LegacyGT.com

Marvick08GT's Ridiculous Build!

Don't come in here with all that common sense.. :lol:

Agreed, trying to save money where I can!... :spin:

Voices in the wilderness. Sometimes they aren't trying to lure you...

Take out the scoop, cover the hole with racer tape (gorilla, duct, duck, packing, aluminum, scotch, paper, etc), and wait. After a couple hours looking at the mess, you'll be at the junkyard buying a hood and dropping it off at maaco for a respray. Or if you get a close color match, leave it on for weeks. ahem.

amazon says $40 for a large sheet in your hood color - VViViD Meteorite Dark Grey True R Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Roll with Air Release Technology (6ft x 5ft) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L9JBJTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6BGHBF6FQ7TSKTYQ913S?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I still have the scoop, everything i tried (tape,, cardboard etc) blew out, so I made a plug from the front bumper foam.... almost the same color as the car lmao and fits flush so it's not that noticeable.

Chase bays bracket for my coolant reservior was backordered a few days so they sent me a coupon. Ended up getting the P/S reservior and line kit as well and they will ship together for the same price.

Edited by Marvick08GT

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Killer B pipe finally along with the ChaseBays coolant reservior. Hoping the inlet pipe adds some character to the sound, this turbo should be sucking!

Agile had me drop the car off! Shouldn't be too much longer now!

20210720_111814_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.d73ab8b544f570235fa9a2ce3f45043c.jpg

20210720_111826_copy_1209x1612.thumb.jpg.72ca9f769dbc1716072e5bc95ea5471a.jpg

20210720_111857_copy_1612x1209.thumb.jpg.56cb2bdbea3fa4885cfc192d8400bc31.jpg

Let us know how that Killer B inlet works w/ LGT fitment!

Got the Killer B pipe finally along with the ChaseBays coolant reservior. Hoping the inlet pipe adds some character to the sound, this turbo should be sucking!

Agile had me drop the car off! Shouldn't be too much longer now!

There is more space with the plastic manifold than the STI metal manifold, shouldn't be an issue. Most kits differentiate for ease of install (plug and play) and most of my connections are not factory lol. Definitely excited as the pipe has some serious flow capability, would definitely benefit the Blouch as well.

Will update when they update me!

Edited by Marvick08GT

This is how you go over the top building a Subaru vehicle! WE recommend that no one out there ever builds a Subaru this extreme. The investment is in the $100,000's with the special parts and custom everything. However, we are currently working on our new engine that we are very hopeful will produce 1200whp. We have built this vehicle to be used for track days or at the drag strip with mild changes. The problem when drag racing is the transmission is too difficult to shift between 2nd and 3rd and we waste a lot of time. We have reduced the tune to 754whp and 644ft.lbs when doing track days. Our 0-60 times are 2.1 seconds and then we have to shift to 3rd. So, we are looking at using a Lenco 4 speed in conjunction with a custom light weight torque converter as the solution. If they ever have the Legacy meet in San Jose in the future this vehicle will be their on display. This vehicle is a race only vehicle and not to be driven on the streets!

Event: Dyno-9-2021 Grandpa’s Toy

Ambient Temp: ?

Elevation: 1366 ft

Weather: Sunny

Maximum Power=MAP #1=970whp at 6100rpm and 812 ft lbs. of torque@ 5200rpm,

Car: 2005 Legacy GT

Tuner: Travis (Snail Racing)

Dyno Info: Dyno-Jet, STP correction

Transmission: STI – Spec B - 6 speed, First four gears are STI gears, fifth and sixth are much taller providing much more top end than an STI Transmission.

Cobb Quick Shift Kit, Considering purchasing a Lenco four speed transmission!

Oil: Amsoil Synthetic 10-40wt.

Fuel: Ignite E90

Weight: Stock-3485lbs, Lightened-2635lbs,

Engine/Power Modifications:

Outfront Motorsports V4-2.5Liter Closed Deck Block Cobb AP V3 running- Speed Density

Perrin Heavy Duty Motor & Transmission Mounts CSF Oversized Radiator, w/built-in oil cooler

Cosworth HP Oil Pump PTFE fuel system

Crawford High Pressure water pump ETS FMIC w/ 4" core

CP 8:4 pistons Supertech +1mm Inconel larger valves with matched springs

Currently using Kelford R-199-D Cams

For new motor, Elgin Custom cams will be used, 8mmTGV Phenolic Intake Spacers

ID 2000cc top feed injectors & Radium fuel rail Radium TGV Deletes

Radium Engineering Surge Tank ETS Custom 4” Cool Air System (modified by M&M)

3-Walbro 455 LPH Staged Fuel pumps Comp Turbo Custom Twin Scroll Turbo-CT4x-6065-3bb unit

Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods ATI Crank Pulley

Pinned King Bearings Crawford Catch Can

STI crank in existing motor,

Manley Billet crank will be installed in new motor. Tomei Adjustable Cam Sprockets

M & M Custom 3” Down Pipe

M & M Custom 3” Exhaust, Up-Pipe T4 mount, dual dump tubes w/twin 44mm Tial wastegates

Outfront Motorsports 1/2" head studs, ARP bolts and studs used throughout the entire motor

Current engine uses a set of ported heads. However, the new motor will use custom Heads and head work by Replika Machinsen Porting & Valve job. These heads flow 22% more than IAG Stage 4 heads.

All running gear was balanced and cryoed & WEP Treated

IAG- EJ Competition Oil Pan, V2 Oil Pickup, Competition Baffle and Windage Tray

Driveline Modifications:

Kyb adjustable shocks & Struts Whiteline Differential Reinforced Chassis mounts

Rallytek Springs AVO End Links

Rallytek Sway Bars Torque Solutions Full Support Driveshaft Carrier Bearing

Megan Racing Adjustable Front and Rear linkage

All bushings on car have been replaced with Polyurethane bushings

Drive Shaft Shop - Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Wheels & Brakes

EBC Rotors Motul High Temp Brake Fluid

Brembo four piston front calipers RPF1-Custom Powder Coated Enkei Racing Rims

Special Compound EBC Brake Pads Toyo Red Dot High Performance Tires, or M&H Slicks

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Interior

Kirkey Seat and cushions

Custom Rollbar

Custom Lexan Windows

Custom PLX and Innovate-Data logging Digital Guages

Element Fire Extinguishers

All that money and no sequential trans, Cmon man :lol: What's another 20k. That is a crazy build. I will look for the part out down the road :)

Weight: Stock-3485lbs, Lightened-2635lbs!!!!!

and part number for cf driveshaft?

This is how you go over the top building a Subaru vehicle! WE recommend that no one out there ever builds a Subaru this extreme. The investment is in the $100,000's with the special parts and custom everything. However, we are currently working on our new engine that we are very hopeful will produce 1200whp. We have built this vehicle to be used for track days or at the drag strip with mild changes. The problem when drag racing is the transmission is too difficult to shift between 2nd and 3rd and we waste a lot of time. We have reduced the tune to 754whp and 644ft.lbs when doing track days. Our 0-60 times are 2.1 seconds and then we have to shift to 3rd. So, we are looking at using a Lenco 4 speed in conjunction with a custom light weight torque converter as the solution. If they ever have the Legacy meet in San Jose in the future this vehicle will be their on display. This vehicle is a race only vehicle and not to be driven on the streets!

Event: Dyno-9-2021 Grandpa’s Toy

Ambient Temp: ?

Elevation: 1366 ft

Weather: Sunny

Maximum Power=MAP #1=970whp at 6100rpm and 812 ft lbs. of torque@ 5200rpm,

Car: 2005 Legacy GT

Tuner: Travis (Snail Racing)

Dyno Info: Dyno-Jet, STP correction

Transmission: STI – Spec B - 6 speed, First four gears are STI gears, fifth and sixth are much taller providing much more top end than an STI Transmission.

Cobb Quick Shift Kit, Considering purchasing a Lenco four speed transmission!

Oil: Amsoil Synthetic 10-40wt.

Fuel: Ignite E90

Weight: Stock-3485lbs, Lightened-2635lbs,

Engine/Power Modifications:

Outfront Motorsports V4-2.5Liter Closed Deck Block Cobb AP V3 running- Speed Density

Perrin Heavy Duty Motor & Transmission Mounts CSF Oversized Radiator, w/built-in oil cooler

Cosworth HP Oil Pump PTFE fuel system

Crawford High Pressure water pump ETS FMIC w/ 4" core

CP 8:4 pistons Supertech +1mm Inconel larger valves with matched springs

Currently using Kelford R-199-D Cams

For new motor, Elgin Custom cams will be used, 8mmTGV Phenolic Intake Spacers

ID 2000cc top feed injectors & Radium fuel rail Radium TGV Deletes

Radium Engineering Surge Tank ETS Custom 4” Cool Air System (modified by M&M)

3-Walbro 455 LPH Staged Fuel pumps Comp Turbo Custom Twin Scroll Turbo-CT4x-6065-3bb unit

Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods ATI Crank Pulley

Pinned King Bearings Crawford Catch Can

STI crank in existing motor,

Manley Billet crank will be installed in new motor. Tomei Adjustable Cam Sprockets

M & M Custom 3” Down Pipe

M & M Custom 3” Exhaust, Up-Pipe T4 mount, dual dump tubes w/twin 44mm Tial wastegates

Outfront Motorsports 1/2" head studs, ARP bolts and studs used throughout the entire motor

Current engine uses a set of ported heads. However, the new motor will use custom Heads and head work by Replika Machinsen Porting & Valve job. These heads flow 22% more than IAG Stage 4 heads.

All running gear was balanced and cryoed & WEP Treated

IAG- EJ Competition Oil Pan, V2 Oil Pickup, Competition Baffle and Windage Tray

Driveline Modifications:

Kyb adjustable shocks & Struts Whiteline Differential Reinforced Chassis mounts

Rallytek Springs AVO End Links

Rallytek Sway Bars Torque Solutions Full Support Driveshaft Carrier Bearing

Megan Racing Adjustable Front and Rear linkage

All bushings on car have been replaced with Polyurethane bushings

Drive Shaft Shop - Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Wheels & Brakes

EBC Rotors Motul High Temp Brake Fluid

Brembo four piston front calipers RPF1-Custom Powder Coated Enkei Racing Rims

Special Compound EBC Brake Pads Toyo Red Dot High Performance Tires, or M&H Slicks

Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Interior

Kirkey Seat and cushions

Custom Rollbar

Custom Lexan Windows

Custom PLX and Innovate-Data logging Digital Guages

Element Fire Extinguishers

• 2 weeks later...
The prodrive GC-010E setup and STI front strut bar arrived from InfoSecDad! Thanks again!

Still waiting on the rev D mesh grille and grampus folding mirrors!

Can't wait for her to be ready..

Did the packaging hold up for the wheels?

Those can be a challenge to ship.

Sure did, now I'm on the hunt for 1 center cap. Found 1 in Russia, but still looking! Also found a place that sells the carbon fiber overlay that says prodrive, so once I find a good one I will probably powdercoat and then throw new emblems on.

Can't wait to put these on, should be night and day with my factory 18"s and Michelins...

Yeah, those center caps are almost impossible to find any more. I've seen only one on Yahoo Japan (through Buyee.jp) before, and finding one in good condition is even harder. I'm trying to do the same for my P1s now since they were plastic and 3/4 are shot. There is a guy in the UK on eBay that has a number of overlay stickers that seem to be decent.

? I don't have a carbon fiber driveshaft. I have a brand new subaru driveshaft per my builders recommendations. I have had CF and Aluminum before on different vehicles, you can tell the difference but there is almost always vibration at high speed

Nice! I want to see how they got the Killer B inlet installed!

There were a few posts on IG recently with the inlet used with our plastic manifolds. The front mounting position was retained which is nice but some slight modification was needed where the EBCS bracket sits. Hoping you can share some detailed photos.

Got a call today, they asked me why I only got a timing belt and not water pump and pulleys etc. I literally replaced the avcs components etc for no reason. I asked them why they forgot it on the build? ROFL

Don't use old f'ng parts! TF....