LegacyGT.com

Noname 08 OBXT Rebuild Thread

Well I have a new issue. My clutch pressure plate doesn't seem to want to line up? Or I don't understand how it works maybe. I got the excedy fjk1001 clutch kit and the excedy FWSBL02FF flywheel, both of which show as working for this car. If I understand, the pressure plate should bolt to the flywheel right?

e851d96bf830b0e530056f3509c122ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the non-turbo flywheel. You need part number TYF001.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you shoulda have gotten the exedy kit with the flywheel! excedy fjk1001fw and saved yourself this trouble lol.

You have two options from exedy , what rhino said tyf001 for oem, or the lightweight model FF502A

https://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-oem/exedy-oem-flywheel/tyf001/i-2295617.aspx

https://shop.exedyusa.com/exedy-racing-clutch/exedy-racing-lightweight-flywheel/ff502a/i-2292403.aspx

Not sure if the tyf001 is dual mass or not.

You should also change those flywheel bolts to the ones with normal heads, part number 800210660.

Dangit. Well that would explain a lot. It looks like tyf001 is not dual mass and rallysport has it so I'll just run down there sometime this week. I got the bolts at least! I had a hard time finding clutches honestly for some reason. A lot of places don't like to list having anything for the obxt but have stuff for the lgt.

Thanks for catching that for me guys. I was real bummed when my old pressure plate was the same exedy one. I knew I was gonna have to pull that flywheel back off. I found the pcv valve at least today haha.

Remember to keep the pilot bearing.

Luckily I've got another. One came with the flywheel and one with the clutch kit. I'm hoping I can get near everything, including the turbo, this weekend. But it might rain/snow so we'll see.

So you're saying rotate the bracket on the block?

I finally found an image of one from a thread I've referenced a few times but kept missing the picture. I'll take a better look at mine tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much.

773eb2117104b1c9165a001f930908f1.jpg

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/group-n-engine-mounts-81119.html

Yep I see it. OK yea it certainly doesn't look like it should go that way but I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I tried testing it on the block and on the cross member. I'll spin them around. Appreciate the pictures.

So today I'm getting to work out all the craziness that is vacuum hoses and intake Manifold. My fuel lines don't want to come off so it's a mess of parts. Have a used gimmick motorsports turbo inlet I'm going to use. I'm seeing two ways of doing routing. One where you tee the pcv hose into the valve cover breather hose (I'm not sure which hose that is) or to tee the evap to the boost control like the cobb sti instructions.

I didn't take good enough pictures I've learned. I thought I did. But I keep finding them lacking. And all the walk throughs are on cars. Oh well. I'm going to hopefully get most everything back on today after another parts run.

Some of those sure would have helped yesterday! Man I need to remember to look through your thread when I get stuck.

I pulled the uhhh metal bracket and nipple thing off the back of the intake manifold, where the small hose from the pcv connects. Well turns out that's a "non serviceable part" and I lost one of the two screws. I'll try to measure the other one and likely order from McMaster Carr. Fuel rails don't seem to want to line up either, almost like they are twisted or bent. I'm wondering if it's because of the cold (sub 50).

My work space today to try to protect me from the light and potentially heavier rains later.924c2944399949bbb10a0fd9db735fc1.jpg

Well I got the fuel injectors and rails in place for the most part. Seem to have misplaced the bolts that go to the intake for the fuel lines but I'm sure I'll find them. And easy to access and not critical anyway. I think bent was the right word for them. They did not want to line up at all but they are bolted down now and I don't think they are putting any lateral stress on the injectors. Depending on weather tomorrow, hopefully I can connect the rest of the vacuum lines, do the turbo inlet, and put on the turbo itself.

This is the piece on the intake manifold I was talking about. Unlike the fuel lines, I don't think this bolt will turn up.

38e29e760580357c7e9a4537f7471e74.jpg

Before the intake manifold is on.

007af84d6357c09158bd7a36366b4ad1.jpg

Sometimes you go to long between disassembly and reassembly. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be something in these two threaded holes.

One is on the drive tgv, on the passenger side the cover thing that goes over the fuel lines has two spots, the driver side has one.

The other photo is next to the oil fill neck. I don't recall anything being there before but idk.

Edit: I've looked through my pics, the fsm, and a few rebuild threads and such and as far as I can tell, nothing goes there.eb251ad31ae09ac00ff76d7afd00fea2.jpgcea8212f625e961933cea1b321685964.jpg

Edited by Nonamedude

Made some more slow progress. Ran into an issue with the turbo inlet and not having the hose fittings to use. The breather hose is 5/8" and the pcv is 1/2" and lowes and home depot didn't have anything. Everything else was closed. Thinking I might run the bcs and evap on a tee since they are the same size instead. Not sure how much a concern flow really is through these hoses. I think the person I bought it from only used 3 of the 4 ports.

Got the turbo on and wiring a lot of the stuff. Still routing some things and might take a weekday off to finish up assembly and be able to get to stores when they are open. At least home depot had the screw for the pcv to manifold I lost. M6x1.0 12mm

9f1de959eb512c478351478f8f0a03ae.jpgc4e34cbdbd37e1e909ed1ce949b7776e.jpgee59a3dd9b1304860a144e7035a5b0a3.jpg717991a930955bd033cbb95d84a7a014.jpg

i'll take a look on my engine in the morning to verify about those bolt holes!

Well I got a good picture before disassembly of the TGV one. The more I think about it, the more I think that the TGV are identical so they just give you the bolt holes you need for both sides.

I'm wondering if the one by the oil filler neck has to do with the secondary air pump. I didn't know what a lot of the stuff was when I started this so my bag labeling is lacking. I have a few bags that I'm looking at going that doesn't make any sense. I'm just waiting until I'm missing a bolt somewhere haha.

With much wailing and gnashing of teeth, got the turbo inlet in and all the hoses in place. I can't imagine trying that with the engine in the car. Hopefully nothing blows off first pull I do. There's some clear fitment issues with the gimmick one but I think I got it to work. 0f1a2e83d3d354f30166c2f8d3cf10cc.jpg

Also got a good photo of the mounts on the correct way for future reference.

871ccdfd1061fa2d4c8332680ff2940f.jpg

Well it's ready to go in the car. Everything is on and all the cables are routed. Flywheel and clutch are on. Intercooler fits, I know it needs to be off just test fitting it. Only issue is the secondary air pump doesn't line up. New oil dipstick tube is in the way. It's possible I got the wrong one and the angle is off.

aff8f6e5b958845a44231e52b53ddc46.jpg

I also realized I almost certainly messed up the tgv motor and actuator. I didn't preload the spring tension, found that in another thread. There's no butterfly in it and I'd have to pull the whole thing apart so I'm thinking I'll just delete the CEL codes as if I did the full delete. Might get rid of the secondary air pump too if I'm going to be in there deleting codes. Not sure if that is something that shows up on emissions?