LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

I was tested yesterday at a local Well Now Urgent Care and my temp was not taken. A semi uncomfortable swabbing of the nasal cavity and I was on my way in less than 10 mins. Testing was due diligence as I was recently at the ER with my mother, whom unfortunately passed away due to cardiac arrest. 2020 officially sucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I was tested yesterday at a local Well Now Urgent Care and my temp was not taken. A semi uncomfortable swabbing of the nasal cavity and I was on my way in less than 10 mins. Testing was due diligence as I was recently at the ER with my mother, whom unfortunately passed away due to cardiac arrest. 2020 officially sucks.

Sorry to hear about you mother, sadly I know exactly how that feels.

If you need to talk about anything just know that I am here to listen.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

So sorry to hear that. My sympathy.

oh that's a bummer. sorry to hear.

Sorry bro, my condolences. Let us know if you want to talk.

Sorry to hear about that, man. At the least you were able to be with her during that time. Hang in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I need to clarify that mom didn't pass from covid-19 and also my test came back negative just three days later. Thanks to the community for your thoughts, prayers and condolences.

What I was wondering for quite some time has been confirmed. FYI, I had Sars Covid 1 in late 2002-2003, so its very likely I have T-cells from it

Scientists Uncover Evidence That a Level of Pre-Existing COVID-19 / SARS-CoV-2 Immunity Is Present in the General Population

https://scitechdaily.com/scientists-uncover-evidence-that-a-level-of-pre-existing-covid-19-sars-cov-2-immunity-is-present-in-the-general-population/

Edited by DickDastardly00

Real virus ----- fake pandemic

Seriously? How is it not a pandemic? A pandemic is an infectious disease that has spread across multiple countries/continents - COVID19 is pretty much a global outbreak. It is, by definition, a pandemic.

Do you think the earth is flat, too?

Spent the weekend in OH for a family funeral. We socially distanced and wore masks. They hosted a gathering of 40 peeps. They all think the virus is a hoax. They thought we were over reacting even though a woman (fully masked and distanced) 2 weeks from her due date, and the last of the uncles at 75 YO were in attendance. Sigh.

Sorry for your loss. Seems lots of folks have that attitude even still... pretty scary with a kiddo in college (thus far, no confirmed cases there yet, so we remain positive). I understand folks coming to the "it's not that bad" conclusion, particularly if they know folks who went through it with minimal symptoms, but it's pretty hard to explain away the several hundred thousand deaths in this country alone (even if you do argue that a portion of them had a pre-existing condition), the number of folks on invasive ventilators, etc. I myself am not terribly concerned about me getting it and having issues, but both my wife and one of my kids are high risk, so the thought of bringing it home to them - or passing it on to anyone else who is high risk for one reason or another - scares the crap out of me.

I teach at the same university my daughter just started attending. They have a small number of positive cases, and are doing a pretty good job and trying to keep it managed. But my younger son is at a higher risk and I might be; each day I wonder if I just brought it home from some student and shared it with everyone. I love teaching in person so much so over remote teaching, but it's really wearing on me dealing with this daily.

This seems to confirm earlier suspicions.

Vitamin D deficiency increases a person's risk for catching COVID-19 by 77% compared to those with sufficient levels of the nutrient, a study published Thursday by JAMA Network Open found.

As many as one in four of the nearly 500 participants in the study were found to have less-than-optimal levels of vitamin D, the data showed.

Among those found to be lacking the key nutrient, 22% contracted COVID-19, the data showed.

Of the 60% of study subjects with adequate vitamin D levels, just 12% were infected, according to the researchers.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/09/03/Vitamin-D-deficiency-raises-COVID-19-infection-risk-by-77-study-finds/7001599139929/

453747.png

Only 12% of people want to work from home according to a new study, most people require more of a social aspect to their lives or they become depressed. Only the most introverted people can hack it.

I seen that y'all were speaking on this Vitamin D deficiency and been trying to be outside more to get some of that since I am deficient already, but I also WFH and dont really socialize anymore so....

take vitamin D as a pill. 5000iu a day is enough to counteract the lack of daily activity. Flintstone kids vitamin has 100% of your vitamin D requirement too.

15 minutes outside in the sun is enough to get a daily dose

Only 12% of people want to work from home according to a new study, most people require more of a social aspect to their lives or they become depressed. Only the most introverted people can hack it.

ppl loved working from home until they figured out they were "working" the whole time. "Working" implies doing everything possible to avoid actual work.

We used to calculate work time on projects at 30-50% of a person's daily work hours, and still slipped deadlines.

ppl loved working from home until they figured out they were "working" the whole time. "Working" implies doing everything possible to avoid actual work.

We used to calculate work time on projects at 30-50% of a person's daily work hours, and still slipped deadlines.

And there it is, the unbridled truth.

When I work from home, I can stay very focused all day long, often I get more done from home because I don't have coworker distractions, but many people can't. Then add remote learning, kids at home to the mix and it's a recipe for not getting much done. For these reasons, I just don't see working remotely as 'the future' of the workplace. It has a place but that's about it.

I loved working from home. Saved on the 4 hours of commute time, no coworkers interrupting, much easier to binge watch entire seasons of shows while "working".

tbf, though, my job was 90% waiting for something to fail and 10% trying to figure if I should cut the red or blue wire or call it user error. Except for the money, I'm glad my job is redundant.