprank said:

I have sticker designs options and pricing I wanted to share in the thread.  We have been offered a 50% off deal.  I guess being friends with the owner helps sometimes. 

legacy-meet.jpg

If it is clear backing, then I prefer the upper ones - assuming it will be white vinyl silhouette. But I will go with whatever majority picks. For the record, I'd take 5.

As for the original thread not being accessible - I do not see Site Announcements section to begin with.  Hope this helps to isolate the issue.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Site announcements is visible when not logged in. Log in and it disappears. Try to post and you dont have permission. Mods working on it. Only Tide can make the changes required.  But sounds like it might be easier to just move the thread back and remove it from the site announcements. Love how the new forum does not work as well as the old one. Progress, lol.

I will ask Brian for clarification if background is clear.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Enlight said:

I got a cheap one off of Amazon to hard mount a camera setup on my hood, they've worked quite well.

What are you attaching?

image.thumb.png.fba19b0be60cfcf3c98a40b087b492e3.png

Parts No 5 & 6.

They're just held in with a couple of spot welds, which I will definietly have to sand/grind out to remove the rusted old parts anyway. I figured since the frame is in good shape, and my welding skills are only about a 4/10 , it would be just as good to use some 6mm nutserts where the spot welds were originally. Some red locktite on the outside of the nutsert when inserted and a little dab of blue on the inside SS bolts holding them in place should be as good as new when it's done. Sort of the same idea as people who cut out the centre section of part no. 1 and make bolt in braces so the front of the car can be completely opened up if doing some kind of engine swap.

I reckon these parts don't have any meaningful contribution to structural rigidity, since they are about the thinnest stamped metal things you're going to find on the car. I also found a used Cusco front frame brace that connects the two front frame members to the lower attachment point (at the bottom of part no 4.) which should shore things up nicely in case I am wrong.

A little scuff sanding and a coat of black paint, and you should never even know it's there....

I can try and move the ECM thread back to the original location until Tide gets a chance to look at why some people can't access the Site Announcements if you would like.

I don't think it'll mess something up, I can test it with another thread first.

Update: I tested with a new thread that I featured, moved to Site Announcements, then back to Off Topic and it seemed to work fine.

Edited by Infosecdad
  • Like 2

I need to do a good spring cleaning.

I think I'm going to try to install my JDM headlights and leveler wiring pre-meet if possible.

I think there may be a couple suspension bushings that I haven't replaced yet, if so, those are on the list.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my tune scheduled for April, but I realized my rear sway bar looks bent. Seems it took the brunt of the force when I spun out and wrecked my car years ago.... I was looking at my end links, thought the bushings were shot so I changed them and saw the brand new bushings were completely distorted like they were under constant load. So my real question is I really don't want to spend another dime on this car until I see my diy built motor survive a dyno, even for a 225 dollar rear bar, so can I get an alignment with a bent sway bar? Now some other things are starting to make sense, something felt off in the rear passenger side when driving which is where the sway bar end is bent and caved in from the impact.

Been really busy lately so haven't been able to put in much in much wrench time, but I am still trying to get to the meet.  

Sorry, have not run a GB on the Hotchkis bars in YEARS.  I had to have 100 sets sold to get them to produce.  Same for the Epic springs. 

On a brighter note, have your self a cold adult beverage.  The OP said "eh", its in the thread title, LOL. 

• Haha 4