LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

I was invited to join my parking lot business's condo board because two of its members died to COVID. I tried all manner of efforts to join five years ago, now that they invited me I don't want it. Regardless, it's a no brainer to join in case anything threatens our interests.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I've been dealing with COVID for a week now.

It sucks.

For me, new symptoms almost every day.

Not getting better yet.

I've had fever, shortness of breath, cough, major fatigue, headaches, diarrhea, ear pain, eye pain, chest pain, general weakness, inability to focus for more than 5 min, can't talk for more than a couple min, getting up to pee results in bracing myself on the way back, heavy breathing for 5 min and a heart rate in the 110s. Haven't tasted or smelled anything for a week. My wife brought me pop tarts, I asked "what color"... :lol:

It varies for people, I can only speak for my own experience; and this experience really sucks. I've been locked in my room for a week now trying to keep my family from getting it. Hoping each day that it will start to improve. Maybe tomorrow is the day.

Somehow I totally missed this, I hope you are feeling better now. Sars Covid 1 was very similar symptom-wise. I got back my sense of smell after about 6 months so don't be alarmed if it doesn't come back in the near term.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

six months of beer tasting like water? argh!

I could still taste food, I just couldn't smell it all. So theoretically I could've been at a BBQ enjoying a seasoned, marinated drumstick that was seared to perfection on a wood-fired grill and then you could've farted right next to me. The food would taste the same but I wouldn't have smelled any of the fart. It's was strangely sort of handy that way.

It's weird the way it works, I always thought the two senses were more linked than that, because when you have sinus cold, you can't taste anything.

My aunt (mom’s sister) died a few days ago of COVID. She had a lot of underlying health issues and was so weak she had been in a nursing home for the past year. She had been hospitalized two or three times in the last year. Uncontrolled diabetes, overweight, and may have had an undiagnosed stroke.

My mom had a bad week last week, my dad died of a stroke or heart attack on Monday the 26th then her sister on the 30th.

Thanks. On the plus side my 88 year old grandma and her 2nd husband who is 84 both got COVID. She was up and around and never hospitalized and her husband has been discharged from the hospital.

The difference in outcome boils down to both of them not letting underlying medical conditions get totally out of control.

• 3 weeks later...

Now my in-laws in Washington State have come down with Chinese Lung Herpes.

They’ve followed the lock down and mask wearing restrictions with almost religious zeal. They prostrated themselves and voted for Joe Biden, and preached the evils of not wearing masks and socially distancing this summer when we saw them.

Didn’t matter, they still got COVID. Chances are high that they will recover and be just fine.

All that ass pain and self flagellation, and it didn’t matter.

I look forward to their recovery so I can make fun of them properly in person next year.

Nah they’re over in the Clarkston area.

They’re not torching anything, my father in law is an good old farm boy who did professional sales for a career and my mother in law wouldn’t say shit if she had a mouth full of it. They’re nice law abiding people, they don’t have a mean bone in their bodies.

Did you ask them where they’d been in the interim? You must be curious, or not. I hope their conditions and genetics are in their favor. Unless you aren’t particularly fond of them...which sounds doubtful. Best wishes to y’all.

No inquiry into their movements and exposures.

I can guess that they go to the grocery store etc, but masked up and maintained distance. They’re retired so no work exposure.

My wife’s sister and her family live nearby, and they probably have exposure to them. Their granddaughter is 12 or 13 and in school. So possibly an exposure there to an asymptomatic carrier?

Mother in law says she’s feeling better, father in law isn’t but is no worse. Neither are hospitalized at this time.

Glad to hear they’re ok so far. Lots of opportunities to acquire dependent upon all the possible routes acknowledged or not. Hoping they fare well and dodge any unexpected turns. Hope they are self isolating. I mean LOCKING THEMSELVES DOWN... that hyperbole isn’t helpful. And hope they got their flu vaxxxxxxxxxine.....

cases are rising very rapidly here in NM (exponentially, one might say...) - I really hope folks can control themselves over the holidays around the country or it's going to be a mess. they are locking things down, but with it being the holidays, I am guessing lots of folks won't listen...

Capture.thumb.JPG.307ae9426d95dca4ca4d207670f7a033.JPG

It's already a mess, been a mess for months now, and now, 3 new independent studies showing that masks don't do shit. Look at the one out of Finland...

I know people have been passionate about the mask thing for months now, and yes, I wear one everywhere in public, but you can't argue with science and the science says the virus will pass right through even an N95 mask.

If I fart through a pair of underwear, the underwear is not going to contain the fart. If I'm Asymptomatic and cough through a mask...same damn thing. This virus is far smaller than any fart gasses, your mask might make you 1% safer according to these new studies. One freaking percent.

If people really don't want to get sick, then stay TF home. Your mask is doing hardly anything to make others safer and it's a bunch of PC bs to suggest otherwise. What will really stop Viral transmissions is if people aren't in close proximity to each other, like at all, mask or no mask. Which is why China's draconian stay-at-home measure were so effective.

PS,

the 6ft social distance guideline is also bs, needs to more like 18-24ft to be effective.

Edit, I meant Denmark not Finland

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Edited by DickDastardly00