LegacyGT.com

June 16-18, '23 - Carlisle, PA: LegacyGT.com East Coast Meetup

Enlight

Weekend Availability for East Coast Meet  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekends are you available?

This poll is closed to new votes

Click here to share your availability (Exp. 2/17)  Use forum poll

Alright, I've gone ahead and created a poll for all weekends from May through June (except for June 30) to keep the momentum up. Know that Friday would mean Friday evening through Sunday. Of course Saturday arrivals are fine. The poll will close February 17 at the latest, sooner if people respond quickly. When filling out the poll please include your forum name for ease of tracking.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

• I Donated
On 2/2/2023 at 7:05 AM, THE RZA said:

I am still around! My WRX is my 2nd/3rd car these days :lol: mainly driving a 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 & 2022 Cadillac CT4V-Blackwing (garage queen :lol: ) 

I split my time for work between Central NJ & Central Maryland (Frederick), am pretty flexible with locations

Frederick, huh? We've gotta meet up sometime independent of this whole east coast meet thing. I'm like 45 minutes away. 

Hilariously, I have a super busy summer, but all the weekends I absolutely can't do are in July and early August, so most of those May/June slots are fine. My guess is there's going to be a Saturday in May, maybe one in June, that I can't do because of autocross, but the schedule isn't out yet so I can't say which one. Right now, though, the only slot on the Doodle that's kind of iffy is the last weekend in June, since I'll be preparing for a trip starting the next weekend. 

I am definitely down for Carlisle, since it's probably 60-90 minutes from me, but I could do something a bit further afield too. Let's say a maximum of 3-4 hours from Baltimore. 

Seriously.  The old timers have been moving closer and not realizing.  @THE RZA and any of the old Tri-State members from my days in NYC have a standing invitation to my home.  Wife will not complain as she very much enjoyed the company of the girlfriend (now wife).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thefultonhow said:

Frederick, huh? We've gotta meet up sometime independent of this whole east coast meet thing. I'm like 45 minutes away. 

Hilariously, I have a super busy summer, but all the weekends I absolutely can't do are in July and early August, so most of those May/June slots are fine. My guess is there's going to be a Saturday in May, maybe one in June, that I can't do because of autocross, but the schedule isn't out yet so I can't say which one. Right now, though, the only slot on the Doodle that's kind of iffy is the last weekend in June, since I'll be preparing for a trip starting the next weekend. 

I am definitely down for Carlisle, since it's probably 60-90 minutes from me, but I could do something a bit further afield too. Let's say a maximum of 3-4 hours from Baltimore. 

I’m down there a lot. My Sister & Brother in law just moved to Cockeysville (they were in Rosedale for 17 years). My fiance is from Rockville originally, her mom & step dad live in Potomac, Dad & step mom live in Bethesda…she likes the idea of us moving to MoCo but I don’t. MD is more or less than same as NJ. 

but yes East Coast Meet will be fun, hopefully @StoplightAssassin can make sure your malibus both leave in tact :hide: 

Edited by THE RZA

On 2/1/2023 at 2:56 PM, m sprank said:

Mike! I'm not active on this forum anymore as I sold my Spec B a while ago. Still in the car scene though! I'm also located like 30 min from you in Frederick! Driving a MK7 Golf R and a 2012 GX460 now! A sampling of the rides I've had since we all got together last. I would def be down to meet up. Got a 9 year old and a 1 year old now though, so may depend on schedules lining up. 

802C0A70-CD48-4AA8-BDB1-F7214C3A4213_1_105_c.jpeg

2D87A0CA-57B0-42C8-8F36-E1685E773A60_1_105_c.jpeg

371C1339-C774-4518-B825-310BED4E33B1_1_105_c.jpeg

A4995C12-C301-404E-8E99-73A4334989BC_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by pathfin9
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, pathfin9 said:

Mike! I'm not active on this forum anymore as I sold my Spec B a while ago. Still in the car scene though! I'm also located like 30 min from you in Frederick! Driving a MK7 Golf R and a 2012 GX460 now! A sampling of the rides I've had since we all got together last. I would def be down to meet up. Got a 9 year old and a 1 year old now though, so may depend on schedules lining up. 

802C0A70-CD48-4AA8-BDB1-F7214C3A4213_1_105_c.jpeg

2D87A0CA-57B0-42C8-8F36-E1685E773A60_1_105_c.jpeg

371C1339-C774-4518-B825-310BED4E33B1_1_105_c.jpeg

A4995C12-C301-404E-8E99-73A4334989BC_1_105_c.jpeg

My daughter turns 10 in April!  Life is crazy sometimes.  I work from home with accts in DC.  Wife teaches in Charles Town.  We can make a mini meet anytime. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers. 

9 minutes ago, m sprank said:

My daughter turns 10 in April!  Life is crazy sometimes.  I work from home with accts in DC.  Wife teaches in Charles Town.  We can make a mini meet anytime. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers. 

WIll do! I think this photo is from one of the last times we all met up before you headed out to Cali:

image.thumb.png.c7e830d21ce3bba4f13d905e3cc1b9ce.png

• Like 2

Someone asked to take pix of my sound system at that meet (Rutts  Hutt!!!) and I popped the trunk for them. I cant find any pix of my own and I had 3 different systems in that car.  

Pretty sure I have that exact pic on my archive drive.  May 2009?

Carlisle works for me 365. 

Edited by m sprank
  • Like 1

As of Feb. 5 there have been 3 responses to the poll indicating June 16th weekend (Father's Day weekend) as the most ideal. I need you guys to chime in even if your availability is wide open as more responses beget more interest.

Click here to share your availability (Exp. 2/17)  Use forum poll

• Thanks 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

20 minutes ago, Enlight said:

As of Feb. 5 there have been 3 responses to the poll indicating June 16th weekend (Father's Day weekend) as the most ideal. I need you guys to chime in even if your availability is wide open as more responses beget more interest.

Click here to share your availability (Exp. 2/17)

Done and Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Not at all, people can cast their votes again on the forum poll if they wish, it's still helpful for people who might be on the fence to see. For those who don't want to bother, rest assured your vote has been counted.

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

Submitted into the poll. Sorry for the delay.

Carlisle is a reasonable 6-7 hours from Canadia, at least if you're close to the border like I am. That should leave enough time for me to do the necassary work to feel comfortable driving that far in a foriegn country, and 'reliably' get there and back.

I will, however, not have time to the planned body work before that, so hopefully nobody harshes too much on my rust belt car and it's nasty rear fenders and missing sills. 😬

She'll keep up with the pack anyway... Just not so much with anybody packing a big turbo upgrade.

Not to get too far ahead of all this, but is it worth discussing if one of the local state parks that seem to be in the vicinity are a good candidate for any of us that prefer a camp out? I'm not one for hotels at the best of times, and would go it alone in a park before staying at a motel, but I think I wasn't the only one who also mentioned enjoying 'camping' as part of the package...

• Like 1

@EnlightCarlisle, Pennsylvania 17013 is the location? Trying to estimate the drive time and that one looks good from where I am.

For anyone in I-95 corridor north of NYC - getting through CT is a wild card.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Oof! Unfortunately, none of those weekends work for me. I will abstain from voting. Please take plenty of pics and post them! 

I would like to drive the Tail of the Dragon with some of the others who were interested here, sometime on the weekend of July 14-16. I'll make a separate thread just for this to see if it garners any traction.

• Like 2

MILKRUN  - Click Here

3 hours ago, KZJonny said:

She'll keep up with the pack anyway... Just not so much with anybody packing a big turbo upgrade.

Not to get too far ahead of all this, but is it worth discussing if one of the local state parks that seem to be in the vicinity are a good candidate for any of us that prefer a camp out? I'm not one for hotels at the best of times, and would go it alone in a park before staying at a motel, but I think I wasn't the only one who also mentioned enjoying 'camping' as part of the package...

You will be just fine, I don't think anyone is interested in any felonious driving. While I think we all enjoy some twisty roads, anyone who is displaying gross disregard for the public will be asked to leave. I am going to look at some sites that have a diversity of lodging options with an emphasis on camping. I imagine it will be nice for people to sit around a campfire in the evenings, trade stories and kick back a few beers. Ideally, it can be a campsite with some cabin options.

2 hours ago, SubOperator said:

@EnlightCarlisle, Pennsylvania 17013 is the location? Trying to estimate the drive time and that one looks good from where I am.

Final location is TBD but central PA looks to be equidistant for most.

26 minutes ago, Febreze Mee said:

Oof! Unfortunately, none of those weekends work for me. I will abstain from voting. Please take plenty of pics and post them!

I would like to drive the Tail of the Dragon with some of the others who were interested here, sometime on the weekend of July 14-16. I'll make a separate thread just for this to see if it garners any traction.

I'm very interested, post up the link here so others can join.

• Like 1

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

• I Donated
3 hours ago, SubOperator said:

Take I-84 to I-81. Carlisle is right on I-81. Easy. 

Or, if you're closer to NYC, I-78 to I-81 works too. 

• Thanks 1

So I voted as available for Memorial Day weekend (5/26-5/29) but that is with a stipulation. I am in CT for the memorial day races at Lime Rock Park in CT (just spectating with family), and thought maybe that could be a fun possible meet up location given the environment and activities. If that doesn't work as a location then I would be a no go for that weekend.

• Like 1

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

This thread already has members connecting again after 10+ years away.  @pathfin9 and I were texting today.  Hopefully we can meet for lunch or maybe some offroading soon.  

@boxkitawho I only met briefly, has made a most generous offer to assist in me possibly aquiring a donor LGT.  And wants to attend from 2500 miles away.

I am certain more good things are to come from this thread.  It did not used to be so difficult, a net was cast across a county or 3 and you had 15-20 cars show up.  Trying to appease 1/3 of the US and Canada is a more than respectable endeavor.  I commend @Enlightfor taking the time and initiative.  I raise a toast to you good sir!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the kind words, @m sprank! It's for personal enjoyment as much as it is for the community.

I've gone ahead and plotted a little map just to get a visual idea of where everyone is, it looks like there's a nice contingent around Boston that ought to get together sometime. More interestingly, with the exception of our forum member from Greenville, SC, the central location seems to be the Fingers Lake region of NY which includes the famed Watkins Glen. The region itself has many great roads and points of interest.

Hrmmm...

muFreight.co

Bessie II's Thread

17 hours ago, SubOperator said:

I’ll save you loads of time. 

as @thefultonhowsaid you could to 84 to 81.

You can also do 95 to 287 across the Tappan Zee, take 287 S in NJ, get on 78 W in Bridgewater, NJ and take that all the way to where 78 ends and merges in to 81 just outside of Harrisburg, then it’s another hour half or so to Carlisle.

So 95S-287S-78W-81S

Edited by THE RZA
  • Thanks 1