LegacyGT.com

Marvick08GT's Ridiculous Build!

get it now! u know u want it! injectors have a good resale value, sell the old ones buy the new ones! U post injectors 4 sale on nasioc and they will be gone within a week.

Its called trauma lol! Took me a while before I could drive the car like a normally did. U get right back on that horse, horsepower!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Appreciate it, just didnt think i would have to do it twice! As long as I make it past 2600mi right.... ;)

Ordered an STI legacy rear subframe with the oem metal bushings. Wouldn't you know, a regular subframe was sent! They are seeing if they have one in the new shipment. Subframe is in great shape (no rust) and I could use it I guess. Only paid 240 shipped so it was a great price.

Edited by Marvick08GT

Seems similar to the STI bushings some STI years got. Seems like a metal sleeve with some rubber around it.

Not a huge deal, I can just throw some bushings in, and mine is rusted to hell. That and not wanting to cut bolts off... Replacing all arms and the subframe I can leave most things attached and pull it together.

Screenshot_20220128-150227_eBay.thumb.jpg.1cc885e2886ca7a59fce44dec2ec7503.jpg

Edited by Marvick08GT

• 3 weeks later...
Seems similar to the STI bushings some STI years got. Seems like a metal sleeve with some rubber around it.

Not a huge deal, I can just throw some bushings in, and mine is rusted to hell. That and not wanting to cut bolts off... Replacing all arms and the subframe I can leave most things attached and pull it together.

Just did the this process. Makes things so much easier I thought.

Good deal , I wasn't here for the whole build and even I was a bit crushed when it went boom !

Such an awesome build.

Basically every bush in my rear needs replaced, it taking it all like this the way to go ?

Write up anywhere ?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes.

I'll look for it.

I seem to recall member "covertrussian" did it.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/complete-bushing-guide-bl-bp-281856.html?t=281856&highlight=covertrussian

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 months later...

Longblock is assembled and will be installed and running next week. Can't wait to drive my baby!

Waiting for the spec sheets, some of the parts are different/better. The Carrillo rods got bushed to custom specs and 7 of the buckets needed replaced to make everything tight/consistent.

Edited by Marvick08GT

• 2 weeks later...
Had the car almost a week now. About 300 miles. Decel vacuum is around 11.28 (was 10.45 when picked up) I have run the break in as recommended by the tuner again. Car feels smoother? Not sure how, once I am able to open it up I will see. There were no map changes, I was also told if I wanted any map changes I need a standalone due to the Cobb issue.....

Had the car almost a week now. About 300 miles. Decel vacuum is around 11.28 (was 10.45 when picked up) I have run the break in as recommended by the tuner again. Car feels smoother? Not sure how, once I am able to open it up I will see. There were no map changes, I was also told if I wanted any map changes I need a standalone due to the Cobb issue.....
Ahh yes the lovely Cobb drama, this one bit me as well.

What stand alone did they recommend ?

Tuner wants me to use 300v 15w50 in the summer and 5w40 in the winter.

Runs great, can't wait to change the oil and give it some sauce. Still paranoid because of the last one.. I will probably drive up when I have time and just let them look the car over (records, I have ptsd now..)

Still need to do the rear subframe and whiteline bars/bushings. Still haven't painted the grampus mirrors yet... working on it lol

Standalone for what? Car is fully tuned and sorted. I do have some plans though. My thoughts are I should be more at 34 psi, all of the wdc logs show they are pulling spool up and boost with this tune. I was told this was all the turbo had, not particularly happy, but will wait until the warranty is done to tune it again.

Standalone for what? Car is fully tuned and sorted. I do have some plans though. My thoughts are I should be more at 34 psi, all of the wdc logs show they are pulling spool up and boost with this tune. I was told this was all the turbo had, not particularly happy, but will wait until the warranty is done to tune it again.
O you just mentioned your tuner said if wanted to re tune had to go stand alone

Changed the oil and gave her some boost. Car died, blew off the pipe to the throttle body. Luckily i carry a tool kit in the trunk...

A little back story, this pipe cost me $300 for them to custom make it, then they put a gun on the damn clamp... seriously pissed rn. Have it on decently, but it needs fixed.....

20220604_160451_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.c99686f631d58e7fed4979085753f5bf.jpg