LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

An old friend of mine has COVID-19, he thinks he got it from Costco. He was wearing a N95 mask too. Whether he was wearing correctly is anyone's guess.

I will say that they way people use masks are a complete joke from what I've witnessed. They handle them without washing their hands first. I see masks around chins after 20 minutes of wearing them everywhere. If people are going to mishandle masks or not wear them correctly, then they are honestly better off not wearing one.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

I see the mask mostly as a way to protect others from me.

But I wonder how many cases that are there from the stuff you grab from the shelves in the grocery store and get your hands on. One infected other person recently touching or coughing on that can and then you have a risk of getting the virus.

We can only do so much, there's always a limit to what's possible. But if everyone do their part to some extent then we might be able to at least lower the impact.

453747.png

The best is seeing a father and son combo both wearing the mask wrong, specially with the son doing everything in their power to not wear it. Irks me a bit, like cant you teach your 12yo to not play with the thing.

I see the mask mostly as a way to protect others from me.

But I wonder how many cases that are there from the stuff you grab from the shelves in the grocery store and get your hands on. One infected other person recently touching or coughing on that can and then you have a risk of getting the virus.

We can only do so much, there's always a limit to what's possible. But if everyone do their part to some extent then we might be able to at least lower the impact.

Supposedly they say you are not very likely to get it from packaging and touching a mask. Most all transmissions are droplet form and breathed in by someone nearby, coughing, laughing, singing can project it further. But I still don't touch the front of the mask for any reason.

Ignore the covid/not-covid thing for a minute and just compare total deaths this calendar year to total deaths over the same period in the last few years.

There's been about 145,000 more deaths this year.

Why?

Deferred routine, outpatient care

Are you paying attention?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Supposedly they say you are not very likely to get it from packaging and touching a mask. Most all transmissions are droplet form and breathed in by someone nearby, coughing, laughing, singing can project it further. But I still don't touch the front of the mask for any reason.

I just see it as any means of transportation is possible for this virus, be it airborne or by contact doesn't matter.

But if someone claims that it's by radio waves or the internet then I'm doubtful.

453747.png

I just see it as any means of transportation is possible for this virus, be it airborne or by contact doesn't matter.

But if someone claims that it's by radio waves or the internet then I'm doubtful.

Nah bruh, It's due to 6G radio waves that they are silently deploying in every car :lol:

Looks like the US has a second wave going on:

Second wave of new cases started early/mid June.

At the time some people were dismissing it, mostly things like "well deaths aren't increasing" - missing the fact that it often takes weeks to die of covid.

Now that the deaths from the case surge are starting I'm expecting new excuses to start up

Don' know why they even started playing tbh, everything else is basically canceled for the rest of the year. We should be watching the Olympics about now, but those were canceled too. I expect the NFL to go about as smoothly as the MLB.

We have a small pop lid trashcan at the door, and a bag of 4 layer cloth masks in the mud room. Grab a mask on the way out, and drop it in the can on the way in. Mask up and dump the can in the washer on steam sanitize every week.

We're still the only ones masked on our morning walk. Whenever ever someone wants to challenge our 6' space, we stage a coughing fit. Ppl get really rude afterwards.

The neighborhood numbers are climbing and the narcissistic bitching on nextdoor is growing. Interestingly, home sales in my area are the highest it's been in 20 years. Ppl are listing and moving out, not even waiting for the house to sell.

I just got over a nasty respiratory infection last week that matched several covid symptoms, except I never got the raised temp, so couldn't get tested. How much was related to allergic reaction to the huskies is unknown. Drinking vast quantities of water throughout the day/night and doing practiced breathing helped. My resting heart rate increased ~25% with extremely high rates during respiratory distress.

Wish you the best boxkita, I been staying inside unless its groceries or picking up some food. We did eat at a couple of restaurant outdoor seating recently though, 1 restaurant we had the whole outdoor area to ourselves till we were almost done eating and people started to show up but no one got close. I haven't drove my car in almost 2 months or so, mainly due to not buying brakes and procrastinating on doing them but also since like I have nowhere to go.

We have a small pop lid trashcan at the door, and a bag of 4 layer cloth masks in the mud room. Grab a mask on the way out, and drop it in the can on the way in. Mask up and dump the can in the washer on steam sanitize every week.

We're still the only ones masked on our morning walk. Whenever ever someone wants to challenge our 6' space, we stage a coughing fit. Ppl get really rude afterwards.

The neighborhood numbers are climbing and the narcissistic bitching on nextdoor is growing. Interestingly, home sales in my area are the highest it's been in 20 years. Ppl are listing and moving out, not even waiting for the house to sell.

I just got over a nasty respiratory infection last week that matched several covid symptoms, except I never got the raised temp, so couldn't get tested. How much was related to allergic reaction to the huskies is unknown. Drinking vast quantities of water throughout the day/night and doing practiced breathing helped. My resting heart rate increased ~25% with extremely high rates during respiratory distress.

Sorry to hear about the URI. I believe you should still be tested. With all the variety of people, their immune systems, and the different effects/outcomes that have been observed I don't believe having a temp under that in the guidelines is a defensible reason to not get tested! Good luck.

Also check around the town/city/state website, I know my town has been organizing free Covid 19 testing every other or so week. I signed up to for the towns alert system and got a text last week that they plan to hold an event this weekend but its appt based