LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Well I am glad I am part of a reasonable forums were all of us can accept that this reality is ******* bananas, without trying to be political, someone needs to put their foot down and buckle this country up cuz more jobs are going to be lost if we let it be the wild wild west

It really is pretty staggering seeing folks resist wearing a mask and social distancing.... I just don't get it. Too many folks are just narcissistic, I think - if they don't see the mask as helping them in some measurable way, then it's useless... the whole idea of wearing a mask to protect others from you in the event you are sick and unaware just escapes them (or they don't care, because they are already sick). Too many people acting like children with the "you're not the boss of me" sort of attitude. The Trumpster-fire in DC isn't helping, either.

People dont know the actual constitution and just start saying "you are breaking my ### amendment" like come on, shut up and just wear the damn mask. I dont like it either, depending on mask, I kinda have a hard time breathing, kinda like walls closing in but I am not really claustrophobic. IDK, I am lucky I can work from home and in doing so, been able to save a bit of money to buy things I shouldnt be buying.

i walk every morning in a neighborhood of older people (target population). We see, on average, 50 people per walk and usually 1 mask. They all look aghast that we pull ours up and move across the street when approaching them.

Ive done fake coughing bit and it doesn't even phase them. From looking at localized social media, covid is fake news

Too many folks are just narcissistic, I think - if they don't see the mask as helping them in some measurable way, then it's useless...

People dont know the actual constitution and just start saying "you are breaking my ### amendment" like come on, shut up and just wear the damn mask.

We see, on average, 50 people per walk and usually 1 mask ... From looking at localized social media, covid is fake news

All quoted for truth. Rampant narcissism will literally be the death of some of us. It's gotten so bad here that a large local hospital has had to post conspicuous notices:

"Wearing a mask is not a political statement; it's a matter of public health and safety. If you refuse to wear a mask, you will not be allowed in the hospital."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

my college classes are starting up next week. masks are mandatory as we completing a daily questionnaire before coming to class.

I'm guessing there will be any number of idiots showing up sick. I figure there's enough crap in the air in the welding lab, that basic ppe is more than enough protection.

college classes? Tunning up you old man skills ( I assume you are an older gen not these young bucks), I joke but I should really go back to take some classes in something

When I was a kid I wanted to work on cars, alas I was raised by "first in the family to finish school" parents. There was no way I wasn't going to end up in an office. About a year and half ago, I said "F it" and walked away. Enrolled in the local tech school in automotive mechanics. I'm older than most of my classmates parents, so being on this forum with its wide variety of age & experiences suits me fine.

Being in tech school seems alot like high school chemistry....yer really going to let me play with fire and dangerous chemicals...mm'kay. The rest of my classmates have a much better attitude, thank goodness.

My dad is mid-60s, lives in Florida.

He's somewhere in between taking it serious and not. Wears a mask at the grocery store etc, but also is going to restaurants.

And has booked a CRUISE for October. He did at least get travel insurance.

I can understand the idea of getting it over with by going to an infection party, but somehow playing russian roulette with a half loaded revolver seems dumb. I'm holding out some lab will figure out the magic gene profile that survives this as well as the cocktail that makes it survivable for the rest of us. I get that its a bit of an ostrich approach, but not much I can add to the solution.

If my little part is wearing a mask, so be it.

also I'm finally out of alcohol, so had to start facing reality.

For more than you ever wanted to know about Vitamin D (D3, actually), its benefits, and why, see this peer-reviewed article from The New England Journal of Medicine (2007): http://www.mcinnisusa.com/public/Vitamin_D3_Holick_NEJM.pdf.

I'm a data guy, and some of the statistics cited in the article are quite remarkable. For example, how about: 60% reduction in rates of breast cancer among post-menopausal women receiving moderate daily supplements of Vitamin D3. Another: 80% reduction in risk of developing Type 1 Diabetes among children who received 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3 during their first year of life. (Finland, n=10,366 ... a huge, 31 year study)

Maybe... Consider the pale skins and sunless environs of Finland. Vitamin deficiencies are relevant. All these truly depend upon the veracity of those studies and their conclusions.

Overall, the "You need to take [insert plant, chemical, drug, vitamin, supplement, activity, process] and all your [CFS, "chronic" Lyme, COVID, autism, Alzheimer's....] will be prevented, cured, treated!!!" It's all capitalism, everything is for sale. Including the the souls of those that wittingly sell snake oil. Learn to be an informed skeptic....same with homeopathy, chiropractic and acupuncture....

Getting infected is taking a risk, given the realities of people of any age who have been harmed/died. Nick Cordero has a shitty year....And having been actually infected if you're asymptomatic is an unknown. And having a positive antibody test may or may not be accurate for CoV-2, and even if you're Ab+ it does not imply proven protection from another infection for too long. We have years before we will understand this virus and its effects on different variations of people. I'ma gonna wear the mask when I can't distance in crowded places. I had a + Ab test in May and had a potentially relevant "cold" in November. I did NOT go to Thanksgiving with my family, as my folks are both 80+....still bringing their supplies weekly since March...I wear my mask when I drop the stuff off and visit from a distance...as mother has dementia so every 5 minutes is a new day and she wants her hug....

When I was a kid I wanted to work on cars, alas I was raised by "first in the family to finish school" parents. There was no way I wasn't going to end up in an office. About a year and half ago, I said "F it" and walked away. Enrolled in the local tech school in automotive mechanics. I'm older than most of my classmates parents, so being on this forum with its wide variety of age & experiences suits me fine.

Being in tech school seems alot like high school chemistry....yer really going to let me play with fire and dangerous chemicals...mm'kay. The rest of my classmates have a much better attitude, thank goodness.

I feel you, I finished my Associates in Computer Tech and ended up working retail for a long time. Said I needed a change, had 2 options in front of me go to Architect School or go to UTI to learn mechanics. I choose incorrectly lol, went to UTI ended up moving to suburb Chicago for a year for their Toyota program (also a mistake, should have done Arizona instead). Ended up working at Firestone for a bit, then got a job at Toyota. Learned I should just started at Toyota and not dont the UTI route, I wouldn't be stuck with the student loans still lol. Though if I done the Architect route, I would be making nice chunk of change just designing plans on CAD. Got plans to add a 2nd floor to my crib but just blueprints and engineer stamps can easily be like ~$4k to $5k.

Nah, I aint playing with a virus that doctors aint sure how it be affecting people. I also didnt grow up always being outside and doing outdoor things like my wife. I am chilling playing video games and procrastinating on homelab and car projects. She gets kinda cabin feverish.

I get it. But it is so haaaarrrd to wear and breathe, plus I don't want to be told I have to, even if it's responsible protection for myself, my family and others when I can't distance.

U.S. COVID ONLY DEATHS *(1-2 WEEKS LAG)* 119,318

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/

YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO DIE FROM HEART DISEASE, CANCER, ACCIDENTS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE, AND STROKE

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

-

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

That's 120k people in 3 months or so, with a lockdown in the major hotspot at the time, NYC. Imagine no lockdown, and extrapolate over a year. It's crazy.

FLU SEASONS FROM START TO FINISH ARE 4-6MONTHS

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/flu-season.htm

COVID STARTED IN FEBRUARY 2020 IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS

BECAUSE THEY SUPPRESSED IT BY KEEPING PEOPLE APART AND INDOORS THEY PUSHED IT'S "BURN OUT" FURTHER.

SO CHINESE VIRUS 19 SHOULD BE GONE IN ANOTHER 1 TO 1 1/2 MONTHS

LOOK AT THE TREND

IT WILL BE A LOW STEADY OF DEATHS THEN IT WILL PLUMMET FAST.

THE DEATH RATES ARE PLUMMETING FAST WITH ALL THE TESTING

IT IS JUST A REGULAR FLU THAT IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS SO MORE GOT INFECTED THIS YEAR WHICH LEADS TO MORE DEATHS.

IT DIDN'T HELP THAT 5 STATES KILLED MORE IN THEIR NURSING HOMES AND THE DOCTORS WERE TOLD TO MARK DEATHS AS COVID IF THEY WEREN'T SURE.

SO THE DEATH RATE IS KNOWN TO BE SOME WHAT INFLATED

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/

I'm not interested into getting into an online shouting match on Covid-19. Because I really doubt that I'm going to change your mind and vice versa.

But I do want to mention that I'm finding it hard to have empathy for these places that are getting thousands of new cases a day.

I live in NYC and people and businesses sacrificed a LOT to get to where we are today. Why did they do that? Because people were literally dying by the truckload. So many people were dying so fast that there was no place to put them. So they started putting them in refrigerated trucks and staging them in public parks while waiting for cremation. Funeral homes were going 24/7. It was horrifying.

Ambulances were going 24/7. My friend lost six of his friends in March. One of my best friend's wife is an ER nurse. Imagine what it feels like for your wife to do 12-hr shifts with little PPE available. Why does she have to put her life on the every single day for people who can't be bothered to care?

And yes, less people are dying right now because we understand a little more on how to treat it. Also, a higher percentage of people who have it right now are younger. Don't be fooled into thinking that it's not going to spread to older demographics.

I thought it would be like a flu at first, too. It's nothing like a flu and I'm f-cking sick and tired of people saying that. The seasonal flu doesn't overwhelm hospitals.

If you think it's fake and don't want to wear a mask, fine, I don't care what you do. Just stay the hell away from me and don't expect business owners to put their workers at higher risk for serving or dealing with you.

No one wants to say "I told you so" in this context.